: Park tilt mirror option, does your V2 have it?

dysert
12-07-08, 06:35 PM
Took delivery of my V2 this weekend. In looking at the manual they list the option to turn on the Park tilt outside mirror option via the vehicle customization functions. Mine does not appear to have the option. I hope this is just some kind of glitch. I can't believe they would put this on the other CTS vehicles and not the V2. Anyone else have this option?

TheGeeman
12-07-08, 07:23 PM
Mine does not have that option either. I hoping it can just a programming glitch and added with an upgrade flash.

I took delivery of mine last week in SW MO and am just loving it.

G.

OzarksHillbilly
12-07-08, 08:50 PM
TheGeeman -- If you don't mind my asking, which dealer in SW MO is taking delivery of V2's?

Short-Throw
12-08-08, 12:47 AM
Anyone else have this option?

If you look on page 3-72 of the OM (as it seems you did), it tells you how to customize this option. This option is supposed to come with all memory packages. The option should come up on the DIC between option selections Chime On and Easy Recall. It does not appear on my car either.

I'm not sure if this is an oversight or something that is only available on the base CTS. I would highly doubt that.

I will look into this and get an answer for all of us.

Mike

Radguy
12-08-08, 07:13 AM
My '09 CTS DI AWD doesn't seem to have this function either.

Jonathan

Uncle Meat
12-08-08, 07:21 AM
For those of us not in the know... What exactly is this "Park Tilt Mirror" option?

U.M.

TheGeeman
12-08-08, 08:09 AM
TheGeeman -- If you don't mind my asking, which dealer in SW MO is taking delivery of V2's?

I got it from Thompson Cadillac in Springfield. The salesman said they have a red one being built.

The tilt option is when the side mirrors tilt down while backing.

Uncle Meat
12-08-08, 09:00 AM
The tilt option is when the side mirrors tilt down while backing.I had a feeling that's what it was. Thanks for validating this.

U.M.

Short-Throw
12-08-08, 12:06 PM
I will look into this and get an answer for all of us.

Mike

Okay gang,

Here's the story:

For better or worse, there were simply too many complaints from owners being confused with too may choices on the various settings. Both the CTS and CTS-V have had the programmable options simplified. There used to be a menu to enter in the DIC called Advanced Features. It was from this menu that the tilt mirror option was accessible.

This is not an oversight or something that can be re-flashed. It no longer exists.

This changes was made sometime in early October on all models. The owners manuals that we have in these first delivered cars are from the remaining batch of earlier 2009 models. Shortly, the new manuals will not include the tilt info that we currently see now.

Mike

Ronster
12-08-08, 12:17 PM
This is interesting. does it mean that all settings in the Advanced portion of the DIC menus are gone?
according to the manual this includes keyless locking and unlocking settings and memory seat - easy exit setup.
or did some things get moved to the entry level menu.
rg

Short-Throw
12-08-08, 12:27 PM
This is interesting. does it mean that all settings in the Advanced portion of the DIC menus are gone?
according to the manual this includes keyless locking and unlocking settings and memory seat - easy exit setup.
or did some things get moved to the entry level menu.
rg

Ronster,

It's just the actual Advanced Features folder itself that's gone.

Most of the features themselves have not been removed, just relocated in the main menu.

Mike

Ronster
12-08-08, 12:33 PM
Ronster,

It's just the actual Advanced Features folder itself that's gone.

Most of the features themselves have not been removed, just relocated in the main menu.

Mike

thanks for clarification. is there a new manual out that describes what is still available? just curious.

TheGeeman
12-08-08, 02:00 PM
The keyless functions and exit functions are there. It appears most of the advanced features were moved to basic functions. I don't know why the mirror-tilt function did not.

G.

Short-Throw
12-08-08, 02:14 PM
I don't know why the mirror-tilt function did not.

G.

The majority of owners surveyed did not care for it.

thebigjimsho
12-08-08, 03:29 PM
Sunuvabitch! That option was crucial for getting as close to the passenger side curb as possible while backing up in an end spot. The dumbing down of America continues...:thepan:

Ronster
12-08-08, 03:45 PM
just have to do it the ol' fashion way - tilt the mirror down using the control button as you back up.
as far as I'm concerned the auto tilt goes too low and is not real useful.
rg

thebigjimsho
12-08-08, 03:48 PM
just have to do it the ol' fashion way - tilt the mirror down using the control button as you back up.
as far as I'm concerned the auto tilt goes too low and is not real useful.
rgSays you, Mr. Curbrunner. Cadillac made it customizeable for a purpose...

dysert
12-08-08, 03:51 PM
Of all things to delete from the options.:banghead: In the spirit of simplification, they could have gotten rid of the easy exit options. I guess I will reprogram memory button 2 with the passenger outside mirror tilted in the down position and eveything else the same. Thanks for the clarification.

