: Sub amp install ????

shore
12-06-08, 01:58 PM
I'll be putting my 81000D in a few days and need to know where you guys are getting your LOC wired into.Mine is an 05 Escy with NAV.I have a PXAMG and PGHGM5 harness coming for my Ipod touch bnut not sure if it has a sub out built-in.

What wires are you picking up on behind the NAV or is it just easier to get another dang harness?

I'm fairly certain my year does not have the sub wires in the rear driver side area as they did away with that in the earlier years.That would be nice though.

Any guidance would be great.:thumbsup:

shore
12-07-08, 07:20 PM
Still looking for specifics.

luxurylife33
12-08-08, 01:40 PM
just use a HI-LO converter of any speaker and the REM of any switch ignition wire

shore
12-09-08, 12:18 PM
If I can get to the sub wires under the console what wires do I need to tap into?What about the amp remote while under there?

luxurylife33
12-09-08, 05:10 PM
I dont know if you have an EXT or just the regular Escalade, but I know the EXT's have the subs under the console. I would just tap into the wires that go directly to the subwoofers.... take the left and the right channel and hook it up to a Hi-Lo converter. The REM (remote) wire, usually blue, can be hooked up to any switched ignition wire (positive when the ignition is turned on) .... The REM wire doesn't draw alot of power, so it is not necessary to hook up a relay. I would just hook that wire up underneath the steering wheel right on the pink ignition wire.

Hope that made sense. I was thinking of doing this myself, maybe i'll do a write up in the near future.

luxurylife33
12-09-08, 05:20 PM
although i dont think its necessary, this is how you may want to wire your REM :
http://www.the12volt.com/12voltimages/addremacc.gif

shore
12-09-08, 05:44 PM
I've had the console lid off but the sub and wires are hidden to me.I don't want to pull the whole console for two wires if they are able to be tapped with it still in place.

I need to know what two wires they are.

Switched remote wire also.

Then again, it is only $140 to have it installed with a 1/0ga kit for the amp.The friggin 1/0ga kits are $90 so maybe let them fool with it.I've done this stuff in every car and always end up dreading it.

ItsAdam1
12-11-08, 01:13 AM
This how I did mine. I just used a regular line converter and hooked it up to the sub amp under the cup holders in the center console.. Then I used a switched 12 volt source from the fuse box for the remote turn on wire...
http://www.installer.com/diag/gm_soundgate.jpg

shore
12-11-08, 11:20 AM
I was told the sub amp is in the glove box?Where exactly is that 8pin harness?

Do you remember which wire at the fuse box?

shore
12-11-08, 11:34 AM
I see a metal box behind the glove box door but the wire colors do not match up to the diagram.I also took the center console/cupholder out and none of those are anything remotely close to a 8-pin harness.

Maybe I am missing something?

ItsAdam1
12-11-08, 03:05 PM
Its not in the glove box its under the cup holders in the center console.....

KentH
12-11-08, 04:52 PM
Connectors for the amp are under the storage compartment in the console near the very back of the console.

shore
12-11-08, 05:33 PM
I didn't look there...doh!

shore
12-12-08, 10:31 AM
Just making sure thes two pairs of wires are the OUTPUT of the stock amp and not the input.
In this pic of under the console there are two twisted pairs of wires on the screwdriver tip.The are the only twisted together ones in there.They are the right colors.Dk Grn+Lt Blu/blk and Lt Grn/blk+ Dk blu/wht.Paired in that order.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa42/shoresls1/gixsable012.jpg

shore
12-12-08, 10:57 AM
1..Any good tips on locations for the main amp power wire to run through?I have to run a min of 2ga but will probably be a 1/0ga.

2..Where was a good spot for the amp?....my last one was unde the 2nd row driver side.I used the seat bolt for the ground.

Anyone find a good switched lead under the console for the remote?...seems like a good spot for a switched lead as the stock amp needs it also.

shore
12-12-08, 10:57 AM
Nevermind the thick black wire as that is my Ipod touch cable for the center console.

shore
12-14-08, 09:56 PM
ttt for answers