: 1st Annual Northstar Meet

97EldoCoupe
12-02-08, 09:38 AM
Just a wild thought - who would all be interested in attending a Northstar meet somewhere in the central USA? I don't know if there's an event like this yet or not, but I think it would be awesome. Everyone from the forums could meet and show off their pride and joy N* cars, sip back a few beers and "chew the fat" with other members...

Depending on level of interest, it could be big.....

Of course, this could be sponsored as well by certain companies and probably Cadillac too, and I'd be happy to donate some $$ to get it planned.

A swap meet would be pretty cool, and some performance goodies could be showcased...

Anyone interested in helping me plan this or attending, shoot me an email - jwiebe@northstarperformance.com

I figure July or August next year would be good, I think St. Louis Missouri would be a good location, an even driving distance for many Cadillac owners. But this could be discussed.:stirpot:

STSj90
12-02-08, 03:36 PM
Id love it. We could also go to a track and run our N*'s! Would be a hell of a time i think. But thats an 11 hour drive and 700 miles for me.

Good idea! If it wont work out this way we could just have tri state N* meets.

eyekandyboats.inc
12-02-08, 06:31 PM
maybe we can car pool!
some of the people from Ontario who just want to go down and enjoy rather then bring there ride?
i would be down for that.

97EldoCoupe
12-02-08, 08:36 PM
Two Northstar meets: One here in Ontario Canada, and somewhere in a central US location. The location could be voted on. I know there are Northstar owners all across the USA. Lets have some American Northstar owner's opinions on this one: where would be a good place to host it?

I'll tell you if we have enough people signing the list of attendees, I'll be bringing a few things of interest for show purposes....shhhh! This could be the "SEMA" event for Cadillacs....

EyeKandy, I figure having one in Ontario the weekend before the one in the USA, or the weekend after. I think we'd have Canadians coming from coast to coast and hopefully lots of our American friends too!

-Show and Shine
-Live band
-Barbecue
-Swap Meet and Product Showcase (would be cool to get CHRFAB there too with all there performance goodies)
-Drag races at a nearby track if that works out
-Q&A with some of the original Cadillac/Northstar designers
-Have a local Caddy dealership showing off the new rides that Cadillac offers

I'll see what kind of strings I can pull but this depends on the level of interest from us Caddy owners.

97EldoCoupe
12-02-08, 08:45 PM
STSj90 I know it's a long ways but hell, everyone needs a vacation and a chance to get to know their beloved Northstar cars.....what better way than a 700 mile drive? :thumbsup: The location is still an open subject....opinions anyone?

eyekandyboats.inc
12-03-08, 12:47 AM
works for me.
i would be game for both US and CND... i love the drive... in a caddy of course

MN-STS-LOVER
12-03-08, 09:50 PM
Just a wild thought - who would all be interested in attending a Northstar meet somewhere in the central USA? I don't know if there's an event like this yet or not, but I think it would be awesome. Everyone from the forums could meet and show off their pride and joy N* cars, sip back a few beers and "chew the fat" with other members...

Of course, this could be sponsored as well by certain companies and probably Cadillac too, and I'd be happy to donate some $$ to get it planned.

A swap meet would be pretty cool, and some performance goodies could be showcased...

Anyone interested in helping me plan this or attending, shoot me an email - jwiebe@northstarperformance.com

I figure July or August next year would be good, I think St. Louis Missouri would be a good location, an even driving distance for many Cadillac owners. But this could be discussed.:stirpot:

I have done alot of fishing in Ontario so I am familiar with the drive and that would be great! As for a U.S. meet I would suggest Kansas City. You cant get much more centralized in the U.S. than that. You could have the meet at the Kansas Motor Speedway. What a great venue for a car meet. I know they hire out for events (what a picture that would make to have a hundred Caddy's running around the track) I'm sure there is a drag strip close as well for those that like to go in a straight line. Just a thought!

97EldoCoupe
12-03-08, 10:22 PM
Kansas City is a good central location, how many more would drive to Kansas for the best damn Caddy meet around?

Destroyer
12-04-08, 12:18 AM
I know there are Northstar owners all across the USA.
Yeah but they can't travel far distances and be away from their doctors all that time. How many Depend's would they need to pre pack?

ted tcb
12-04-08, 01:44 AM
I'd be up for the Ontario meet.

(I promise to park my Lexus at least one block away, though).

97EldoCoupe
12-04-08, 09:33 AM
Great Ted! I'll put you on the list as well!

Destroyer, I made a 1300 mile trip through the states with my '98 STS and had no problems. I didn't do the case seals either on that car, so what if the pan's a little wet- as long as it doesn't drip. A cop in Wisconsin pulled me over on I-94 doing a little over 100MPH in a 65. He let me off.....LUCKY! I just had the tires balanced before I left and damn was that a smooth ride- I didn't even realize how fast I was going till I saw the cruiser and looked at my speedometer.

