: Tons of auto parts, what are they for?

Destroyer
12-07-08, 11:39 PM
I have in my possession a huge lot of auto parts. Ford, Buick, Hyundai, Toyota, etc. I want to sell them on Ebay or whatever but even though I have the part numbers, I don't know what they are for. Is there a website anywhere that I can punch in a part number and it would tell me A. What the part is...and B. What its for?. What a PITA!.

RedGalant2k1
12-07-08, 11:48 PM
I'd put the part numbers in google, you're pretty likely to come up with a number of proper applications for your parts.

Night Wolf
12-08-08, 04:15 AM
write them all down, go to Advance Auto and you can do the part number interchange thing..... it would go alot faster if you knew the system and could do it yourself but either way.... may work for some of the stuff.

Spyder
12-08-08, 10:07 AM
Night Wolf...you like to piss off the counter guy, dontcha? :)

96Fleetwood
12-08-08, 10:20 AM
www.rockauto.com (http://www.rockauto.com)

you can search by part number there.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-08-08, 10:45 AM

I know a guy who does it all the time. The manager at the local AutoZone is seriously stupid as hell and this guy walks in, goes to the computer and finds the part then just goes back and gets it himself.

RightTurn
12-08-08, 12:34 PM
I have in my possession a huge lot of auto parts. Ford, Buick, Hyundai, Toyota, etc.

:suspect:

dkozloski
12-08-08, 02:49 PM
My nephew manages the second most profitable NAPA store in the world and has about a dozen employees that all they do is research. There are about thirty stores in his district and his store does as much business as all the other stores combined. The last time I heard they were turning about $44,000/day.

Destroyer
12-08-08, 06:07 PM
write them all down, go to Advance Auto and you can do the part number interchange thing..... it would go alot faster if you knew the system and could do it yourself but either way.... may work for some of the stuff.I would but we are talking about several hundred parts. All bagged or in boxes. The bigger stuff is no prob (lights, grilles, etc). It's the smaller stuff (gaskets, seals, molding pieces, etc) thats aggravating because while you can google each part number, places that sell the same part come up and the cost comes up but what car it's for does not. I'm doing this as a favor for an old timer that has this stuff but it's too much of a PITA.

Night Wolf
12-08-08, 06:57 PM

heh... nah...

I used to work with the company for about a year while I went to tech school.... I still remember the system much better then many current employees know how to work it.... I always look my own stuff up, check part numbers, see whats in stock in the distric, how long it'll take to order etc...

The 20% off everything was cool... but my paychecks would always be recycled.... pretty much why everything on the Isuzu that is normally replaceable from an auto parts store, has already been replaced.

Destroyer
12-08-08, 08:41 PM
www.rockauto.com (http://www.rockauto.com)

you can search by part number there.Tried it, didn't work. I was hoping to find a site where I could punch up the part number and it would give a description of what the part was and what vehicle it was made for.

dkozloski
12-09-08, 10:30 PM
Why not put them all together and build your own car like Johnny Cash's car built a piece at a time?

Destroyer
12-10-08, 08:01 AM
Why not put them all together and build your own car like Johnny Cash's car built a piece at a time?I'll get to work on that right away. :cool2: