: Low Idle at stop

jcmendo01
12-08-08, 05:37 PM
I notice that whenever I am approaching a stop, as I get to a complete stop, I feel my truck's idle dropping quite low, almost as if its going to die out on me. I just had my alternator replaced and battery tested, as well as my water pump replaced. Does anyone know what may be the cause of this and how I can fix this? So far, I cleaned my throttle body and that's about it. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Kev-o
12-09-08, 10:10 AM
Good question my 02 does the exact thing and it fires and stalls 1/10 times that the remote start fires it.

Ra0035
12-10-08, 10:06 AM
I'm having the same problem and did some searching on the forum and found that it is most likely the Throttle Bodies needs to be cleaned. I'm placing a link to the post with the directions to clean them.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips/66742-how-clean-throttle-body.html

Rolex
12-10-08, 01:53 PM
Good post. Dirty TBs are very often the cause of low idle and rough idle. It's an easy and inexpensive fix using a can or two of throttle body cleaner (NOT carb cleaner), a soft toothbrush, and a couple of old rags. It's a satisfying do-it-yourself project.