As long as you get your car checked out before you make a trip, give it a few good shots of WOT to make sure the temp stays where it should, and make sure your cooling system is in tune, there's nothing wrong with taking a N* Caddy on a trip.

97EldoCoupe
12-04-08, 09:36 AM
I did a 1500 mile trip up north on the Trans Canada highway with my '97 Eldo. smoked a deer, broke the fuel tank around Barrie on highway 400. Other than a small leak if I filled the tank all the way, the car made it back and forth without anything being done to it. And this was in a mountainous region with bumpy roads.

MN-STS-LOVER
12-04-08, 03:53 PM
Yeah but they can't travel far distances and be away from their doctors all that time. How many Depend's would they need to pre pack?

No Depends needed! We can all just tow a Mark VIII. They make great port-o-potty's:histeric:

97EldoCoupe
12-04-08, 04:28 PM
Good one MN-STS!!!!! :histeric: LOL!!!!

Destroyer
12-04-08, 10:35 PM
No Depends needed! We can all just tow a Mark VIII. They make great port-o-potty's:histeric:LOL :highfive:

Destroyer
12-04-08, 10:38 PM
Great Ted! I'll put you on the list as well!

Destroyer, I made a 1300 mile trip through the states with my '98 STS and had no problems. I didn't do the case seals either on that car, so what if the pan's a little wet- as long as it doesn't drip. A cop in Wisconsin pulled me over on I-94 doing a little over 100MPH in a 65. He let me off.....LUCKY! I just had the tires balanced before I left and damn was that a smooth ride- I didn't even realize how fast I was going till I saw the cruiser and looked at my speedometer.

As long as you get your car checked out before you make a trip, give it a few good shots of WOT to make sure the temp stays where it should, and make sure your cooling system is in tune, there's nothing wrong with taking a N* Caddy on a trip.Did you hear a whooooosh sound?. Thats my joke going over your head, lol. Actually N* cars make great highway cruisers. Its that aspect of the many Devilles and sometimes STS's that made me want one. I used to rent them all the time to go to NY from FL cause I own property in NY. I'd rent a N* Caddy anytime, just dont want to own one again.

97EldoCoupe
12-04-08, 10:43 PM
Does any member here have a Caddy to rent to Destroyer?

Destroyer
12-04-08, 11:50 PM
Rent me yours :D:bomb:

97EldoCoupe
12-05-08, 12:33 AM
LoL HaHa FuNnY

iowasevillests
12-06-08, 09:33 PM
I'd be up for KC but would also probably make the trip if it was in St. Louis...KC is 2 hours for me and St. Louis is 4.5 so I could do either of them pretty easily!

97EldoCoupe
12-06-08, 11:30 PM
Sounds great IowaSTS! I'll put you on the list! :thumbsup:

Destroyer
12-06-08, 11:34 PM
LoL HaHa FuNnY
No I'm serious. We can put those head studs to the test! :cool2:

97EldoCoupe
12-06-08, 11:50 PM
I've put them to the test. The only thing I haven't done is run NOS with them, and anyone who plans to can run the HD series studs. They're bullet proof, but not idiot proof. That goes for you, Destroyer. I'm sure you'd find a way to make them fail, because that's exactly what you want.

97EldoCoupe
12-06-08, 11:51 PM
Stud kit warning - warranty void if installed by destroyer.....

[NortHStaR]
12-07-08, 01:28 PM
theres a warranty???

97EldoCoupe
12-07-08, 02:50 PM
Yes there is warranty. I believe very much that this kit will fix 95% of Northstars out there, less the ones with cracked blocks/heads or warped heads unless machined.

1 year or 20,000 mile warranty if the kit has been installed according to the instructions provided. If during this time, your head gaskets fail, I will refund the entire cost of the kit.

To claim the refund, the engine must be disassembled and the studs removed and sent back to me along with the gaskets for inspection, along with the rest of the kit. Fel-Pro gaskets must be used. Hopefully I will rarely, if ever, have to issue a refund (I wish the best to anyone who does a HG job) but this warranty should ease the minds of many do-it-yourselfers. It's not hard to do the HG's once the engine's out/cradle lowered. These cars are just too good to see crushed because of a simple HG problem.

So if you decide to do the HG's yourself, The stud kit will only cost you if it works out. But I can't stress following the instructions enough. I am very picky when it comes to installng the heads and HGs. The threading has to be accurate, the surfaces must be completely clean and de-greased, and no chips left in the bolt holes. The large diameter part of the studs HAS to be between 1/16" and 1/8" below the block surface to ensure the heads will tighten against the block and not the stud. This is easy and straightforward stuff, you just have to be careful and do it right.

I know anybody that buys the kit, will want it to work so they can drive their Caddys again. That's why I'm offering this warranty- and because I believe in the repair process I developed- that it won't fail. Proper torque plays a large part of the success or failure. You should have access to a good accurate torque wrench if you plan on doing a head gasket job, and follow the sequence the FSM requires.

