: Heated seats (front) driving me nuts!

Cirefly
12-07-08, 02:56 AM
Sometimes i turn them on and they stay on. Sometimes they stay on for 30 seconds, you can feel the seat getting warm and then they turn off. It seems that if the car as at operating temp and the cabin is warm they wont stay on.

For example. I get in the car in the morning when it's freezing and they work great, warm my ass right up. I drive to the grocery store and the whole drive they work just fine. I get out, go shopping, and then get back in the car. Now they wont stay on for more than 20-30 seconds. I feel it's got to have something to do with the cabin temp but I can't figure it out. The rear ones stay on no matter what (it appears). Maybe something weird with the pressure sensor on the seats (connected to passenger airbag, etc.)?

I'm dying to figure out WTF is going on here...any ideas? Anyone else suffering from this?

Thanks guys!

Kate Spade
12-14-08, 11:53 PM
I am suffering from the same problem but mine rarely stays on at all. Another weird thing is my passenger side works fine but if you hit the driver side it turns the passenger side off:confused: My guess is a short or its just buggy as hell:rant2: Very frustrating because it is getting very cold here!!

Cirefly
12-15-08, 10:21 AM
I am suffering from the same problem but mine rarely stays on at all. Another weird thing is my passenger side works fine but if you hit the driver side it turns the passenger side off:confused: My guess is a short or its just buggy as hell:rant2: Very frustrating because it is getting very cold here!!

It's about 5 degrees in Spokane, WA right now - so yeah, I feel ya.

With mine it's almost like there's a problem with a sensor as they warm up. I keep having to push the button and turn it on but when it finally warms up after it uses my button mashing as a crutch it seems to stay on. Yesterday I only had one problem, the day before that I could barely get them to work.

Possibly a relay? I don't have any idea how these work, if anyone has a clue as to what could be starting to fail that would be great. I'm about to shotgun-repair these because it's too damn cold to be fighting them.

mobi
12-24-08, 10:24 PM
I got the same problem with mine.(Still under warranty)Last year my foot pedals(pedals up and down) did not work so they change the switch .Last month my heated seats did not work so I got the car in the shop.Diagnostic:the foot pedal switch is related to heated seats so they have to change again the pedal switch and the seats switch.:hmm: