: Help needed quick - Need left and right headlamp assembly for '99 Catera

Murano20155
12-02-08, 09:19 AM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

My 1999 turkey... I mean Catera... didn't pass state inspection because the headlamp adjustors are both busted and the headlamp assemblies are jiggling around like cafeteria jello. The mechanic told me I need two complete headlamp assemblies. Another option is finding the individual adjustors and he thinks that is highly unlikely (however, I have yet to call the local Cadillac dealer to see if the adjustors are available anywhere). I have 15 days to drive around with the rejection sticker before it's illegal for me to drive the car, so I need to get the issue fixed and the car re-inspected before then. :pwn:

Does anyone know of somewhere that sells the entire assembly? I really don't have the money right now to order through a dealer and pay through the nose for the install. Thank God my father-in-law has been "mechanicing" for 40 years and could do the job in 30 minutes with the parts.

Personally, I'd prefer to push this car into a swamp and light it on fire for all the issues it has. I bought it for $3k as an additional four-door to accomodate having our first child, and it appears I'm getting my money's worth.

Thanks so much for any help.

Southern-Hospitality
12-03-08, 01:53 AM
Not sure if these are still available but they would be quite a nice upgrade.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-group-purchases-member-discounts/150988-catera-euro-headlights-october-offer.html#post1647559

Murano20155
12-03-08, 09:49 AM
Thanks, Southern-Hospitality. Those are really nice headlights! However, I think I'm going to go the used route. I found a used auto parts company in L.A. that'll sell and ship the complete assemblies to me for $204 total. I just hope they'll get here this weekend so my dad-in-law can pop them in. Plus, I really don't care about this car enough to put those fancy lights in :lol:

Southern-Hospitality
12-03-08, 03:23 PM
haha yea i wanted the black ones, but they won't fit my 2001.

Good luck hope it passes the test!