: What a country...

Lord Cadillac
11-28-08, 02:25 PM
I can't believe a Wal-Mart employee was killed this morning after a rampage / riot of people stormed through the doors at 5am. Forget my rantings about the U.S. becoming a third world country in a couple of decades. We're already there. This kind of thing should not be happening here. This is ridiculous. There will surely be more stories like this today - because humans are crap.

Other people were hospitalized as well. Here's a link to one of the stories:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/business/29walmart.html

MauiV
11-28-08, 03:18 PM
re post.

check the black friday thread

Lord Cadillac
11-28-08, 03:36 PM
re post.

It's a discussion within another discussion?

Jesda
11-28-08, 04:09 PM
I put a discussion in your discussion so we can talk while we talk.

Also, what scum!

Destroyer
11-29-08, 12:34 AM
Eh, musta been a good sale!:cool2:

c5 rv
11-29-08, 09:11 AM
re post.

Yeah, I'm a Drudge addict.

Florian
11-29-08, 06:03 PM
Wally world has bad mojo.....

F

77CDV
11-30-08, 01:36 AM
And that's why you don't want to call them "doorbuster sales". Some folks are just too literal. Can't top the shoot out yesterday at the Toys R Us in Palm Desert, CA, though.

c5 rv
11-30-08, 08:54 AM
... Can't top the shoot out yesterday at the Toys R Us in Palm Desert, CA, though.

Yeah, wow. There goes the neighborhood. My dad lived in Cathedral City for 30 years.

ewill3rd
11-30-08, 09:00 AM
That is why I shop online.
Ridiculous, is saving money really worth trampling people or shooting each other?
Thankfully all of us aren't that stupid.

Brett
11-30-08, 04:19 PM
The sales for super discounted items that each store only has 1 or 2 of has to stop. "$10 DVD player only 2 per store" is why this kind of crap happens.....the general public in this country is disgusting.

CIWS
12-01-08, 11:35 AM
The sales for super discounted items that each store only has 1 or 2 of has to stop. "$10 DVD player only 2 per store" is why this kind of crap happens.....the general public in this country is disgusting.

:yeah:

RightTurn
12-01-08, 12:53 PM
People are disgusting, aren't they? And RUDE. I find myself staying home more and more...and shopping online like EWill. If I didn't have to go to the grocer, I wouldn't go there either.

gary88
12-01-08, 01:15 PM
:suspense:
http://www.netgrocer.com/

RightTurn
12-01-08, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I've been tempted to try that. (As well as Amazon.com's grocery section...lol)

Lord Cadillac
12-01-08, 05:06 PM
People are disgusting, aren't they? And RUDE. I find myself staying home more and more...and shopping online like EWill. If I didn't have to go to the grocer, I wouldn't go there either.
I was at a Walmart late last night - around 11:45pm.. It was the only thing opened and my wife was sick and needed a few things. I actually had to leave my cart and wish for the best at Walgreens.. Anyway.. While waiting on line for 15 minutes, this degenerate girl next to me was on her cell phone cursing up a storm. She wasn't angry at all. In fact, she seemed more than content - almost happy. But she used the word "****" (did I get censored? It sounds like DUCK!) at least three times in every sentence.

I don't generally shop at Walmart (or Kmart) because more often than not, there are only poor degenerates shopping there. I don't hate poor degenerates, but I'm not crazy about how they've done so little for themselves that they've ended up shopping at a store where mainly people LIKE THEM go to shop. Other poor people without any sense of decency.

Destroyer
12-01-08, 05:50 PM
I find myself staying home more and more... With 26,481 posts since '06................you are not kidding!:cool2:

Destroyer
12-01-08, 05:57 PM
I don't generally shop at Walmart (or Kmart) because more often than not, there are only poor degenerates shopping there. I don't hate poor degenerates, but I'm not crazy about how they've done so little for themselves that they've ended up shopping at a store where mainly people LIKE THEM go to shop. Other poor people without any sense of decency.
Thanks Sal, so I'm a poor degenerate with no sense of decency now? :eek: . I shop at Walmart. Around here I don't see many degenerates at the Walmart but I suppose that degenerates dont know they are degenerates so perhaps I'm just not noticing that the others there are degenerates cause I myself am one?. Anything is possible, regardless, I actually like shopping at Walmart Super centers. Very convenient for me. Drop the car off for an oil change, get the grocery shopping done and pick up a thing or 2 from the auto section or electronics department while I'm there. :thumbsup:

Rolex
12-01-08, 06:24 PM
.....the general public in this country is disgusting.

