: Modifications?

Cub Cadet
12-07-08, 10:55 PM
What types of modifications are there for these? I am assuming that cold air intake, blower pulley swap and a tune would be the first things? Can this motor support a bit more boost in stock form? I have seen that this motor won't accept any more power without blowing up... is that right?
I have a 2002 f150 Lightning, and the best thing from stock was the above modifications. Doing just that made a 12.20 truck at 5,000lbs!
If I could safely increase the boost, I am all over this car. 556hp is quite enough, but someday, I would want more.

thebigjimsho
12-08-08, 11:11 AM
Open diff...

3vSCw33FLYM

Dr. Design
12-08-08, 02:43 PM
Hello,
Like any car it should respond well to those modifications you have mentioned. The internals are the question mark right now, but we plan to find out where the limit is exactly. Also we are already working on some of the mods that you have mentioned for the 09MYCTSV. We hope to have some stuff out soon!!

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

What types of modifications are there for these? I am assuming that cold air intake, blower pulley swap and a tune would be the first things? Can this motor support a bit more boost in stock form? I have seen that this motor won't accept any more power without blowing up... is that right?
I have a 2002 f150 Lightning, and the best thing from stock was the above modifications. Doing just that made a 12.20 truck at 5,000lbs!
If I could safely increase the boost, I am all over this car. 556hp is quite enough, but someday, I would want more.

thebigjimsho
12-08-08, 04:26 PM
...09MYCTSV...You could just type V2 or '09V. Everytime you type 09MYCTSV I think you're saying "my CTS-V" like you're bragging or something...

Dr. Design
12-08-08, 04:54 PM
Nope, no bragging as I dont have one. That is actually the term we use when communicating with some of our contacts at Cadillac. 2009 Model Year CTSV = 09MYCTSV

Bad habit I guess...

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

You could just type V2 or '09V. Everytime you type 09MYCTSV I think you're saying "my CTS-V" like you're bragging or something...

LV_V
12-08-08, 07:39 PM
You could just type V2 or '09V. Everytime you type 09MYCTSV I think you're saying "my CTS-V" like you're bragging or something...
haha me too!

Dr. Design, I like where you and your company are headed with the "09MYCTSV". Please show us bolt-on 700HP!

thebigjimsho
12-08-08, 09:48 PM
Nope, no bragging as I dont have one. That is actually the term we use when communicating with some of our contacts at Cadillac. 2009 Model Year CTSV = 09MYCTSV

Bad habit I guess...

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 CadillacJust funny, tis all...

Luna.
12-08-08, 10:12 PM
Hello,
Like any car it should respond well to those modifications you have mentioned. The internals are the question mark right now, but we plan to find out where the limit is exactly. Also we are already working on some of the mods that you have mentioned for the 09MYCTSV. We hope to have some stuff out soon!!

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Very, VERY interested to read what you find out.

GTPprix
12-09-08, 12:21 PM
We've had tuning support before the cars were even out so if anyone in Michigan wants to find out what these things are REALLY capable of drop me a line ;)

Cub Cadet
12-09-08, 12:53 PM
I am glad to see you joined this messageboard!! I should have thought to contact you guys at Vector first! For everyone on this forum, these guys at Vector are top notch!! They tuned my Trailblazer SS on a Saturday morning before they headed to the airport for a trip. I was completely satisfied with them and trust them.

So what are your thoughts on this engine taking anymore boost or power with the stock internals? Like I said, I was hoping to increase boost, add a cold air kit and then tune it. I know the blower is smaller than that of the ZR1, and I think it is also smaller than what I have on my 2002 Lightning.

GTPprix
12-09-08, 01:49 PM
I'm not with Vector, hence the signature ;)

Cub Cadet
12-09-08, 07:17 PM
Chris - i can't send you a PM yet since I am new here. Sorry for the mix up. I can't wait to see what you have for these.

rand49er
12-09-08, 09:54 PM
If I could safely increase the boost, I am all over this car. 556hp is quite enough, but someday, I would want more.I was told (by people who tested the motor on an engine dyno on contract to GM prior to release) that 700+ is VERY attainable. I took it to mean tweaking boost, A/F, timing ... in other words, standard stuff.

I can only imagine what such a beast would be capable of. :eek:

Dr. Design
12-09-08, 11:17 PM
If we could just get our production car in here!!! :banghead:

This vehicle is dripping with potential. A good ECU tune/reflash would net some nice gains. We have already done some testing but need to validate on a production vehicle. We are also working on a plug and play unit (something that is very popular with our STSV & XLRV owners). The later mod is VERY dealership friendly, and the reflash, well I think we all know what we are getting into when we do that. But we will have both options available....

Keep in mind making the HP is easy. How long you can keep it at that level is the real question. We have already begun looking and increasing the thermal efficiency of the vehicles cooling & intercooler system. This way you can have big power for much longer periods of time vs. quick little bursts. We have a lot of test data procured from the STSV and XLRV. A lot of this has carried over to the new CTSV. It uses basically the same intercooler system less the single brick intercooler core. The intercooler pump, heat exchanger, and line routing are pretty much identical to the STSV. Needless to say we already have those items covered.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I was told (by people who tested the motor on an engine dyno on contract to GM prior to release) that 700+ is VERY attainable. I took it to mean tweaking boost, A/F, timing ... in other words, standard stuff.

I can only imagine what such a beast would be capable of. :eek:

Razorecko
12-10-08, 12:26 PM
the question will be how much abuse will the auto trans be able to take. I think since its not an available option on the ZR-1 than it must be pretty close to its hp/tq limit on the stock cts-v.

GTPprix
12-10-08, 01:36 PM
the question will be how much abuse will the auto trans be able to take. I think since its not an available option on the ZR-1 than it must be pretty close to its hp/tq limit on the stock cts-v.

If tuned properly quite a bit (IE dont remove TM), an ECM tune alone on these cars is good for ~50RWHP ;) (at least on preproduction cars).