: Lease programs

4DOORVET
12-02-08, 11:09 PM
Sorry if I have been out of the loop but I received an e-mail from my dealer yesterday saying the GM wasn't leasing anything including Caddillacs at this time. He did also did say that another financial arm was going to do something and he would get back to me. Is this true and do you have any details on it?

Vrocks
12-02-08, 11:26 PM
GMAC leasing has dried up and will stay that way for the next few weeks. It sounds like your dealer has another source, like US Bank.

If you can wait about a month GMAC should have some $$$. Which should lower the rates and raise the residuals... US Bank is using its leverage right now to their advantage - no competition.

Krug Ford
12-03-08, 02:03 PM
right now US Bank is not doing a lease on a CTS-V.. I did one and the contract came back....

Even when I used the CTS with the rear wheel drive 1sb Resd.

b4z
12-04-08, 08:18 AM
Ideally you should lease a new Cadillac and buy a used one.
But that option has been taken away from us new car intenders.
Leasing sucks all over except for Infiniti.
Try leasing a BMW, they are expensive.
BMW is big into doing buys at .9% for 60 months then a ballon payment(or sell it) after that.
Buying is more favorable from a monthly payment by doing the balloon payment vs. leasing.
Caddy needs to think about this plan.(Smartbuy?)
Other option is to wait a few months till the prices come down or 0% is offered, then put at least $20K down.
Borrowing $40k for 60 months at 0% is only $666mo.
That's a deal.