....and panicky, and subscribe to the mob mentality at the drop of a hat.

Rolex
12-01-08, 06:24 PM
Thanks Sal, so I'm a poor degenerate with no sense of decency now? :eek:

IMO you have ALWAYS been a poor degenerate lacking a sense of decency. :p

Lord Cadillac
12-01-08, 06:43 PM
Just a quick note. I don't care who I offend and I'm not politically correct. I feel what I feel and that's the end of it. I hope you're not a poor degenerate. If you are, then I hope I don't run into you at the store because you'll probably annoy me.

Anyway. You must have missed where I said, "more often than not". Go back and read my post again.

Thanks Sal, so I'm a poor degenerate with no sense of decency now? :eek: . I shop at Walmart. Around here I don't see many degenerates at the Walmart but I suppose that degenerates dont know they are degenerates so perhaps I'm just not noticing that the others there are degenerates cause I myself am one?. Anything is possible, regardless, I actually like shopping at Walmart Super centers. Very convenient for me. Drop the car off for an oil change, get the grocery shopping done and pick up a thing or 2 from the auto section or electronics department while I'm there. :thumbsup:

dkozloski
12-01-08, 07:06 PM
I'm an unprincipled degenerate more often than not. I don't shop at Walmart but I buy there after checking online to see if they have what I want. I don't go wandering their aisles impulse buying. It's hard to beat their prices, they have a wide range of stuff in stock, and they have a good return and exchange policy. Walmart drove down the prices of practically everything in town when they came in and are by themselves responsible for holding down the rate of inflation. Nationwide they have been getting credit by most economists for at least a 3% reduction in inflation.
Even if you don't shop there they are putting money in your pocket.

RightTurn
12-01-08, 07:33 PM
With 26,481 posts since '06................you are not kidding!:cool2:

I'm a fast typer. :spam: Oh, and I also shop at Walmart on occasion. :alchi:

Lord Cadillac
12-01-08, 07:56 PM
I'm a fast typer. :spam: Oh, and I also shop at Walmart on occasion. :alchi:
Apparently, my Walmarts aren't nearly as nice as others. Are they generally nice, clean stores with courtious shoppers?

dkozloski
12-01-08, 08:35 PM
Apparently, my Walmarts aren't nearly as nice as others. Are they generally nice, clean stores with courtious shoppers?
Around here they are nice clean stores with courteous shoppers. The norm in Alaska is for people shopping to make eye contact, smile, and acknowledge each other. A huge percentage of the young families with kids in Fairbanks are military and they are particularly pleasant people. They are the core with the beliefs that are going to save the country. If you're looking for responsible adults that are very serious about raising their kids right and being good citizens the military is where you can start looking.

Sandy
12-01-08, 08:37 PM
There are retail outlets that attract people with class. There are retail outlets that attract the opposite ~ and I think most people know which is which!
One can tell by their advertising, both print & TV or radio.

This goes for electronics, new car dealers, clothing, appliances, sporting goods, you name it. It will be most interesting to see what avenue of retailing that Walfart will take NEXT year at this time !

Destroyer
12-01-08, 10:37 PM
IMO you have ALWAYS been a poor degenerate lacking a sense of decency. :p
Dude, thank you!. I knew we could get along!:bonkers:

Destroyer
12-01-08, 10:41 PM
Apparently, my Walmarts aren't nearly as nice as others. Are they generally nice, clean stores with courtious shoppers?It all depends on the neighborhood. The closest one to me is real nice, the other one's I've been to....................point taken. Neighborhood isn't the whole story, especially here in FL. where you have real nice areas surrounded by not so nice areas, both of which share the same Walmart. Here in my woods its all pretty nice neighborhoods and the Walmart crowd is pretty normal looking.

