: Bought A Northstar Powered Cadillac

ted tcb
12-05-08, 09:25 PM
Well, sort of.
I could've titled this, my best buy of the recession.

The car is actually for my stepdad ... but I found it, negotiated the deal, and bought it.
My stepdad used to own a Cadillac dealership in the bad old days ... 1975-85. He gets a new Deville every 2 years, but recently has lost most of his fortune ... his family trucking business failed, and at the age of 81, he's not likely to start over.
His current car is a 2005 Deville, base car, white, 178,000 klms.

I had a customer in my store the other day. His dad died in the spring, and his 2004 Deville has been in his garage ever since. I went over, saw the car, and was amazed.
Its a base car, white over blue leather. Not a mark on it, sleeping under a custom cover in the garage. 33,000 klm or 20,000 miles.
Basically, he wanted to turn the car into some cash for his mother.
He wanted $12,500, which is a good deal.
I offered $11k ... he called me today and accepted ... I pick it up for my stepdad tomorrow.

Autotrader shows dealers trying to get over $20k for 2004's with super low mileage ... and the lowest miler for sale was over 50,000klms.

I have no worries about the mileage ... this is a small city, and the seller has been my work neighbour for 14 years. I ran CarProof, and everything checks out.

I'm still amazed that I grabbed an almost new Deville for $11k .... more important, it puts my stepdad into what will be his last, virtually new Cadillac for very little money.

I'll post pics when I can.

orconn
12-05-08, 10:26 PM
Congratulations on your good fortune! Sounds like a great buy and a sound transportation investment for your step-dad. Hope it all goes well.

RightTurn
12-05-08, 10:59 PM
Excellent! :thumbsup:

eyekandyboats.inc
12-05-08, 11:10 PM
DUDE thats great! nice job Ted.

Jesda
12-06-08, 08:51 AM
The best way to buy a pain-in-the-rear looker of a car is to get a smoking deal. Nice score!

billc83
12-06-08, 10:36 AM
Congratulations. Sounds like a fantastic deal on a fantastic car.

Spyder
12-06-08, 03:00 PM
I'm jealous. I'll be looking for a new caddy soon...