C0RSA1R
12-08-08, 12:12 AM
Driving directions to Saint Louis, MO - from New York 12309
1,014 mi about 16 hours 8 mins

Well, that's at least an overnight at a motel once each way for me. Not a problem at all. I've always heard that NY has some of the highest gas taxes this side of the Rockies - might as well find out if that's true (it probably is - I really don't like this state. Good people, crappy government.)

Personally, I think 16 hours is a bit pessimistic. I guess they figured the travel time for a Civic or a Neon - I bet my ETC could shave at least four hours offa that :lildevil:

Would this be an event that could stretch over a long weekend (say Fri-Mon)? If I'm spending the better part of two days on the road (each way) as some others coming from the coasts would be, it would be nice to have a three or four day event to ensure that it's worth it.

Although, when I picture a big group of folks breaking off the festivities and showing up for lunch at the local diner, an entire parking lot brimming with gleaming Caddy's, I think that alone would probably be totally worth it. :drool2:

Ranger
12-08-08, 12:37 AM
16 hrs is very pessimistic I think. I bought my DHS in Texas. The drive home was 930 miles and I did it in 13:55. Did not push it. Ran 5 over with 2 quick food & fuel stops. Left at 0900, home at 2300.

97EldoCoupe
12-08-08, 05:45 AM
It would be perfect to have it over a long weekend! Some really good ideas are being expressed here! Great!

C0RSA1R
12-08-08, 10:22 PM
16 hrs is very pessimistic I think. I bought my DHS in Texas. The drive home was 930 miles and I did it in 13:55. Did not push it. Ran 5 over with 2 quick food & fuel stops. Left at 0900, home at 2300.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Ah, to Hell with it - give me a 4-pack of Red Bull and a coupla packs of cigs and I'll make it in one day. Even if I get to St.Louis or wherever at midnight, a good night's sleep before the drive and when I arrive should make it all better. If I do have to stop, I can always truck it the last couple hundred klicks on opening day.

How much do you think it would cost to rent out a local racetrack for a long weekend? Another thing we could do would be to rent a bunch of cabins or whatever at a nearby state/national park. Motels and hotels are nice, but why not branch out and see what's available. I went to a wedding last summer in Allegany State Park here in NY, and it was great - weeklong party with fishing, hiking, bonfires, the whole works. Plus our cabins had electricity and stuff, so it wasn't too rough on the girls. Over a four-day weekend, that could be just the ticket for relaxing after a day of Caddy racing and motor oil. Near Kansas City, there's Watkins Mill Campground (20 miles northeast) with a bunch of campgrounds and a small lake. There's also Weston Bend State Park, about 20 miles NNW.

About 10 miles west of Kansas City is the Kansas Speedway, and they host large events year-round. Their website is here (http://www.kansasspeedway.com/track_info/group_programs/event_rental/). About 7.5 miles NE of Kansas Speedway is Lakeside Speedway (http://www.lakesidespeedway.net/), but their website doesn't seem to have anything about renting out for events. They seem like a smaller venue though, so I bet they do - I wasn't that thorough looking through it on first glance (I'm basically just alternating between Google Earth and typing this post).

Oh, there's also a crapload of golf courses and stuff too, dotted all around Kansas City and near both campgrounds and the racetracks. Also, about 30 miles southwest of Kansas City (actually in Kansas, not Missouri) is Hillsdale State Park, with a big-ass lake and a bunch of campgrounds. Their website is here (http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/State-Parks/Locations/Hillsdale). All looks pretty nice to me. I'm going to post another reply while I scout out St. Louis, mainly because this reply is turning into a monster. :alchi:

Destroyer
12-08-08, 10:31 PM
I've put them to the test. The only thing I haven't done is run NOS with them, and anyone who plans to can run the HD series studs. They're bullet proof, but not idiot proof. That goes for you, Destroyer. I'm sure you'd find a way to make them fail, because that's exactly what you want.That's not true bro. I gave you all the credit in the world for helping out the N* community with your studs and the price you repair the H/G issue for. If it's all it seems to be I want you to succeed, you deserve it! I even recommended you making this kit available to mechanics nationally or opening shops in other states specifically for this repair. Hell, I believe there is a HUGE market for that repair at that price. I would even consider financing a shop here in FL. offering that repair (lots of N* Caddy's here). The other stuff about the headers and the NX thing that I said were to help you too. If you could offer headers for under $500 you may have a winner but even then I'm not sure. Fixed H/G problem for $1200=Winner, $2300 headers= NOT, modified NXwhatever Deville's= No. It ain't what you want to hear but it's the way I see it and I've been known to make good business decisions.