Lord Cadillac
12-01-08, 10:42 PM
It all depends on the neighborhood. The closest one to me is real nice, the other one's I've been to....................point taken. Neighborhood isn't the whole story, especially here in FL. where you have real nice areas surrounded by not so nice areas, both of which share the same Walmart. Here in my woods its all pretty nice neighborhoods and the Walmart crowd is pretty normal looking.
Well I'm jealous then! :) Damn you! :p

Rolex
12-01-08, 10:57 PM
I live near the home office of Wal Mart. It's almost impossible NOT to shop there, and most of the stores are pretty nice around here.

I'm actually excited that we're getting a Harps grocery store very close to my house. You would know that Wal Mart has already broken ground on their own grocery store across the street from the Harps grocery. :helpless: There are more Wal Marts and Wal Mart groceries within a 5 mile radius then there are Starbucks.

GailyBedight
12-01-08, 10:58 PM
It's all about the area, not so much the store. I"ve lived on Long Island, New Jersey, CT, St. Louis, New Orleans, Phoenix, Oswego, NY, Isla Verde, PR. When I was in St. Louis, I was initially uncomfortable shopping and finally realized what it was. When you made eye contact with someone, they would smile and say good morning. On Long Island, if you made eye contact and didn't look away people would ask you what your problem was. When we left Long Island my 8 year old son was on the phone at midnight trying to cut deals on baseball cards. Almost everyone I ran into there was out to make a deal. It was all about ME, ME, ME. That is one place that I will never move to again.

Destroyer
12-01-08, 11:04 PM
It's all about the area, not so much the store. I"ve lived on Long Island, New Jersey, CT, St. Louis, New Orleans, Phoenix, Oswego, NY, Isla Verde, PR. When I was in St. Louis, I was initially uncomfortable shopping and finally realized what it was. When you made eye contact with someone, they would smile and say good morning. On Long Island, if you made eye contact and didn't look away people would ask you what your problem was. When we left Long Island my 8 year old son was on the phone at midnight trying to cut deals on baseball cards. Almost everyone I ran into there was out to make a deal. It was all about ME, ME, ME. That is one place that I will never move to again.Sheesh!. I must be a degenerate, my hometown is Long Island, NY. :alchi:

RightTurn
12-01-08, 11:41 PM

There are 4 stores within 10 miles of my house. Two of them are scary, one is always dirty, and the last is always clean, well-stocked and full of average looking shoppers. I have no problem with Walmart; they employ a lot of people. As for courteous shoppers...how is that Walmart's fault? I see just as many rude asshats in Macy's as in Walmart. People in general are just frackin' RUDE. (Or degenerates like Destroyer, lol)

orconn
12-01-08, 11:58 PM
There is something about the Mid-Atlantic tht seems to breed and feed the "ME" mentality. I don't know if it extends in to New England, but I do know it is creeping south of Washington, D.C.

Although a native Californian, I spent several years growing up outside Philadelphia. I really didn't like the area ...... no, Virginia, it wasn't the weather ....... it was the people! Extremely parochial in their views, probably the most narrow minded, ignorant people I have ever lived with ..... and I have lived all over the US and on six continents. Today that narrowness has festered into the "ME" ness so rampant in many aspects of our lives. D.C. traffic is just one example, but there are plenty of other manifestations.

In school, from my teachers, I learned that people from the South were ignorant dummies, that Californians were all "nut cases" and mid-westerners were unsophisticated farmers. Fortunately, I went to college in Wisconsin, served in the military during the draft years and learned the complete falsity of what I was led to believe. Knowing what I know now, I would never chose to live in the Mid-Atlantic again.

Jesda
12-02-08, 01:05 AM
I'd shop at Target if they were open later, but they aren't so WM and my local grocery store get my business. Target has higher quality products for the same price or less, but I'm a vampire.

ewill3rd
12-02-08, 07:33 AM
I will not shop at Wal-Mart for my own reasons. I have my opinion on them and there are none close enough to my house to justify the drive.
I usually shop at Target. The one closest to my house (which I can see out my back yard across highway 50) is poorly stocked and mismanaged but convenient. The other one which is on my way to work is cleaner, and better stocked but has a horrible parking lot because it is near a large office complex and a big shopping center.
I pick my times or send my Mother in Law :D

I used to live in MO and I know exactly what Sal is talking about. Nothing like a rural MO Wal-Mart to showcase some in-bred mentality. I let my wife go there if she wants but they don't get my money. I don't care how low their prices are. Frankly I'd rather pay more and support a place of business that doesn't support the Red Chinese economy and destroy local small businesses, but that is just me.

