: Got it--initial observations

caddiedrummer
12-04-08, 01:24 PM
Just drove from NVa to Richmond in the 09V (last individual post, I promise --pics will go in pic post Friday) Based on 100 or so miles:

--short throw was right . Exhaust note very good for factory exhaust. One of best I have ever heard. Better than my M5, XLR-V AND Vipers. May not go after market after all.

---plenty of torque. felt noticabley quicker than M5 from standing position . But going through gears did not see a lot of difference (but was babying it a bit)

--controls are well laid out and obvious particularly coming from using BMW IDrive

--fit/finish very good

--very quiet (with nice interior exhaust note) no rattles

--cashemere inserts look good (do not have Recaro)

--interior a bit heavy on plastic compared to M, but $25K cheaper. Actually the CTS-V has an amazing price for what you get

--stereo good--never been a big Bose fan

--about all I miss from M and XLR is heads up display (you really get used to that)

--love the Pilots --have them on Vipers and they feel and do well. Glad Caddy put a good tire on. The M Contis were awful

In conclusion, if you are on the fence, go for it. The V is a lot of bang for the buck. Shooting for pics Friday. With a black V and Viper in garage may need full time detailer. Thanks , guys particularly Tony and Dualcams

--

chris1268
12-04-08, 01:37 PM
Congrats!!!!

Florian
12-04-08, 01:39 PM
Merry Christmas!

F

The Tony Show
12-04-08, 01:50 PM
Congratulations. I need a few more caddiedrummer threads though, so how about a "My V is at the gas station" or "My V is in the garage" thread?

caddiedrummer
12-04-08, 02:25 PM
Congratulations. I need a few more caddiedrummer threads though, so how about a "My V is at the gas station" or "My V is in the garage" thread?

Or my V peed on my homework. Will do . Seriously, this one and pics on pic post is it.

BTW, there are a few unspoken for Vs soon to be in Nva. A couple at Lindsay maybe 1 or 2 at Moore.

Short-Throw
12-04-08, 02:31 PM
Just drove from NVa to Richmond in the 09V (last individual post, I promise --pics will go in pic post Friday) Based on 100 or so miles:

--short throw was right . Exhaust note very good for factory exhaust. One of best I have ever heard. Better than my M5, XLR-V AND Vipers. May not go after market after all.

---plenty of torque. felt noticabley quicker than M5 from standing position . But going through gears did not see a lot of difference (but was babying it a bit)

Congratulations!

As I am nearing 500 miles and the streets are cold and icy, i have really learned to enjoy all the nice amenities. Spend a few hours learning the voice commands, they add to the lazy factor! :histeric:

Prepare yourself for the first full throttle blast through the gears, you know it's going to be fast, yet it still surprises you! :sneaky:

Looking forward to the pics......aside from this thread throw them up in the sticky as well!

It will not be long before many V owners are contributing and helping us all learn more about this great car!

Mike

thebigjimsho
12-04-08, 03:19 PM
Wow, a caddiedrummer thread I like. Who knew? :bouncy:

caddiedrummer
12-04-08, 04:26 PM
Wow, a caddiedrummer thread I like. Who knew? :bouncy:

bigjinsho--Knew I could count on you. Thanks, I have actually enjoyed your good natured ribbing.:)

b4z
12-04-08, 04:38 PM
Congrats!

are you feeling torque management on each shift or are holding off running it at 100% until it is broken in?

tblack
12-04-08, 04:59 PM
Congratulations!!

I tip my hat to you especially because it is clear by your previous vehicles that you are a CAR GUY and not someone who has a bias to a specific manufacturer.

I am looking at going out of a 08 M3 to an 09 V, and if this car is good enough for you, it's good enough for me.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

SRT8/BMW
12-04-08, 05:31 PM
Congratulations!!! that makes me smile bigtime---one more V to look at soon.

I fell in love with it at the auto show, got to briefly drive one on the street (engineers car--posted about it) and loved it more--but then got to rip one around Monticello a couple of times, and thats where the car just BLOWS YOUR MIND-especially if your used to driving performance vehicles. Christmas can't get here soon enough--hoped for this week--but will now hope for next!!

Caddyscat
12-04-08, 07:47 PM
Right on Drummer!

Get some of dat on youtube so we can hear it too!

Looking forward to pictures!

MauiV
12-04-08, 08:08 PM
Congrats, anxiously awaiting the pics.

thebigjimsho
12-04-08, 09:06 PM
bigjinsho--Knew I could count on you. Thanks, I have actually enjoyed your good natured ribbing.:)
Good, I'm glad you take it as such. Congrats on the purchase!

CVP33
12-04-08, 10:21 PM
Time to add another forum member to my hate list. Jealousy is an awful thing. And yet my list is sooooo long.

caddiedrummer
12-04-08, 11:01 PM
Time to add another forum member to my hate list. Jealousy is an awful thing. And yet my list is sooooo long.

You guys are so passionate about Caddys and that is what I like. My friends think I am nuts to trade an M5 for a CTS-V but they don't get it. I loved the M but I feel better in American muscle.

I don't want to speak too soon, but I think Caddy and Bob Lutz (who I met in his Viper days) got it right this time. This car seems to be light years ahead of my XLR-V which had a $100K list. Caddy made the rigfht call not overreaching on price. My M loaded had a $98K MSRP and for all its whistles and bells is not a $30K plus better car than the V. (if better at all which I am coming to doubt)

I used to think the Vette was the best bang for the buck--I am not so sure now. At $60K plus (not cheap mind you) this is one helluva lot of car under your butt.

Bigron
12-04-08, 11:38 PM
Wait winter doesn't start till the 21st this year, why do you already have your car?

Congrats on the car. Enjoy it.

OldDrummer55
12-05-08, 01:24 AM
Awesome! Haven't seen any in Eastern WA yet, but perhaps in Seattle...

V-Love
12-06-08, 01:26 AM
Finally. Now, take 18 gallons of 100 octane and get her to the track to break her in. What do you think of the shifter placement or did you opt auto?
Congrats on your new ride you lucky bastard!

caddiedrummer
12-06-08, 09:03 AM
Finally. Now, take 18 gallons of 100 octane and get her to the track to break her in. What do you think of the shifter placement or did you opt auto?
Congrats on your new ride you lucky bastard!

Auto. I was coming out of an M5 with SMG but the auto part was clunky so I shifted. This will be a daily driver (coffee etc) so I went auto. If I get bored the paddles are there. (or hop in the Vipers) This car is plenty fun in auto. Thanks

thebigjimsho
02-03-10, 11:16 AM
As for as much hate the dual mass flywheel gets on the V'''''''s, I can fool passengers into thinking it's an auto by how masterfully I can shift. But slamming through the gears is still uber-fun...