: Coolant dripping from oil pan plug

catera00
12-03-08, 01:01 PM
I'm going through about a tank of coolant a month. I looked under the car and noticed that its driping from the oil pan drain plug which obviously means its comin from somewhere above. Is there a common place the Catera leaks coolant from in the back of the motor? There is no coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant. As a side note, maybe related, when I start the car after its been sitting for about 8 hours, it will tick for about 30 seconds as if the oil is low. Or similar to engine knock. But it goes away pretty quick. Any ideas of where to start lookin? Thanks

frank moran
12-03-08, 02:48 PM
first place to check is the heater control valve on the pass side close to the firewall.

catera00
12-03-08, 07:41 PM
I'll check it tonight.I had the system flushed about 9 months ago. Maybe theres a loose hose clamp or somethin. Thanks Frank.

catera00
12-11-08, 07:13 PM
well I was wrong. Its oil dripping from the oil pan drain plug. Thats from the leaky drivers side valve cover gasket I'm sure. But after taking a good look underneath the car it looks like the coolant is leaking from the radiator drain plug. Can the seal go bad on that thing or something? It dripping not streaming from there. And its on tight.