: What do you want for Christmas?

"G$"
12-09-08, 04:44 PM
In the spirit of the season... share with us what you want. Also, act like a kid who's writing a list to Santa. If you celebrate another december holiday feel free to join!

Dear Santa,

I want a Bug deflector, window tint, & a roofrack for my truck
Peanut Brittle
A nice bottle of Cabernet
The Black Knight DVD
A new Wallmount for my HD TV that swivels & sways & tilts
New basketball sneakers
gloves
a lightweight snow shovel
Beer
World Peace

add on...

nickc50310
12-09-08, 04:47 PM
Baconnaise!!

creeker
12-09-08, 04:56 PM
Baconnaise!!

I'll buy you a good ol canadian beer,what's your address?.

Submariner409
12-09-08, 04:57 PM
Peace on Earth and Good Will toward all.........

.......and a jug of Elijah Craig Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky.

Rolex
12-09-08, 04:57 PM
Peace, love, good will toward all men.

eyekandyboats.inc
12-09-08, 05:05 PM
to get laid lol

"G$"
12-09-08, 05:15 PM
Baconnaise!!

For you bacon lovers try this: http://www.gratefulpalate.com/?p=Category_11.

I love bacon...a lot. Not enough to prefess my undieing love for it on this website like a few unnamed gents on this board, but I love it and have to share this story with you..

I got married in August...and got a mystery wedding gift from someone and I dont' know who it is. But Basically I'm getting a gourmet package of bacon shipped to my door monthly. This was the 2nd month that I received it and it is so damned good. The last stuff was from some farm in Oregon. I have 10 months of bacon extacy to go! See the link above.

I think it might've been my cousin who got me the "bacon of the month" subscription but she says its not her for some reason.

Sandy
12-09-08, 11:45 PM
For Christmas I want Peace on Earth, and good Will to all mankind !

For Hanukkah I want our son, to finally get accepted to Law School.
For myself, I want good health, likewise for my wife.

For "treats" I'd like a new battery jumper to replace the one stolen from her Jeep
and (God, forgive me) for our son to get a different girlfriend 'cause the current one......well......:raspberry::arghh:

I would also like some damn good cigars !!

Jesda
12-09-08, 11:57 PM
Xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr xlr

ryannel2003
12-10-08, 12:14 AM
I'll go with Jesda, but I'm adding a -V to the end of mine.

Aron9000
12-10-08, 12:39 AM
I want a nice stereo for my house. Couple of big floor speakers, sub, and receiver.

For the Brougham, it really needs a new vinyl top, there is rust starting to form under there and the rust needs to be sent straight to hell.

I'd also like a new computer, but I'm too cheap to buy one. Going to build one myself. Still keeping my circa 2000 19" CRT until it breaks though.

gdwriter
12-10-08, 01:24 AM
We draw names among my parents and sisters, with a $75 limit. Can't get much for Betty under that amount, but I did find a few things I'd enjoy:

Elegant Arches, Soaring Spans: C.B. McCullough Oregon's Master Bridge Builder:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HETQ5YSSL._SS500_.jpg

I'm kind of a bridge geek; I love the combination of engineering and artistry in iconic spans like the Golden Gate. The bridges along U.S. 101 on the Oregon Coast (pictured is the Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport) are all landmarks, so I'll enjoy learning more about them.

Hogan Wings 1:200 Boeing House Colors Boeing 747-8 New Colors

http://www.airlinemuseum.com/catalog/images/products/HG3657G.jpg

The mantle on my fireplace already looks like an airport. I already have a Boeing 727, 737-700, the 747 prototype, a 747-400, 777 prototype and 777-200LR, so this model (I love the graceful wings) will make a nice addition to my collection.

1964 Chevy Illustrated Facts/Features Manual

http://www.impalas.com/files/cache/4c22a92b625627f72e8f6f7741255e4a.jpg

I already have the original owners manuals and dealer sales brochures, but don't have this one. Will be interested to see what's in it.

Sandy
12-10-08, 08:16 AM
Jesda, i'd love to see you get a XLR. Better yet, love to see your face as Santa & the elves attempt to shove it down your chimney! :helpless: OUCH x 1000 !

DopeStar 156
12-10-08, 09:01 AM
A chromed out .45 and a leather biker jacket......

I also want The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray.....

CIWS
12-10-08, 10:51 AM
Nothing.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-10-08, 11:14 AM
New power inverter for my stupid opera lights.