ISmellRubber
12-17-08, 12:17 AM
rock the mid west I say! you know how many people in IA an NE look for an excuse to drive in from the farm to sport the cars they love. There is potential and the opportunity to jump on a track ( maybe) and put it to the test, good luck finding a .25 mile in iowa.....Besides if all works out the wife will be driving one down there too, it is an excuse to take a trip and even visit the in-laws. Just don't schedual it around the time of the stirges rally in SD. We love our bikes as much as our cady's!!!

GizmoQ
12-20-08, 03:25 AM
Add me to the list and if its in St Louis, I volunteer Jesda as the host. :lol:

By the way we've been having a midwest meet for the last couple years with a good turnout. You may want to get in touch with Nick50310 he setup and hosted the two "National Caddy meets" in Des Moines.

Check out these threads:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/great-lakes/101678-first-ever-national-meet-des-moines.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/107635-thing-i-learned-iowa-meet.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/107701-national-meet-08-a.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/great-lakes/127660-official-08-chicago-meet-thread.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/great-lakes/128740-2nd-annual-mdwest-meet.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/128780-2nd-annual-midwest-meet.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/local-cadillac-clubs/120283-midwest.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/131159-chicago-meet-recap-pictures-56k-very.html

A good time was had by all! Can't wait to see what you put together.

Necrosan
12-24-08, 06:15 AM
I say Chicago or Milwaukee..
There's a ton of members in IL & WI that would drive to either.. Plus it might be closer centrally than a place say St. Louis..

Mrjb9475
12-24-08, 11:35 AM
hey good idea i really don't care where just let me know when so i can plan. thanks Mrjb

eyekandyboats.inc
12-24-08, 01:07 PM
i am totally going to be stoaked for that. i think some of the Ontario res.should meet at one place and then all drive down together with there cars in a group to the meet.
i would bring my DTS for pure comfort and the massage! LOL

97EldoCoupe
12-24-08, 04:48 PM
That is an idea. I'd just like to have it hosted somewhere accessible to people from all the US states. What we need to do is throw a list together of everyone who would like to attend and have a tally of # of people in each state. Then center it according to that. Or host it in a place where everyone would be willing to drive - FLORIDA sounds good after the snowfall we just had here in Ontario.....

nickc50310
12-26-08, 12:30 PM
Chicago is the best bet. I can help plan some of it also. Im not real into trying to get sponsors so that can be your department if you want. :thumbsup: I would like to think i did a pretty good job at past meets. I seem to be pretty good at picking restaurants and what not. I like to plan things for spring because standing around outside in the midwest summer heat is not very fun. Let me know if you need any assistance.

Having somewhere super central like St. louis wont matter as most members on here are not willing to drive more than a couple of hours. You will have alot of people get excited in a prelim thread like this but rest assured, 75% or more wont follow through. The best idea is to get it in an area with the most members- Chicago has a ton of members.

C0RSA1R
12-27-08, 12:07 AM
Well I'm from NY and I'll follow thru no matter what the gas prices do. Chicago is fine with me, as is St. Louis or Kansas City. What needs to be taken into consideration is the presence of alternate activities, and hopefully a racetrack that can be rented out for a long weekend, nearby. If those things are in Chicago, then I'm as happy with that as with anything else.

As far as I'm concerned, the longer the drive, the better. Anytime I'm in my Eldorado, I'm always feelin' fine!

nickc50310
12-29-08, 01:33 PM
Well I'm from NY and I'll follow thru no matter what the gas prices do. Chicago is fine with me, as is St. Louis or Kansas City. What needs to be taken into consideration is the presence of alternate activities, and hopefully a racetrack that can be rented out for a long weekend, nearby. If those things are in Chicago, then I'm as happy with that as with anything else.

As far as I'm concerned, the longer the drive, the better. Anytime I'm in my Eldorado, I'm always feelin' fine!

Getting people to pony up the dough and chip in for a racetrack months in advance aint going to happen. I tried this with the first meet I planned. The cheapest I could get a track was 1500 for like 4 hours and that was just a basic 1/4 mile. The best bet on this front would be for us to just go to a public event, such as a test and tune or open race day.

stngh8r
12-29-08, 04:18 PM
-I agree with Nick. It will be much easier, especially for a inaugural event, to have it carry on in conjunction with a previously scheduled event. Similar to LSXshootout coinciding with the NMCA event.

-I think an all Caddy powered event would create much more interest and simply have a N* powered sub category.

GizmoQ
12-29-08, 06:37 PM
-I think an all Caddy powered event would create much more interest and simply have a N* powered sub category.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring this up.

I agree!

NorthStars only cut our attendance 60%, let's invite all Cadillac enthusiasts!

C0RSA1R
12-29-08, 09:38 PM
Sounds good to me too - as for bringing in the dough to rent a track for an entire day (or more), I've got a nice chunk of change coming to me in the form of a tax return in a few months - if we could get ten or fifteen people to save half their tax returns (or more) and use that money for the track (preferably just for the track - I have no problem using my paycheck for gas, food, hotel, et cetera) we could get something really nice going.

