: CTS V Seats Heated and Cooled?

Stangar
12-05-08, 12:43 PM
I noticed what looks like ventilation holes on the seats? Do both the standard and optional seats have heating and cooling? Thank you.

Cadillac Tony
12-05-08, 12:46 PM
Heated standard, heating and cooling on the Recaros.

thebigjimsho
12-05-08, 01:29 PM
The Hyundai Genesis has heated and cooled seats.

Just figured I'd take over for Sal for a bit...

CIWS
12-05-08, 01:32 PM
The Hyundai Genesis has heated and cooled seats.

Just figured I'd take over for Sal for a bit...

Damn, and they're able to do that with 180 less horsepower too. :eek:

Stangar
12-05-08, 02:18 PM
Heated standard, heating and cooling on the Recaros.

Thanks for the reply. Too good to be true.

Lexus IS F doesn't have them.
MBenz C63 AMG doesn't, either.

Cadillac CTS V does!!

Those seats will be like riding on a cushion of cool air on a hot Summer day.

erp2863
12-05-08, 06:53 PM
I hope the cooling effect is similar to what the DTS had a few years ago and not like what the 2009 Acadia has. The DTS cooled seats worked so good you would turn them off after a while with the chills. Test drove an Acadia a month ago and you couldn't tell they were on.

gonzalezfj
12-05-08, 07:00 PM
Dem kooled seets work gud on my wyfe's regular 09 CTS. Expekt the Recaros will be juzt as gud.

Mi spellcheker is caputt. Sorri for any errrors.

Frank Gonzalez

CopperSunburstCTS
12-05-08, 09:08 PM
I hope the cooling effect is similar to what the DTS had a few years ago and not like what the 2009 Acadia has. The DTS cooled seats worked so good you would turn them off after a while with the chills. Test drove an Acadia a month ago and you couldn't tell they were on.

It won't be similar, the DTS actually has or had "true" air conditioned seats, they ducted air conditioned cooled air, not just ventilated air as all other seats from Caddy and other mfr's do. And you are right, I had a DTS rental and they really did cool you fast! The CTS ventilated seats work very good though compared to other mfr. The new Jag XF is horrible, you have to turn them on highest speed to feel anything remotely significant, and the noise is very loud at high speed.

CVP33
12-06-08, 01:17 AM
Cooled seats cause impotence.

Heated seats cause testicular cancer.

Heated and Cooled seats with velvety inserts cause anal warts.

I just thought you should know is all. :duck:

IRONDOG
12-06-08, 05:55 PM

Ignorant posts cause severe irritation!

thebigjimsho
12-06-08, 06:53 PM

Ignorant posts cause severe irritation!Ya know, Chris, if you were still a Supporting member I'd go off on this n00b for ya. But since you're not...

Stangar
12-07-08, 11:40 AM
Short-Throw, (and/or others who've taken delivery)

It's pretty chilly outside but I would like to know the effectiveness of the cooled seats.

Is it DOWNRIGHT AMAZING or is it BARELY NOTICED? Thanks!

Short-Throw
12-07-08, 09:21 PM
Short-Throw, (and/or others who've taken delivery)

It's pretty chilly outside but I would like to know the effectiveness of the cooled seats.

Is it DOWNRIGHT AMAZING or is it BARELY NOTICED? Thanks!

Stangar,

Although it is not the season for air conditioning, I did try out the cooled seat function in my garage. They work great but take a minute to get up to full speed. I had to turn it down after a few minutes so I wouldn't suffer the same fate (anatomy-wise) of walking out of a swimming pool. :D

Mike

thebigjimsho
12-08-08, 10:09 AM
Stangar,

Although it is not the season for air conditioning, I did try out the cooled seat function in my garage. They work great but take a minute to get up to full speed. I had to turn it down after a few minutes so I wouldn't suffer the same fate (anatomy-wise) of walking out of a swimming pool. :D

MikeGetting the seats wet? What?

Short-Throw
12-08-08, 10:45 AM
Getting the seats wet? What?

(anatomy-wise)

Mike

Think cold......the pool was just one example on how to shrivel something up! :o

thebigjimsho
12-08-08, 03:23 PM
Think cold......the pool was just one example on how to shrivel something up! :oYou underestimate my awful sense of humor...

Short-Throw
12-08-08, 03:55 PM
You underestimate my awful sense of humor...

Nah, just giving you the benefit of the doubt! I was looking for a grinning smiley from you, hence my pause.

CVP33
12-09-08, 11:22 PM
Ya know, Chris, if you were still a Supporting member I'd go off on this n00b for ya. But since you're not...

I wouldn't if I were you. Iron dog is code for something. Me thinks I struck a nerve.

thebigjimsho
12-10-08, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't if I were you. Iron dog is code for something. Me thinks I struck a nerve.True. Imagine if the code name were SteelPu55y?