: 2003 Escalade - Battery Light

Travis Goode
12-01-08, 08:02 AM
Red battery light in the upper right hand area of dash stays slightly illuminated when the engine is either on/off. The light will become brighter when more accessories are turned on. Battery is new & the alt is putting out the correct charge. Any idea what the problem might be? Thanks.

jayca
12-05-13, 12:15 PM
I have the same thing happening did you ever figure out the issue

I had the alternator changed and the starter same thing now this morning it went off and now it's on again don't get it

the cadillac man
12-05-13, 01:03 PM
Check the alternator cable and clean the connections

wesyder
12-05-13, 01:29 PM
Bad diode inside alternator

l8agin
12-06-13, 05:32 PM
I had this issue until last week. My friend owns a repair shop for large/heavy duty trucks and is working on an oil leak for me. While there I told him about the battery light being always on and all he did was plug in a scan tool and turn it off. If the other suggestions dont work out, maybe give this a try.

jayca
12-07-13, 08:29 PM
Well it went off and now it's back on very dim again. Don't get it this happened with out doing anything I had the alternator changed, the battery and the starter

the cadillac man
12-07-13, 09:57 PM
Well it went off and now it's back on very dim again. Don't get it this happened with out doing anything I had the alternator changed, the battery and the starter

Have the charging system tested at a gm dealer as they know more about then most shops