I know that most people have that money earmarked in their heads already (heck, I do - Escort Passport 9500 Blue radar detector), but I can pledge right now at least a $300 donation towards a track fund, and probably more. Nine more matching donations makes that $3,000, fourteen more makes it $4500. Ladies and gentlemen, we are Cadillac owners - this isn't the 1st Annual Dodge Neon Meet we're talking about here!

I like the idea of inviting all Caddy owners to come on down as well. The more people who attend, the better. Anyone with a friend who owns a Caddy should tell them about this as well - especially if they really love their car. Remember, there's Cadillac lovers out there who aren't on this board, either because they've never heard about it or because they're not so nifty with that Interweb stuff.

97EldoCoupe
12-29-08, 10:49 PM
Sounds good guys - maybe we'll have a few old N* cars that can run with the LS2 CTSs...... LOL who knows but I agree lets all pitch in and rent a track as well...

Now for the big question...which of my Cadillacs will I be taking??? LOL..... Lots of guys here have more than one Caddy in their driveway.... BRING THEM ALL!

eyekandyboats.inc
12-30-08, 12:21 AM
this is true. i will be cumming with my girl friend and my good friend down there. so like i said before dts it will be.
hopefully it will be re painted ( showing some chips :()

stngh8r
12-31-08, 02:51 PM
-Riding shotgun with another event will be much easier to set up and will not require a large lump sum of money up front.

-I doubt there will be a huge turnout (+100 cars) anyways and the drag racing will get boring fast if theres only a handful of cars there.

Mrjb9475
12-31-08, 05:06 PM
i think also a host hotel is needed and join and contact the CLC https://cadil3.securesites.net/application3.shtml they also have a modified chapter http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/ and i was thinking about suggesting a newer car chapter as well i will help in any way for the michigan caddy owners MRJB

iowasevillests
01-01-09, 11:39 AM
Just a thought on the race track and a strong vote for Kansas City, but Heartland Park in Topeka normally has open test and tune nights on Thursdays and some Saturdays I believe. Its a hell of a track and only an hour from KC, and normally isn't swamped on the open nights, so it might be something to consider.

nickc50310
01-02-09, 02:04 PM
Just a thought on the race track and a strong vote for Kansas City, but Heartland Park in Topeka normally has open test and tune nights on Thursdays and some Saturdays I believe. Its a hell of a track and only an hour from KC, and normally isn't swamped on the open nights, so it might be something to consider.

Is that an open road track or just a 1/4 mile? There are alot of nice drag strips that are much closer, including Chicago.

Thinking there will be anywhere near 100 cars at this event is foolishly optimistic. I would be VERY surprised if we could get over 30 or 40.

GizmoQ
01-02-09, 04:02 PM
Is that an open road track or just a 1/4 mile? There are alot of nice drag strips that are much closer, including Chicago.

Thinking there will be anywhere near 100 cars at this event is foolishly optimistic. I would be VERY surprised if we could get over 30 or 40.

Quit being such a pessimist! ;) You didn't expect half of us to show for the first Midwest meet either. We all saw how surprised you were at the turnout.

I think with the right amount of publicity this could become a premiere event.

C0RSA1R
01-02-09, 06:13 PM

Well, that's pretty pessimistic. I don't know what exactly we're shooting for in terms of attendance, but if we can get 60-70 cars (and their drivers) to come, than we're doing pretty good. I bet we could get anywhere from 15-30 people from each coast to come, and that means that the Midwest crowd only needs to bring 40-70 cars (and remember this is a much shorter drive for some of you folks). Then there's the Southern folks - I seem to think that they'll be able to come through on attendance. Not to stereotype, but does anyone here from the South not enjoy a good track day as much (if not more) as this yankee from NY?

I think a lot of people here would probably love to come for many different reasons - including the driving of course, but also to show off some of their skills. We've got some wicked audio/visual guys here that would probably enjoy showing off their systems and dispensing some tips and tricks in person. Everyone likes being clever, and these electronics guys are some of the cleverest.

Then we've got the engine crowd, like AJ and 97Eldo, who would get a chance to show off what they've got and what they can do to improve and tweak the performance of our rides. I'd bet money that 97Eldo would love to sell some of his Studded HG kits at a meet like this - if the event looked big enough, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought down a polished and studded short block for us to see in person how awesome it is. If some of the old-timers on this board like Sub, Ranger, or DKoz were to show up, that's as good a reason as any to pocket your keys, pop a beer, and listen to what would likely be some crazy stories about who the heck knows.

I've been looking for an excuse to go on a long-ass road trip for a while now - I don't mean just across NY state, but across the whole damn country. This is a better reason than most any other I could think of (Megan Fox calling me from LA, pledging undying love, and then FedExing me a diamond encrusted invitation to meet her at her mansion with my Caddy would be the only better reason), and since we're all Caddy lovers here (even those who love to hate them [*cough* *cough* Destroyer]), in my opinion this would be a really great way to spend a weekend.

