: Hello everyone

GMX322V S/C
12-09-08, 02:23 AM
First post!

Ordered my V2 back in September; was 2nd with deposit at my dealer, but he tells me my car was first to be built and delivered for them. He expects it this Wednesday the 10th, but the GM Exchange Report seems to target the 15th. Oh well, apparently it's in transit--it'll get there when it get's there.

I ordered it in Thunder Gray with Ebony/Ebony interior, loaded except for sunroof, so I've been drooling with lust over the pictures member Short-Throw has been posting!

The hardest decision was to go with the auto; the head said auto, the heart said manual (the no-lift feature made it especially agonizing!). I went with the auto for a variety of reasons, many of which have been stated by others all over the forum: daily driver, L.A. traffic, at least as quick as the manual, rev-match on downshift, have other pure sports car with manual, ease-of-use for other family members, etc.
I can hardly wait--firing it up will probably give me goosebumps...the exhaust note, the subtle supercharger whine... :woot:

LV_V
12-09-08, 02:36 AM
ease-of-use for other family members, etc.
Say whaaaa??? :cool: :thepan:

Welcome!!

GMX322V S/C
12-09-08, 09:06 AM
Thanks :D Yup, we do road trips and when we're not taking the "long way" there, I don't mind just being a passenger once in awhile!

Dr. Design
12-09-08, 03:15 PM
Hello,
Congrats. I think we all are living a little bit through short throw right about now. When you get your V, come on down and we can discuss adding some goodies to your new beast! For some reason I think California got the short end of the stick and seem to be the last to receive their initial cars. What dealer did you go to?

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

First post!

Ordered my V2 back in September; was 2nd with deposit at my dealer, but he tells me my car was first to be built and delivered for them. He expects it this Wednesday the 10th, but the GM Exchange Report seems to target the 15th. Oh well, apparently it's in transit--it'll get there when it get's there.

I ordered it in Thunder Gray with Ebony/Ebony interior, loaded except for sunroof, so I've been drooling with lust over the pictures member Short-Throw has been posting!

The hardest decision was to go with the auto; the head said auto, the heart said manual (the no-lift feature made it especially agonizing!). I went with the auto for a variety of reasons, many of which have been stated by others all over the forum: daily driver, L.A. traffic, at least as quick as the manual, rev-match on downshift, have other pure sports car with manual, ease-of-use for other family members, etc.
I can hardly wait--firing it up will probably give me goosebumps...the exhaust note, the subtle supercharger whine... :woot:

V-Love
12-09-08, 04:00 PM
I don't mind just being a passenger once in awhile!

Tell me that after you drive it! Congrats and good luck with it.

Short-Throw
12-09-08, 04:54 PM
Oh well, apparently it's in transit--it'll get there when it get's there.

Great attitude, much easier said than done!

Thanks! Looking forward to you posting some 'clone' pictures yourself!

I went with the auto for a variety of reasons, many of which have been stated by others all over the forum: daily driver, L.A. traffic,

There's no question about it that a manual in the car connects you better, I had the same tough choice. The car has a dual personality and can be aggressive or civil. This car is a pleasure to drive at any speed with all the great amenities and the times when you want to sit back and relax it's been great having the A6. I get my fix on the race track with a few cars, so perhaps it was easier for me to decide. This is the first car I've ever owned with this kind of power that was an automatic and I don't regret it.

There is no right or wrong and if you're a person who is going to be driving this car for 100% pure recreation, I would order the manual.

Mike

Short-Throw
12-09-08, 04:56 PM
For some reason I think California got the short end of the stick and seem to be the last to receive their initial cars.

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

There has to be some balancing of the scales. You have the great weather!

chris1268
12-09-08, 05:04 PM
There has to be some balancing of the scales. You have the great weather!

Yeah - You get to drive all year round:thehand:

Dr. Design
12-09-08, 06:05 PM
Yeah that might be the case, but I would love to trade 1 week of that super cold horsepower making weather for a week of sunshine!!! Oh and send us some of your 94 octane fuel! :highfive:

Dr. D

Yeah - You get to drive all year round:thehand:

chris1268
12-09-08, 06:15 PM
Yeah that might be the case, but I would love to trade 1 week of that super cold horsepower making weather for a week of sunshine!!! Oh and send us some of your 94 octane fuel! :highfive:

Dr. D

:shhh:

Albertan
12-09-08, 06:30 PM
Dr. Design
You might want to come here next week. You'll be able to make LOTS of horsepower in the super cold -22F. Won't get any wheel hop either what with all the snow and ice on the streets.

Dr. Design
12-09-08, 08:12 PM
As tempting as that sounds, thats a little too cold. :)

Dr. D

Dr. Design
You might want to come here next week. You'll be able to make LOTS of horsepower in the super cold -22F. Won't get any wheel hop either what with all the snow and ice on the streets.

GMX322V S/C
12-09-08, 11:29 PM
Hello,
Congrats. I think we all are living a little bit through short throw right about now. When you get your V, come on down and we can discuss adding some goodies to your new beast!Sounds like a plan, doc!
For some reason I think California got the short end of the stick and seem to be the last to receive their initial cars. What dealer did you go to?Bewley Allen over in Alhambra. I initially called Allen (no relation) down in Laguna Niguel because I had dealt with them before; don't know if they were pulling my leg, but they said they had "over 10" deposits down at the time (End of Sept). On a whim, I dropped in on Bewley Allen a day later and plunked my deposit down for #2 on the list...go figure...

GMX322V S/C
12-09-08, 11:35 PM
Tell me that after you drive it! Congrats and good luck with it.You're probably right :lildevil: Thanks!