: Just got to sit in a new Black CTS-V in Columbus Ohio - with pics.

vulcan33
12-03-08, 08:45 PM
In person this car is just amazing, I mean it took my breath away.
Piano black wood trim on the dash and door pocket trim with the subtle accent lighting was stunning. I have been driving a BMW 545i and the CTS-V interior makes it look like a faded wall flower. I was on the fence about the Recaro seats but after sitting in them and running the lumbar controls they are a must have signature option for this car. You can adjust the fit, snug or loose and man do they feel plush and very comfortable. Same goes for the polished wheels - diamond studs to go with the black tuxedo. I did not think another black car would be in my future but this one is shouting at me and it is now hands down, my first choice with gray at distant second. Yes, they had to pry my hands off that suede steering wheel.

Short-Throw
12-03-08, 08:54 PM
I think I can verify you speak the truth! :D

When are you bringing it home?

Mike

Mhaynes772
12-03-08, 10:19 PM
Any interior pictures...?

readyact
12-03-08, 10:31 PM
Wonder if the car will still be there this weekend? If so I'll ride up and check it out.

Tasos
12-05-08, 10:24 AM
I'd like to go n see it. Which dealer is it?

Tasos
12-05-08, 10:26 AM
Thanks. I just read the rear license plate!

JEM
12-05-08, 12:58 PM
Y'know, personally, I saw one at the SF Auto Show and appearance-wise it doesn't impress me.

The first-gen CTS was an awkward, ill-proportioned, slab-sided, badly-detailed thing; the big wheels and nicely cleaned-up V trim helped enormously.

The second-gen is kinda the other way 'round - the base CTS is a clean, sharp design maybe a little overtrimmed in spots, the V looks a bit lumpy and jagged by comparison.

It's kinda like, if you've got an eye for aviation history, the F-101 and its successor on the McDonnell drawing boards, the F-4 Phantom. Similar in size and layout, no question the F-4 was clearly the more capable aircraft but the F-101 was a lot prettier.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't buy one, but I'm not in love with the shape.

readyact
12-05-08, 05:11 PM
The car is at Germain Cadillac of Easton:

http://www.germaincadillac.net/HomePage

Direct link to the V:

http://www.germaincadillac.net/VehicleSearchResults?pageName=NewVehicleSearch&make=&model=CTS-V&search=new&bodyType=&trim=&priceSearch=0&minPrice=33000&maxPrice=82000&minYear=2007&maxYear=2009

I called this morning about the car and they have two in stock which are unspoken for. The black V is loaded with all of the options including the Recaros and they have a red one which only has a few options. Sales rep said they will only get 5 in a year. I was going to go see the cars tomorrow and possible buy the black one but my local dealer called me today and I finalized my sale with him and my black V should be here early next week.