97EldoCoupe
01-02-09, 11:23 PM
Corsa1R you're hitting the nail pretty close to the head.....

I'll be setting up a page on my site- list of members planning to attend. Then we'll get some sponsors, possibly Cadillac engineers/designers, maybe a dealership to show off the new flagship Cadillac's,

and yes I'm planning to bring a "few" things for display.....

But I'm leaving the details out for now on what I'm bringing.

I hope AJ will bring his Fiero....

Ranger
01-02-09, 11:53 PM
I don't know about STL or KC, but if it where in Chicago I'd probably try to attend, just to meet some of you guys.

Necrosan
01-02-09, 11:56 PM
Count me in if Chicago is the venue.

97EldoCoupe
01-03-09, 10:34 AM
Chicago is really looking like the #1 spot so far isn't it?

97EldoCoupe
01-03-09, 11:30 AM
I've contacted Route 66 Raceway in Joilet, Illinois. I hope they'll welcome the 1st Annual Northstar Meet.

I know there's members all across the USA but I think this may be one of the best locations.

If this works out, I hope to see MANY of our forum members there. My '98 STS will likely be there, hopefully another one of my toys as well. And at that time I very much doubt they will be stock. I won't say what, but some mods will be done. And some of these mods will be available for purchase as well. Good chance to see what can be done to the Northstar.

I hope nobody minds, I'm going to try to gather members from the Aurora Club of North America. Yes they're Oldsmobiles, but they have Caddy platforms and a Northstar based engine- the same mods apply to those cars as well. Get some members from some other Cadillac forums. This will be a great opportunity to meet many Northstar owners.

As soon as we have a definite location/venue set up, I'll be making arrangements for

-hotel discounts
-food (possibly a huge BBQ)
-sponsors
-etc. etc.

Ladies and Gentleman this could be big.

I'll try to get some TV coverage, possibly a performance TV show.

I don't know what others think about this idea: What about setting up something for charity as well during the event? Like the proceeds from all food eaten toward World Vision or some other charitable organization. Maybe a drag race for charity. All of us Cadillac owners can set an example out there. "North America's luxury car/Cadillac owners Gather in Chicago For a Great Cause"

I would really like people's opinions on this.

Mrjb9475
01-03-09, 06:04 PM
sounds very good to me Chicago sounds like a good place as soon as a definate place and time is set i will post and let everyone know as well for a good turn out thanks Mrjb

C0RSA1R
01-03-09, 10:46 PM
Chicago would work fine for me as well. My only concern is that it might be a little too far north for some of our friends in the Southern US to consider making the drive. Kansas City is a much more centralized location (it would actually be a further drive for me), and that might entice a few more of our Southern and Western members to make the drive. Can someone post a poll or something so that we might be able to gauge possible attendance for the relative locations?

I suppose I'll just mention that I'm perfectly willing to drive as far as Oklahoma City for an occasion like this - so anywhere inside that arc (centered on Albany, NY) I'm totally game. I love road trips, and have never taken one that long on my own or with my girlfriend, and I'm ready for an adventure.

And I'm totally down with inviting Aurora owners - I almost bought one of those (and almost a Buick Riviera) before I found my ETC.

AJxtcman
01-03-09, 10:59 PM
The sooner the better. I am making progress on my house and that means I will be moving sometime.

97EldoCoupe
01-04-09, 12:53 AM
I hope you're coming too AJ! And bring that awesome Fiero of yours!!!

We'll get it set up and I'm hoping for spring, be it early or late. I've got a lot of work to do, and I don't know if I'll meet all my goals by that time but it'll be fun anyway.

AJ I'm going to need to talk to you about a custom program for a Northstar running boost.....

96Fleetwood
01-04-09, 10:20 AM
I haven't owned a Northstar powered vehicle since 2006...but count me in if you don't mind some RWD Cadillacs joining the festivities. :cool2:

97EldoCoupe
01-04-09, 11:03 AM
Bring it along!:thumbsup:

I've always preferred RWD over FWD, and I wish the N*'s of the 90's were RWD.

90Brougham350
01-04-09, 11:58 AM
I'll be coming to the spring meet in Chicago. I think alot of us regular midwest guys were planning on it this year, a lot of members in Chicago. It would only make sense to try and have the biggest meet in Chicago this year. The idea of a national meet was thrown around quite a bit a year or two ago, but it died because of driving distances. Regional meets seem to work the best, most people aren't willing to drive more than a full day, just because of work and time off, and not wanting to spend most of one's vacation in the car. Honestly, I'd be surprised if we got 50 people in Chicago. But then again, I could be wrong. But Nick has always done a hell of a job planning the midwest meet, and I know this year will be awesome. I hate to be pessimistic as well, but planning a national N* meet is going to fall through. Just plan on coming to Chicago in the spring.