Wireless router because I just got a new laptop.

New electric heated mattress pad because my old one broke.

$ for car repairs/college dues and books.

gary88
12-10-08, 01:53 PM
A new camera lens (Canon 35mm f/1.4L), and cash to put towards a new camera body (see avatar).

Coma
12-10-08, 04:15 PM
Dear Santa,

I want my cousin to start talking with me again, even if she doesn't like me anymore. =(

dkozloski
12-10-08, 05:05 PM
Peace and quiet and one full good nights sleep.

MauiV
12-10-08, 05:07 PM
I want someone to pay my wifes tuition.

Yeahhhh, thadd be great.

[NortHStaR]
12-11-08, 06:18 AM
I would love a Northstar powered Allanté! :cool2:

The girlfriend wants a 06 Mary Kay DTS (I'm so proud *tear*)

ewill3rd
12-11-08, 08:00 AM
I would like 2 things.

1. To be happy for one day out of the year.... I mean really, really happy. (don't ask)

2. For people to stop lying to their children in order to manipulate their behavior

Coma
12-11-08, 09:00 AM
2. For people to stop lying to their children in order to manipulate their behavior

Not gonna happen.

"G$"
12-11-08, 09:12 AM
;1706547']I would love a Northstar powered Allanté! :cool2:

The girlfriend wants a 06 Mary Kay DTS (I'm so proud *tear*)

If my wife drove the Mary Kay DTS I would love it... :cool2:

concorso
12-11-08, 10:34 AM
Id like a break.

MauiV
12-11-08, 12:48 PM
We saw a Mary Kay pink XLR in Bowling Green. My wife fell in love with it.

Krashed989
12-13-08, 12:42 PM
I would like to finally get out of this financial bind that I've been in for the past few years... Christmas just seems to put me into it deeper though. Last time I went to the bank I had $1.37 in my account.... Sad times.

"G$"
12-13-08, 03:22 PM
I would like to finally get out of this financial bind that I've been in for the past few years... Christmas just seems to put me into it deeper though. Last time I went to the bank I had $1.37 in my account.... Sad times.

Merry christmas Krashed. Best of luck in `09. Think Positive. When I was 21 I was VERY broke and it was pretty rough. I was in 7,000 credit card debt, had a bunch of college loan debt, got in trouble with the law, Etc. You're young...if you work hard and make smart decisions you'll look back in the future & chuckle. Stay positive, set goals, work hard & never give up. PEACE MAN!

ewill3rd
12-14-08, 06:46 AM
I got up to 15k in CC debt when I was younger. My wife helped pull me out when we got married and I have been a good boy ever since.
I don't have a lot of extra spending cash, but my bills are paid each month.
Hopefully after the 1st of the year I'll still have a company to work for.
Thanks to the support of our loyal customers we are doing okay, a lot better than some dealers.
I guess what I'd like for Christmas is to know that this time next year I'll still be working for GM.

BacDoc
12-14-08, 08:40 AM
I'd like the conscious to give more. I really have too much already.

EcSTSatic
12-16-08, 08:41 AM
For all of you gun/handymen out there. New nail gun (http://www.shtfblog.com/new-dewalt-ar-15-nail-gun-on-the-market/)by DeWalt

http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/images/Photoshoots/Kate_AmChicken/IMG_2319.JPG

C&C
12-16-08, 11:07 AM
How about a ZR1, ain't gonna happen, but that's what I want.

eyekandyboats.inc
12-16-08, 10:23 PM
i actually would like a pair of sun glasses. I continue to lose mine but i always need them ( sensitive eyes)
\ other then that i am looking forward to 2009 even tho of the economic problems. it going to be a very interesting year ... that's for sure

creeker
12-16-08, 10:45 PM
[quote=gdwriter;1705473]We draw names among my parents and sisters, with a $75 limit. Can't get much for Betty under that amount, but I did find a few things I'd enjoy:

Elegant Arches, Soaring Spans: C.B. McCullough Oregon's Master Bridge Builder:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HETQ5YSSL._SS500_.jpg

I'm kind of a bridge geek; I love the combination of engineering and artistry in iconic spans like the Golden Gate. The bridges along U.S. 101 on the Oregon Coast (pictured is the Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport) are all landmarks, so I'll enjoy learning more about them.

Hogan Wings 1:200 Boeing House Colors Boeing 747-8 New Colors

http://www.airlinemuseum.com/catalog/images/products/HG3657G.jpg

The mantle on my fireplace already looks like an airport. I already have a Boeing 727, 737-700, the 747 prototype, a 747-400, 777 prototype and 777-200LR, so this model (I love the graceful wings) will make a nice addition to my collection.

1964 Chevy Illustrated Facts/Features Manual

http://www.impalas.com/files/cache/4c22a92b625627f72e8f6f7741255e4a.jpg

I already have the original owners manuals and dealer sales brochures, but don't have this one. Will be interested to see what's in it.[/quote

I have been over that bridge quite a few times,we used to go down to Yahats oregon a lot,beautiful beaches,especially spectacular in the fall during storm season.

C0RSA1R
12-16-08, 10:48 PM
I'll go with Jesda, but I'm adding a -V to the end of mine.

Haha, amen! In the reddest color they have, please. And maybe a brain transplant for the woman, so she can finally share in my love of a finely tuned N* engine . . . at least without worrying about being seen by her hippy friends while riding in a "gas-guzzler".
:rant2:

On second thought, maybe a trade in for the wonderful lady in the picture above (hat tip to EcSTSatic).

RightTurn
12-16-08, 11:35 PM
The friend I lost last year.

dkozloski
12-16-08, 11:42 PM
For all of you gun/handymen out there. New nail gun (http://www.shtfblog.com/new-dewalt-ar-15-nail-gun-on-the-market/)by DeWalt

http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/images/Photoshoots/Kate_AmChicken/IMG_2319.JPG
I already have a couple of Paslode nail guns and they are fun. Nothing like explosives to liven up a dull job.

This year I'm hoping for some new underwear and T-shirts.

gdwriter
12-17-08, 11:31 PM
I have been over that bridge quite a few times,we used to go down to Yahats oregon a lot,beautiful beaches,especially spectacular in the fall during storm season.I need to check out the bridges south of Newport at some point. The Yaquina Bay bridge on the cover of the book is my favorite after the Golden Gate. It's such an elegant design.

creeker
12-17-08, 11:49 PM
I need to check out the bridges south of Newport at some point. The Yaquina Bay bridge on the cover of the book is my favorite after the Golden Gate. It's such an elegant design.

There was a bridge just completed in British Columbia Canada that is considered an engineering marvel,I seen it when the pillars were completed , and it was mind blowing at the height of these free standing pillars,it's on utube under Kicking horse pass bridge, have a look.

Jesda
12-18-08, 01:46 AM
I want more Chinese-made trinkets!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-18-08, 01:57 AM
The friend I lost last year.

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/0/0/02_2008/Picture%2050_2.larger.jpg

Sorry for your loss, as always. My grandfather is on his way out as well and I will miss him dearly.

ewill3rd
12-18-08, 06:30 AM
On of my friends lost his wife right before Thanksgiving, he's really having a rough time.
She was all he had and he gave a kidney up for her in the process.
He's going to have a rough time making it through the holidays, and to make matters worse his family is trying to fix him up on dates less than a month after his loss.... WTF is wrong with people?
:(

billc83
12-18-08, 06:57 AM
If Santa would be so forgiving, I believe this car and I were destined to be together

1930 Cadillac V-16 Touring Phaeton (if I'm remembering correctly)

Car was built on April 8, 1930, which also happens to be my birthday (though a little later than the Great Depression!). It was in amazing condition, but a bit out of my price range at $495,000. It was on Ebay a few days back, but has since been removed. Hopefully Santa hit 'Buy it Now' with intentions of a Christmas delivery.

Coma
12-18-08, 10:13 AM
So, you are 78?

billc83
12-18-08, 11:05 AM
Errr...April 8th would be my birthday, but not in 1930...

I'm only 25!

RightTurn
12-19-08, 01:18 AM
Sorry for your loss, as always. My grandfather is on his way out as well and I will miss him dearly.

Thanks, but my friend didn't die. I just lost him. :alchi: He'll turn up sooner or later.

ewill3rd
12-19-08, 06:40 AM
I have lost a lot of friends that way RT, they might as well be dead.
It would probably be better for their families. (sorry to say that, but....)

Coma
12-19-08, 08:51 AM
Hmm, it's pretty harsh on the forums around Christmas time...

Well, it looks like my previous wish is going to come true. :)