: Interesting dealership visit

skippydts
11-28-08, 02:52 PM
I purchased my DTS last March. It is an 03'.
Today I took it in to the Cadillac dealer because I thought the moon roof was rattling as I went over bumps.
It turns out, the slide panel/shade was rattling, not the moonroof glass, so they added new glides for the panel and also adjusted the glass for a better fit. I am happy. I then took the paperwork to the cashier and she said here you go, have a nice day. I said, "wait, how much is it?" She said there is no charge under warranty.....UNDER WARRANTY?!!
I didn't purchase a warranty, they didn't tell me there was a warranty left on the vehicle when I bought it a year ago......All I got from them was a 60 day peace-of-mind warranty.
Anyway, I went back to the service manager and asked what kind of warranty. He showed me when he typed in the VIN, it had a 72 month/100,000 mile warranty on it.... But then something strange happened....we discovered at the same time, the expiration date was YESTERDAY, 11/27/08.. He didn't know what to do. The work was done (he thought under warranty), we never discussed pricing... I asked how much work was done... He said $53.75..
I asked if he can push it through under warranty and he said he would and see what happens. I am not going to cry over $53.00, but holy cow...

On my way home, I was doing the math in my head....72 month warranty from 2003, is 6 years; 2009, There is only 62,000 mi on it. Why did he say it expired yesterday, after only 5 years???
Is there a way to check warranty online?

RightTurn
11-28-08, 08:37 PM
Is it a GM warranty?

Boombotz
11-28-08, 11:37 PM
The 72 month warranty starts when the said vehicle was purchased/ The purchase date for your vehicle from the original owner was 11-27-02.

Cliff8928
11-29-08, 02:11 AM
Yep, that's how the 84/100 MajorGuard warranty on my Olds is too.. From my date of purchase (11/17/04)

skippydts
11-29-08, 11:02 AM
That is disappointing. I never knew there was warranty remaining.... I replaced two window regulators myself and would have had them look at the slow drivers window.... darn it...then there is the piston slap they would have looked at..... that's what I get for procrastinating..

Cliff8928
11-29-08, 03:28 PM
That's why if I ever buy a used GM vehicle from a GM dealer, I have them look up the service history and warranty status in VIS.