77CDV
12-02-08, 11:57 PM
Frankly I'd rather pay more and support a place of business that doesn't support the Red Chinese economy

Um, don't look now, but there are very few things for sale in the US from any source that aren't made in China. I don't care if it's Target or Bloomingdales, most of the stuff sold is of Chinese manufacture. I don't frequent Walmart because there isn't one close to my house and they very rarely have anything I care to buy.

RightTurn
12-03-08, 12:01 AM
^^ :yeah: You'll find those exact same "Red Chinese" items in Target.

ewill3rd
12-03-08, 07:36 AM
Yeah but I do make an effort to check the labels before I walk to the cash register.
I remember a day when the Wal-Mart sign had another under it that said "Made in the USA".
As soon as Sam died they took that down and started slashing prices.
I never professed to be perfect in regards to buying American, but when I walk through a store and it takes me 15 minutes of looking at products to find one that doesn't say "made in China" when their slogan used to be Made in the USA I get turned off. Not to mention the total crap they sell, all the knock offs, factory rejects and worthless junk they have.... but hey you are "saving" money right?
I am not saying that I am right and you are wrong, anyone. I am just saying right, wrong, misguided, infantile, whatever you want to call my justification, I won't shop there for my own reasons.
It isn't any ONE thing, it is a combination of dozens of things that have just eliminated them from my retail repertoire.

CIWS
12-03-08, 08:51 AM
Hi, my name is CIWS, and I am a degenerate. :alchi:

Most people shop with two things in mind pricing and convenience. They are willing to let one or the other slide a little if it can be balanced out. But if one or the other gets too far of from center they'll begin to look elsewhere.

The most convenient grocery stores for me are Wal-Mart and Kroger, each have two stores within a few miles or near by on the way home. So they are equal in that category. However Wal-Mart is definitely cheaper on the very same food items, by brand, in most cases with everyday pricing. Sometimes Kroger will beat them if something is on sale. Several items are 1.00 to 1.50 cheaper (tv dinners, coffee, milk) per item at Wal-Mart. So most of that takes place at Wal-Mart for me. Some items they do not carry and I go to Kroger to get. A difference in 10-20.00 in my shopping bill buying the very same items is why I'm a degenerate. :D

ewill3rd
12-03-08, 09:19 AM
One of the things I hold against Wal-Mart is that they don't know how to handle food.
I suppose my grudge is against one store in particular but they left some frozen food out, it thawed, molded, then they re-froze it and sold it to me and wouldn't take it back or refund me my money. Maybe this is an isolated incident, but I am just not comfortable buying groceries from the same place I buy TV's and shotguns.
:lol:

CIWS
12-03-08, 09:29 AM
Food Lion. They used to be all over the place here before Primetime exposed what was going on in the meat section.

Jesda
12-03-08, 04:07 PM
I used to live in MO and I know exactly what Sal is talking about. Nothing like a rural MO Wal-Mart to showcase some in-bred mentality.

We were at the WM superstore in Columbia MO and almost saw a fight break out in a McDonald's. Some lady thought someone cut in front of her. She made a threatening ("YOU WANNA FIGHT, WHORE?") kind of sneer and the other lady just sort of backed away.

Unusual level of violence for a cheeseburger. It is a frightening place where insanely hot college girls and rednecks intertwine.\

Now, here in the suburbs, WM is quite pleasant, but I don't like how ridiculously huge the store is. I have a bad knee and I'm lazy.

MauiV
12-04-08, 02:09 AM
The oddest Wal Mart mix I have seen is at I-45 and 242 near Houston, Texas. It sits right at the edge of uppercrust The Woodlands and not too far from such jewels as Cut-n-Shoot and Magnolia.

I used to go in LATE when I got off work to do my grocery shopping. I was always amazed to see the people in Wal-Mart checkout at 2am that have a VCR, an avacado and jumpercables. I mean seriosly, WTF?!?!?!?!?!?