Brian

CadillacSTS42005
01-04-09, 12:39 PM
meh ill bring the LS1

N0DIH
01-04-09, 05:15 PM
No problem, and it isn't Wrong Wheel Drive either!!

eyekandyboats.inc
01-04-09, 09:41 PM
how will you get two of your cars down? does you STS have a trailer hitch..... LOL

N0DIH
01-04-09, 10:52 PM
Exactly why you need a Fleetwood Brougham V4P.... 7000 lb tow package!

how will you get two of your cars down? does you STS have a trailer hitch..... LOL

97EldoCoupe
01-05-09, 02:12 AM
That is one of the awesome things about the Fleetwood Brougham - it can tow more than some trucks out there. All the torque and a full frame built like a tank... reminds me of my 403 Olds powered Parisienne. I could tow a 4000 lb car behind me and couldn't even feel a load on the engine.

[NortHStaR]
01-05-09, 03:55 AM
a little late to the punch here but I am for sure down for a meet, I dont care about the drive, I love driving the caddy :cool2:

96Fleetwood
01-05-09, 10:31 AM
I think merging this Northstar meet with the Spring Meet is a great idea. The more the merrier!:thumbsup:

nickc50310
01-06-09, 12:19 PM
So whats up? Any dates or anything yet? If this goes through I will just forego the annual meet I plan and attend this one. Makes my life much easier!

Having it in Chicago will make for the best turnout. Most Chicago guys wouldnt even drive two hours to come to the meet last year. Corsair, Im telling you this now, almost nobody will drive more than six hours for a meet. Six hours is my limit, thats for sure, and Im pretty liberal about this stuff.

Im not being pessimestic, Im being realistic.

I think you should call this a cadillac meet really instead of a Northstar meet. Traditionally, the CTS and CTSV guys are usually pretty good about showing up and we dont have northstars.

eyekandyboats.inc
01-06-09, 07:16 PM
^^ we will bring all the non N8 guys little Cadillac STS/DTS/ETC models so everyone can have a northstar. real or fake

N0DIH
01-06-09, 07:20 PM
I can try to get my friend with his 05 CTS-V (red) to show, he has a PCM tune on it and runs pretty darn good....

I might even be able to do some PCM tuning on site if there is interest.... I can do CTS-V's, LT1's, Vortec V8's/V6's, 3100/3400/3800's and some others...

AlBundy
01-06-09, 07:28 PM
Hmmmm, this might be fun.

N0DIH
01-06-09, 07:35 PM
Byron is right down the road, excellent track.... It has my 2 thumbs up!

AJxtcman
01-06-09, 09:35 PM
I might even be able to do some PCM tuning on site if there is interest.... I can do CTS-V's, LT1's, Vortec V8's/V6's, 3100/3400/3800's and some others...

:shhh:

Hey now

it looks like I can do just a few more. A Ford or two :histeric:

AJxtcman
01-06-09, 09:37 PM
I think merging this Northstar meet with the Spring Meet is a great idea. The more the merrier!:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
I like that. Northstar's blowing away Northstar's is no fun. Northstar's blowing away CTS-V's is a lot of fun.

AlBundy
01-06-09, 10:02 PM
:thumbsup:Northstar's blowing away CTS-V's is a lot of fun.

AJ are you feeling OK?:eek::alchi:

CTSV_Rob
01-06-09, 10:13 PM
:thumbsup:
I like that. Northstar's blowing away Northstar's is no fun. Northstar's blowing away CTS-V's is a lot of fun.
Too funny.

Sounds like fun, wish I could make it but it gets too cold up there for me :D

N0DIH
01-06-09, 10:37 PM
But colder makes more power!

Too funny.

Sounds like fun, wish I could make it but it gets too cold up there for me :D

97EldoCoupe
01-07-09, 12:44 AM
AJ Looks like you and I have some work to do....

Come on you CTS-V guys, let's see what your 2-valve engines can do.....

I hope by that time I'll have my project finished - '98 Cadillac STS NX8 - Supercharged & Intercooled Northstar pushing out enough HP & TQ to make a CTS-V a small dot in my rear view.... and still have it's head gaskets intact at the end of the day; ready for a 7 hour drive home.

AJ you with me on this one?:thumbsup:

N0DIH
01-07-09, 01:00 AM
Got a friend with an LS6 "V", maybe do some heads up runs! (of course, I will have to talk him into a ProCharger....)

I hope by that time I'll have my project finished - '98 Cadillac STS NX8 - Supercharged & Intercooled Northstar pushing out enough HP & TQ to make a CTS-V a small dot in my rear view.... and still have it's head gaskets intact at the end of the day; ready for a 7 hour drive home.

C0RSA1R
01-07-09, 01:27 AM
So whats up? Any dates or anything yet? If this goes through I will just forego the annual meet I plan and attend this one. Makes my life much easier!

