: Anyone else in sales?

"G$"
12-03-08, 11:10 AM
if so...

what type of sales are you in?
how's the economy treating you? :)

I'm in business to business storage software sales...my sales have taken a NOSEDIVE and my prospects are drying up. But this too shall pass! patience, perserverence, hardwork, should be the ticket! If I hear the word "spending freeze" one more time I'm going to pack my bags & move to aruba for a sabatical.

Coma
12-03-08, 11:39 AM
I'm in the Point of Sale software business and we mainly sell to garden centers. Right now, it sucks. People don't want to buy anything. They are "waiting to see what happens with the economy"...

97DevilleBeige
12-03-08, 11:42 AM
I'm in appliance/electronic retail sales. Ive been at it for a long time. Year over year down slightly, but not terrible. I feel like I've felt a lot worse.

"G$"
12-03-08, 12:16 PM
I'm in the Point of Sale software business and we mainly sell to garden centers. Right now, it sucks. People don't want to buy anything. They are "waiting to see what happens with the economy"...

POS software/hardware can big some pretty profitable stuff. My buddy sells that stuff and lands some pretty big deals once in a while.

Everyone is being overly cautious...it's crap!

Florian
12-03-08, 12:38 PM
sell robotics and automation to OEMs, business has NEVER been worse....

F

EcSTSatic
12-03-08, 02:44 PM
I'm on the other side of sales: IT vendor management. We have to keep telling software and hardware salespeople that we have no money right now. In fact much of our company is on a 3-day workweek to conserve cash. :thehand:

"G$"
12-03-08, 04:10 PM
I'm on the other side of sales: IT vendor management. We have to keep telling software and hardware salespeople that we have no money right now. In fact much of our company is on a 3-day workweek to conserve cash. :thehand:

Lol. they created a job to deal with & manage all of us annoying IT sales people! classic.

Sandy
12-03-08, 07:57 PM
I sold cars for 27 years, later opened my own used car lot. When i felt that I had enough abuse from customers, I finally retired. If I ever went back to sales, I would sell items that the price is not discounted. The buyer pays X amount and everyone pays the same price. 1 price for all ! Like selling men's clothing in a very upscale store, or jewelery in a upscale salon-type setting.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-04-08, 01:29 AM
I'm an hourly manager at Wally-World (I still can't believe they put me in charge of the store) and our sales are through the roof! Especially since it is the holidays. On an average weekend day (Sat or Sun) we are now grossing over $275,000 in sales in just one day. Also, our store is rather small. We are not a Super Wal-Mart and are only about 170,000 sq. ft.

MN-STS-LOVER
12-04-08, 06:35 PM
I'm in Real Estate. This spring I changed my business model and now only list Short Sales and Forclosures. Needless to say, business is booming!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-06-08, 01:20 AM
I'm in Real Estate. This spring I changed my business model and now only list Short Sales and Forclosures. Needless to say, business is booming!

Smart move. I laugh at all the people who bought tiny little eco-cars to save on gas and now its back down to where it was when I was 5 years old. I paid $1.61 for regular at BP today. Only cost me $28 to fill up my truck. :)

RedGalant2k1
12-06-08, 03:35 AM
Tires. Numbers are well up from last year. For good reason though, people aren't generally buying new cars. They keep the old ones, put tires on those and fix them to keep them running.