: Supplier pricing?

ExtraV
12-09-08, 04:17 PM
Are dealers offering Supplier Pricing for those who are qualified? The supplier website says yes, but my dealer says no. I work for a GM supplier.

I test drove one today and loved the car.

Thanks,

AZstar
12-09-08, 04:54 PM
I asked my dealership if they were honoring Supplier Pricing. They not only said yes, they said they would sell the car to me for Dealer Invoice. That's lower than Supplier Pricing. If your dealer won't honor Supplier Pricing, I suggest you find another dealer. Presumably they will get your money for maintenance so get the best price for the car upfront. Shop around. Times are tuff, dealerships are dealing even on this new car.

Loadtoad
12-09-08, 09:13 PM
My local dealer offered me Supplier pricing after talking to the sales manager for about 5 minutes.

It's about $4,500 under MSRP

GMX322V S/C
12-10-08, 12:00 AM
Are dealers offering Supplier Pricing for those who are qualified? The supplier website says yes...Are you able to actually get an authorization code from the Supplier website? CTS-V doesn't appear in the drop-down list for me. I can build one with the supplier prices listed, but I can't seem to get the code itself...

ExtraV
12-10-08, 08:58 AM
Are you able to actually get an authorization code from the Supplier website? CTS-V doesn't appear in the drop-down list for me. I can build one with the supplier prices listed, but I can't seem to get the code itself...

I have not tried that. However, if you click on the FAQ section, it will list the cars not available for supplier pricing. The only cars in the list that are excluded are the Corvette ZR1 and a Saturn Hybrid.

and..it says that list was updated 12/9/08.

Krug Ford
12-10-08, 12:46 PM
I will do the CTS-V at Supplier and after January 5th GMS Will be accepted..

GMX322V S/C
12-15-08, 09:35 PM
I have not tried that. However, if you click on the FAQ section, it will list the cars not available for supplier pricing. The only cars in the list that are excluded are the Corvette ZR1 and a Saturn Hybrid.

and..it says that list was updated 12/9/08.FYI, I wrote to them and here is their reply:
Thank you for your interest in GM Supplier Discount. When you choose a vehicle type when obtaining an authorization number, this is for marketing purposes only. You can use your authorization number on any new and eligible GM Vehicle.

Kadonny
12-16-08, 09:12 AM
What's the difference between GMS and supplier pricing?

Cadillac Tony
12-16-08, 12:53 PM
GMS is for employees and family only, and is below Dealer Invoice. Supplier is slightly above invoice. On a loaded car, GMS is $2,700 less than supplier.

Kadonny
12-16-08, 12:58 PM
Thanks Tony, GMS sounds like it should stand for GM Supplier.

Cadillac Tony
12-16-08, 01:10 PM
Yeah, that acronym is a constant source of confusion around here. Supplier is technically abbreviated "GSU", but that term never gets used.

thebigjimsho
12-16-08, 01:20 PM
GMS is for employees and family only, and is below Dealer Invoice. Supplier is slightly above invoice. On a loaded car, GMS is $2,700 less than supplier.Can you give anybody Supplier pricing? I'd love it. Aren't some dealers doing that? :alchi:

Kadonny
12-16-08, 02:10 PM
Can you give anybody Supplier pricing? I'd love it. Aren't some dealers doing that? :alchi:

Caddy red tag event right now gives everyone supplier pricing.

Krug Ford
12-16-08, 02:43 PM
The CTS-V is excluded from the Red Tag Sale..

If some wants supplier pricing they have to come see me in person..

To get it.

thebigjimsho
12-16-08, 10:56 PM

To get it.I get it?

big_tugg
12-17-08, 09:16 AM

To get it.

please still work there in the summer :D

FreddyG
12-26-08, 01:58 AM
If a person doesn't qualify for the GMS or GM Employee pricing, can't a deal be struck to just buy the car at that price? If GMS or Gm Employee pricing is used, does the dealer get reimbursed some money from "The General"?

What's the best deal that you Guys have heard of just by buying the car, instead of either of these price plans? Does GM still use the GMID (GM in the driveway) pricing if I've got a code?

Just curious and Thanks! :cheers:

Kadonny
12-26-08, 10:02 AM
If a person doesn't qualify for the GMS or GM Employee pricing, can't a deal be struck to just buy the car at that price? If GMS or Gm Employee pricing is used, does the dealer get reimbursed some money from "The General"?

Yes, GM does give the dealer a better price on the car so the dealer still makes his profit on the car, GM is the one getting the price cut.

What's the best deal that you Guys have heard of just by buying the car, instead of either of these price plans? Does GM still use the GMID (GM in the driveway) pricing if I've got a code?

Just bug your salesman if you have one. Each sales person got 2 certificates they can give out to "relatives" or "friends" that give you employee pricing. That is by far the best deal going if you can get it.

Cadillac Tony
12-26-08, 11:03 AM

The Dealer only gets reimbursed if they submit a valid authorization number to GM for the Supplier or Employee pricing. If they sell at that price to a non-qualifying person, they have two choices: Lose the money, or submit a number from a different buyer that does qualify. The latter can get the Dealer in big trouble if they're caught doing it.

A GM Employee or Supplier can give a code to friends or family. Find someone with a code and be really nice to them. :D

FreddyG
12-26-08, 01:02 PM
Yes, GM does give the dealer a better price on the car so the dealer still makes his profit on the car, GM is the one getting the price cut.

Just bug your salesman if you have one. Each sales person got 2 certificates they can give out to "relatives" or "friends" that give you employee pricing. That is by far the best deal going if you can get it.

Thank You for the info! :cheers:

I never thought of that! If the salesperson wants to make the sale, then chances are, they might give one up! That's got to be a pretty good commission on a $60k car. Not too mention that ANY sale is going to help GM now! You'd have to sell 2-3 Cobalts to equal one CTS-V commission!

Kadonny
12-26-08, 03:26 PM
Thank You for the info! :cheers:

I never thought of that! If the salesperson wants to make the sale, then chances are, they might give one up! That's got to be a pretty good commission on a $60k car. Not too mention that ANY sale is going to help GM now! You'd have to sell 2-3 Cobalts to equal one CTS-V commission!

Yup. Then if you were lucky like a bunch of us, you also got the 2k rebate they rescinded last week.

ExtraV
12-26-08, 04:50 PM
So dealers can now accept employee pricing on the V? If anyone has a few lying around...I would love to have that deal. Maybe I can pick up a V this weekend. :)

GMX322V S/C
12-26-08, 05:45 PM
Yup. Then if you were lucky like a bunch of us, you also got the 2k rebate they rescinded last week.My dealer did an incentive search; it produced a surprisingly long list that included a couple of $2,000 items, but they did not apply to me (at least one had to do with special financing). After I showed him a web site screenshot indicating the incentive and the date, he said he would inquire with the GM business office on Monday and we co-signed a form he'll be submitting.

So apparently the retraction has cascaded through the dealer information network...

MReiland
12-27-08, 08:59 AM
Like Tony Said above,

If you don't natively qualify for GMS or GSU, some really quick searching on the forums will tell you who to contact as far as the GM employee's here that can propably share thier codes with the 'For Friends:highfive:' programs.

Thanks,
Matt

FreddyG
12-28-08, 01:23 PM
Like Tony Said above,

If you don't natively qualify for GMS or GSU, some really quick searching on the forums will tell you who to contact as far as the GM employee's here that can propably share thier codes with the 'For Friends:highfive:' programs.

Thanks,
Matt

Is the "For Friends" program the employee pricing or the suppliers pricing?

MReiland
12-28-08, 02:38 PM
Is the "For Friends" program the employee pricing or the suppliers pricing?

Until Jan5th it is BOTH! After that who knows, but it is a solid bet employee for friends will be back at some point in 2009.

vperl
12-29-08, 08:44 PM
Remember, when folks mentioned that some dealers might, might, just might, maybe try to rip of the hair, scalp and finger naills of potential buyers of the 2009 CTS-V ???????????

Well, I asked and got a quote from a local caddy dealer, from management, not some new salesman, someone that could never make a mistake, but a BOSS.

I asked for only one cost option, Navigation...... black in color.... and automatic transmission

Well, this boss, shot back a quote to me ;;;:: Short and to the point

Auto,Nav.,Black $83435.0+T&L when aplicable

Anyone interested in the car let me know I will get you in contact, E-Mail and all....

no problwm

v

Kadonny
12-30-08, 09:18 AM
Auto,Nav.,Black $83435.0+T&L when aplicable

v

Wow, cool. I saved about 30k buying here on the east coast. Maybe I got the "Northeast Winter" pricing. W00t!

vperl
12-30-08, 10:56 AM
Wow, cool. I saved about 30k buying here on the east coast. Maybe I got the "Northeast Winter" pricing. W00t!

I may have mentioned to the salesman, that I wished him LUCK, and that shipping the car from floridia would save 25K or more.