: possible scam

Donuts Kill
06-25-04, 12:27 AM
I posted a set of rims for sale and got this reply reciently...its a scam..
here is the email he sent me.

To:jstaklown@yahoo.comSubject:A message about your ad on Cadillac ForumsFrom:theoryramy@yahoomail.comDate:Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:24:10 -0400

Hi.
How are you today, i have found your item for sale as my favouritechoice, i will like to know the item name mentioned above is stillavailable for sale ? please get back to me with the information onyour item and the bottem price for sale.Looking forward to hear from you soon.Theory Ramy............

so I shoot this guy a quick reply and and then i recieve this reply

Date:Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:08:26 -0700 (PDT)From:"theory ramy" <theoryramy@yahoo.com>Subject:Payment And Shipping Arrangement........To:"frank" jstaklown@yahoo.com

Hi frank, Good day, please let me know if this is the bottom price
for the rims is $1500 ? Well i am okay with it, if this is the
last offer you can go for, but i wanted to check a guy from utah
to get me one more cheaper. But i am turning to accept your offer
since is still like new, so please keep it for me and tell any
other person is sold and also send me your full name and address
i can ask my client presently in the state to issued out a cashier
check of $4,500 sounded above the market price , but please i want
you to do me a favour. Upon receipting of the check i want you to
help me cashed the check at any check cashing station around you
or a bank and return the exceeded funds to my shipping agent that
will come for the pickup himself after his paid . I think that is
more favourable and unoccupied, instead of stressing you on the
shipping and crating etc, but my shipper will take care of that
for me as usually . I will be glad if i can count on you with
the rest funds which you are just requested to send it through
westernunion to my shipping agent. And note all westernunion
charges will be deducted from my balance okay.

Thanks
Have a nice Day..
Theory Ramy..................

So i guess im not going to sell this guy my rims considering that this a scam or a fake check and trying to get me to cash it for him...
and if this a legit person on here give me more info .:)

frank

Spock
06-25-04, 03:48 AM
At least he's not an African Prince with loads of money he wants to send you while giving you the secrets for great sex!

T_Dogg8
06-25-04, 09:33 AM
yeah.....that doesn't sound right. something strange is up with that.

Msilva954
06-25-04, 09:53 AM
Maybe it is an African Prince looking to give you a load of money and the secrete to great sex......only for the low cost of 4 Cadillac Rims.

caddydaddy
06-25-04, 10:04 AM
Yep! That's definetely a scam! When they start offering you money for favors or "favours", then you know somethings not right!
I've seen this scam a lot with people listing cars for sale online, and the scammers, mostly from Africa send fake money orders or cashiers checks for more than the car sold. They then request the seller to send them the balance back. In the meantime the seller also sends them the car! But the seller doesn't know the check is fake and the end up losing the car that is now in Africa, and the cash they send back to the person!
But if they do send you a check, there's not much the FBI can do since they are not in the US. I guess the only thing you can do it wait two or three weeks for it to clear, then send your goods!

Elvis
06-25-04, 10:26 AM
I thought that the scam was usually to get your bank account numbers and then bleed you dry after the transaction takes place?

Sandy
06-25-04, 10:36 AM
It was on TV in the New York area. It's DEFINATELY A BIG SCAM ! The check he send you is no good, but it takes like a week to find that out, meanwhile the check is ALWAYS more than you asked for, and you send back the differance & give the car to his pick up crew (or parts, or whatever). By the time it's discovered, you've given up the car, and paid HIM! You're then arrested for forgory of passing a bad document.

Forget the internet, put a simple advertisment in the paper.

Raze
06-25-04, 11:02 AM
Wow, this has got to be one of the funniest scams out there. I have never heard of something like this, I mean are people really going to just take a check, not wait for it to clear and send out the product + cash? I mean wow that email reads like it went through a POS online translator. Cool you put that up, cause I've never seen/heard of this and you've done me and i'm sure some other people who aren't posting a service.

daacon
06-25-04, 11:16 AM
Yep scam scam scam .......could post a reply suggestion he send $4500.00 cash to which you will send kim a check for $5500.00 which he can then .........

It if looks like a duck , walks like a duck then it is duck ......sad thing is , obvioulsy it catches some pepole .....

T_Dogg8
06-25-04, 11:29 AM
if it's too good to be true......it probably is.

tru504187211
06-25-04, 02:01 PM
Remember one more thing..."FREE FREE FREE" is NEVER free, especially on the net.

rabid
06-27-04, 02:52 AM
Tell him if he sends cash you will cut the price in half!! :)