: remote start 04?

rockryno
12-04-08, 08:16 PM
Id love to have my 04 ext remote start, but every where i look theyre in conjunction with alarms and keyless entry. Ive already got all that stuff from the factory.

What kits out there give you JUST remote start? Also, i dont want to have to carry around a second remote on my key chain. anyway to maybe upgrade to the new style remote with the remote start button on the 04?

dstinson
12-04-08, 11:11 PM
why not just let the remote start unlock doors and use that for the alarm? I did that, I was not about to carry 2 remotes either. I used to have a Yukon a while back though that had the remote start in the factory remote that unlocked the doors.

haullin
12-04-08, 11:42 PM
Did it through the dealer on my 05.. same factory remote you use to lock and unlock the doors.. you press lock/unlock/lock and it starts...

shore
12-05-08, 03:52 PM
Did it through the dealer on my 05.. same factory remote you use to lock and unlock the doors.. you press lock/unlock/lock and it starts...

Please get us some more information on this...This what I want to do.

haullin
12-05-08, 05:21 PM
I bought the caddy about 2 months ago (05) and had it installed by the dealer because it is still under warranty till 10/10... I don't know the brand or anything I'm at work and would have to look at the paper work... But I use original remote that came with the car and it operates the alarm and the auto start... I thought it was gonna be a seperate remote also... so much so that when I went to pick up the truck I thought they didn't install it... Just call Caddy and tell them you want remote start... Plus if they install it its covered by them ...

shore
12-06-08, 08:56 AM
That's the thing, I nor anyone here I have been told has any clue what system you are talking about.

That's why I ask....please find the name of it.

rockryno
12-06-08, 02:13 PM
thats weird. I spoke to my friend who workes for Chevy and he said there was no factory option for my 04. Ill ask some one else.

Ive seen the new Chevy remotes come with a start button. Wonder if the new remotes are compatable with the older escalades?

rockryno
12-06-08, 02:47 PM
also, how much did the dealer charge you for everything?

shore
12-06-08, 05:23 PM
I got a feeling we are not gonna get an answer.

haullin
12-06-08, 07:35 PM
The model is Audiovox AS-9075 remote start upgrade module (Allows starting of the vehicle from the factory keylees remote) I don't have a price because it was rolled into the price of the vehicle...

shore
12-06-08, 09:23 PM
sweet

rockryno
12-09-08, 01:37 PM
how long ago did you get that installed? Audiovox says that been discontinued

haullin
12-09-08, 10:45 PM
July... Maybe Caddy has them in stock...