Having it in Chicago will make for the best turnout. Most Chicago guys wouldnt even drive two hours to come to the meet last year. Corsair, Im telling you this now, almost nobody will drive more than six hours for a meet. Six hours is my limit, thats for sure, and Im pretty liberal about this stuff.

Im not being pessimestic, Im being realistic.

I think you should call this a cadillac meet really instead of a Northstar meet. Traditionally, the CTS and CTSV guys are usually pretty good about showing up and we dont have northstars.

You're probably right. I've never been to a meet like this before. My enthusiasm for driving on the open road overwhelms my senses sometimes, I suppose.

Still, I'll have no problem making the drive to Chi-town if that's where it happens. More than six hours, but it sounds like it will be a Hell of a time.

The Tony Show
01-07-09, 02:45 PM

Posts like this make me wish I hadn't sold my CTS-V. That puny little 2-valve engine has won more Le Mans championships than the helicoiled wonder can ever dream of.

CIWS
01-07-09, 03:49 PM

Put your stock N* against the stock CTS-V and then talk smack. Otherwise run your modified N* against a modified 2 valve CTS-V to keep things in the same arena.

Anyone can modify a car and make it have more gofast. All it takes is money.

N0DIH
01-07-09, 03:52 PM
CTS-V, 12.9-13.0 factory delivered 4 door, who can complain? And awesome durability and reliability....

Posts like this make me wish I hadn't sold my CTS-V. That puny little 2-valve engine has won more Le Mans championships than the helicoiled wonder can ever dream of.

CTSV_Rob
01-07-09, 05:41 PM
But colder makes more power!

Less traction too... Already have a problem with that :D

Post some numbers you expect to get with your beast of an STS.

Even with all the power you expect to get take to the twisties and see how you do against a CTS-V.

BTW, are you planning a brake upgrade?

97EldoCoupe
01-08-09, 12:42 AM
Anybody knows a stock Northstar against a 400HP LS2 is going to lose. What AJ and I are proving is that the Northstar is well capable of meeting/exceeding stock LS2 performance levels. Of course the newer factory S/C Northstars are an example.

I'll make this clear right now- my goal is not to win races- so what if my car is slower or faster... I just want a nice street machine.

There's no replacement for displacement. And this is a 4.6 liter engine. The LS2 is 6.0. The more cubes, the more room for improvement/upgrades.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-08-09, 01:32 AM

Bwahahahahahahahaha!! Zing!!! :rimshot:

N0DIH
01-15-09, 09:38 PM
Any tentive dates set?

AJxtcman
01-15-09, 09:53 PM
Any tentive dates set?

before I move

mbnv992
01-17-09, 10:59 PM
Well, depending on WHEN this event will take place, I just might come down from CT. I love to drive, and can probably make it to (if it's at Chicago that is) Chicago in about one full day. Nothing like a 1,000+ mile drive to meet fellow Cadillac drivers !!! In fact, here's another idea. If we could get some people from the New England area meet up somewhere the day before the meet, maybe we could all caravan down. That would be super cool !
Mod's: Possibly make this thread a sticky to get more people to go/see the thread ? That would be cool :)

AJxtcman
01-22-09, 09:03 PM
Hey guy's HighLine is really sick :helpless: I hope we can get this going soon so I can take his car down. :worship:

N0DIH
01-22-09, 09:11 PM
Hope he feels better, being sick sucks....

mbnv992
01-22-09, 11:49 PM
Hey guy's HighLine is really sick :helpless: I hope we can get this going soon so I can take his car down. :worship:

Well, you can officially count me in ! (As long as it's in /near the Chicago area, coming from CT is a long enough drive :)).

Any updates on the status of this meet ?

iowasevillests
02-14-09, 12:14 AM
Any updates on this.....still a go???

STSj90
02-14-09, 05:18 PM
Ive got an idea, Can all the info on the meet be put in the first post of this thread? TIME, DATE, LOCATION....etc

Would be a good idea so people wont have to go searching threw every page in the thread.

Just a thought tho.

AJxtcman
02-14-09, 06:04 PM
Jake you have to get this going before I blow another gasket. :histeric:

:devil: I have a lot more to post on that subject. :nono:

97EldoCoupe
02-15-09, 08:55 PM
Yeah AJ we need to get things finalized. At the end of March I'll be driving up past your way to go to the Winnipeg Auto Show with some friends in Manitoba. I wouldn't mind stopping by to say hi. That is, if I drive through the US again. I'm so sick and tired of border agents tearing my STS apart to check for drugs. Everytime they check me out they don't find anything. You'd think that someday they'd begin to understand if I was a drug runner, I'd drive something more low-key than a Cadillac. Something about a black Caddy with tinted windows I guess.

I'm in the process of finalizing a mortgage, throwing together a downpayment, and buying a shop of my own so I don't have to rent anymore. I might be selling off part of my Caddy collection to make this happen....

So is the Chicago area "a go" with most everyone?