CadiJ
12-08-08, 07:06 PM

To me this makes no sense? Why remove a feature when it can simply be turned "off" if you don't care for it? Seems really simple minded... Coming from BMW I have never had a car that didn't have this feature and now I am PISSED OFF!!!:rant2:

tedcmiller
12-08-08, 07:44 PM
My 2005 CTS-V has this optiion. I tried it for a while but did not like it. I turned it off. I will not miss it on my 2009 CTS-V.

CIWS
12-09-08, 08:37 AM
It's selectable for the driver or passenger side mirror on the STS-V and I use it all the time. Makes backing into a space much faster and the vehicle ends up centered.

Using the #2 memory program isn't a bad idea in this case if it's desired. :thumbsup:

This always makes me wonder who it is they "survey" for these things. Usually I don't agree with it the decision.

Short-Throw
12-09-08, 09:56 AM
This always makes me wonder who it is they "survey" for these things. Usually I don't agree with it the decision.

I think most people on the car forums are true car people and would vote for most performance upgrades and amenities. Although most of us would probably vote the same way and want everything, we 'car people' are also a number that is statistically insignificant compared to the entire ownership sample size.

It's funny, forum member dysert would vote for the easy exit recall to be deleted in exchange for the tilt mirror. I would actually prefer to leave it the way it is, had a choice be required. I would of course prefer to see all of it available. Going through the set-ups may take some initial time but once they're done, it's well worth it.

thebigjimsho
12-09-08, 01:36 PM
Was there a second motor in the mirror that I wasn't privy to? I don't see how it makes any difference except that some morons thought it was dumb because they don't care enough about where, or how, to park...

Albertan
12-09-08, 06:31 PM
I never use it since I back into many parking stalls and back out of a tandem garage. I like to be able to see what is beside the car when I'm backing.
Of course for me it is a moot point since I won't be seeing a V2 in my garage for a long while. I do think it was kind of silly to drop it since it was easy to shut off.

cjwolverine
12-28-08, 08:53 AM
Was there a second motor in the mirror that I wasn't privy to? I don't see how it makes any difference except that some morons thought it was dumb because they don't care enough about where, or how, to park...

I agree (which I rarely do with bigjimsho). If there isn't another part or motor to delete, how does it help save money? And as another poster said, If you didn't like it, you could chose to turn it off so we all win. Deleting it completely, just pisses everyone off who actually uses the feature. Like me.

And please Cadillac get it right. If you advertise it, make it happen. If you delete it, spend the extra $2 and get the damned owners manual reprinted!

Details, details! this is how you fall behind the rest of the world.

randian
12-28-08, 01:50 PM
This always makes me wonder who it is they "survey" for these things.
The same people who say that a car isn't a proper Pontiac without fake hood scoops, "nostrils" in front, and ugly plastic body cladding (that's why the otherwise hot Pontiac G8 looks so dorky compared to the Holden original). The G8's predecessor from a couple of years ago didn't have those "features" and people complained.

thebigjimsho
12-28-08, 10:59 PM
I agree (which I rarely do with bigjimsho). If there isn't another part or motor to delete, how does it help save money? And as another poster said, If you didn't like it, you could chose to turn it off so we all win. Deleting it completely, just pisses everyone off who actually uses the feature. Like me.

And please Cadillac get it right. If you advertise it, make it happen. If you delete it, spend the extra $2 and get the damned owners manual reprinted!

Details, details! this is how you fall behind the rest of the world.
See, I knew you weren't totally out of it...:bouncy:

cjwolverine
12-29-08, 06:40 PM
See, I knew you weren't totally out of it...:bouncy:

Oh i'm out of it. Just not totally out of it.

InLoveWithThe09
01-14-09, 03:50 PM
I just tried your advice lol. . .it does work but the only problem is the car has to be in park everytime before you can change the seating preference so it's kind of a no go. You may be better suited to just tilt the mirrors manually, but then you come to the problem of always having to reset them. So it's kind of a either or. I just wish they would have never deleted the option in the first place but oh well.:hmm: