: Certified - so what is covered?

Blown & Injected
12-08-08, 06:01 PM
A quick Google search turned up no details about it...

Thanks,
Steve

Tmcc-V
12-09-08, 03:23 PM
A quick Google search turned up no details about it...

Thanks,
Steve

Cetrified provides the same bumper to bumper, zero deductible warranty as the new car warranty out to 6 years from initial in service date or 100K miles. Like ussual tires, brakes and other wear items are not covered. The only other thing that I am aware of is that it does not include the normal free map updates for the Nav system.

1 year OnStar and 3 month XM are also included, just like a new car.

Blown & Injected
12-09-08, 05:22 PM
Thanks, I just did some searching on this site and it looks like nobody really knows - just a link to the Cadillac site that says 6/100K bumper to bumper and NO DETAILS :(

I thought I have noticed some comment about loaner car and some wear items that are not covered.

Hopefully I can find the "factory warrantee" information in the manuals for the car.

Tmcc-V
12-10-08, 12:26 PM
It is a 2 year / 50,000 mile extension of the warranty that comes with the new vehicle.

Is there something specific that you are concerned about?

Blown & Injected
12-10-08, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I am concerned that nobody seems to know what is covered. All my searches and reading have turned up comments like better then the factory warrantee - but it looks like it is just the factory warrantee, only longer.

If it is better then the GMPP, as I have read on this site, then I should get a free rental/loaner car while my car is in the shop. I am concerned that there is not a link to a GM site that says this is NOT covered and we will do this for ya...type thing. The Cadillac site just says it's a bumper to bumper warrantee but not really bumper to bumper

Rolex
12-10-08, 04:47 PM
I have never personally seen our local Cadillac dealer deny someone's claim on a certified Cadillac vehicle, no matter how big or small. I have seen claims denied on the GMPP, and read stories here. Certification is better then the factory warranty because it's bumper-to-bumper and good for 100k miles. I'm not aware of ANY factory warranty that covers everything up to 100k, though there are several now that cover the power train up to 100k.

I guess if you need rental car coverage you're out of luck.

Blown & Injected
12-10-08, 05:04 PM
got several extra cars and bikes but I can't get them to follow me to the dealership :)

Would still be nice to have an answer to my question - feels like I am watching one of them UFO shows on the History Channel - lots of subjective implications and no objective data

Rolex
12-10-08, 05:38 PM
Bumper to bumper implies that it's > a power train warranty. What's not covered are belts, brakes, hoses, etc. If you want a specific list it would be more productive to contact the dealer that's selling (or sold) you the vehicle.

Sorry my answer wasn't good enough for you your majesty :worship:

Blown & Injected
12-11-08, 04:43 PM
That's better! I'll let it go this time :) :)

Sorry for the noob questions, I figured this would be an easy one. Of course if I had not misplaced my owners manual I would probably have some info on the factory warrantee. At least I found the personalization CD.