: How does it feel to drive the beast?

Kidhummer
12-08-08, 02:33 PM
Since some of you have already accepted delivery of the vehicle and had some time to drive it and experience it can you share that experience.

Specifically:

1. How does the acceleration feel?

2. Does it feel a lot faster then the V1?

3. Did anyone try to run you yet? results?

4. Do you get a lot of looks?

5. Anything else you would like to share?

I know there are a lot of threads that are similar but I havn't seen anyone truly express how fast the car is compared to the V1. I have driven AMG's such as the G55, S63 and SL55. Just curious if it feels like that or does it feel faster?

Short-Throw
12-08-08, 02:54 PM
Since some of you have already accepted delivery of the vehicle and had some time to drive it and experience it can you share that experience.

Specifically:

Like being shot out of a cannon. (Wait how the heck would I know that?)

It is night and day!

It's winter here. I only race on the track. I have done a few hard pulls and triple digits comes up faster than you can lift off the pedal.

The car is turning a lot of heads. I think people are trying to figure out if it is in fact the New V.

Mike

mcerino
12-08-08, 03:46 PM
i've got mixed feelings

It is fast. I've also got a zr-1 so it's not that fast. It at best feels marginally faster at accelerating than c63.

Noisier than M5 and C63/E63s but that's a personal preference by driver.

It is definitely faster than version 1.

I've had the car up to 120 but that's it. Brakes are really impressive....

Car's nice but still tight in the back if you want 4 people. (as my wife would say, this one's a goner when coupe comes out)

I have to say that compared to vette i don't get all that much road interest in the car but there is some.

caddiedrummer
12-08-08, 06:04 PM

Specifically:

very quick. feels much quicker off the line than my 06 M5, not as quick as my Vipers

never drove one, but much faster than my XLR-V (440HP)

no and I hope they don't at least not on the street

--can't tell. I think some are saying, "naw can't be the new V". My XLR-V was more radical and got looks. Vipers get big gawk factor due to low production. My Vettes got ignored which is nice in a way.

5. Anything else you would like to share?

--agree--great brakes, a nice interior about right for this price. Needs the damn HUD. Seems about as solid as my M5 but I will report back after 10K miles.

I know there are a lot of threads that are similar but I havn't seen anyone truly express how fast the car is compared to the V1. I have driven AMG's such as the G55, S63 and SL55. Just curious if it feels like that or does it feel faster?

I have owned lots of fun cars. As far as sedans go I would put this towards the top.

Luna.
12-08-08, 10:00 PM
I'm very interested in seeing what a stock dyno run looks like. I'm willing to bet it's very similar to my current maggied V, but I want to see it.

I would have loved to run side-by-side and see how the new one pulls in relation to my car, but I've started the process of yanking the maggie off my V1... :ill:

mole177
12-09-08, 02:44 AM
i've got mixed feelings

It is fast. I've also got a zr-1 so it's not that fast.

gee-whiz... you need a personal assistant? haha