: How is this cool to ANYONE?

Lord Cadillac
11-28-08, 12:34 PM
Last night while I was cruising around, I saw this kid in his early 20s walk out of a building and get into his car - which wasn't in a spot and running. His pants were hanging half way down his but cheeks. He parked his car and started walking back toward this building - and his pants well OFF. All the way off and onto the ground. He picked them up and continued walking on in..

Who are these kids trying to imitate? Who thinks its cool? I've never seen anyone's pants just fall off completely to the floor. Apparently, this kid is used to this and doesn't think anything of it..

Why would anyone want to be this way?

c5 rv
11-28-08, 12:46 PM
He was looking for his suspenders.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-28-08, 12:47 PM
Stoners....wiggers, rapper wanna-bes, etc etc. It's not very common to see things like that at my high school, but it wasn't unheard of either..

ryannel2003
11-28-08, 01:14 PM
Thats normal around here. I think it's extremely stupid, but if they think it looks cool, more power to 'em. Kinda like ricers with the large wings and lots of stickers.

Lord Cadillac
11-28-08, 01:19 PM
I don't know if we can put cars with wings & stickers and people's pants falling off in the same category...

Spyder
11-28-08, 01:24 PM
Yeeup. Sure can.

See it every day and its been around for years and years! Not many young folk down there in Florida, huh? :D

ryannel2003
11-28-08, 01:24 PM
Haha, but alot of the ricers do dress like that. At least in my area.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-28-08, 01:26 PM
Haha, but alot of the ricers do dress like that. At least in my area.

Same here. It must be that "urban hip" look.

orconn
11-28-08, 01:59 PM
I remember when this youth fashion started in LA over 15 years ago. Glad to hear it's still in vogue with the the "with it" youth of the South and upper Mid-West. I quess tthey are practicing for conceal a weapon or drop your pants in prison!

The Tony Show
11-28-08, 02:04 PM
It's actually a ticketable offense in Orlando now, much to the chagrin of groups like the NAACP who consider it "racist" to cite someone for indecent exposure for having their ass crack showing.

MauiV
11-28-08, 02:10 PM
It is a knockoff of a prison trend. A lot of inmates lose weight and their pants sag but it is also the sign on a "Punk" in prison, not exactly the message I would want to send, "not that theres anything wrong with that."

Lord Cadillac
11-28-08, 02:18 PM
"not that theres anything wrong with that."

You're so politically correct! :histeric:

Jesda
11-28-08, 04:14 PM
The same people who buy the BMW 7-series.

Destroyer
11-29-08, 12:24 AM
It's actually a ticketable offense in Orlando now, much to the chagrin of groups like the NAACP who consider it "racist" to cite someone for indecent exposure for having their ass crack showing.
Hope that doesn't go for the tampa area too. I'll have to cover up. :eek:

Destroyer
11-29-08, 12:27 AM
"not that theres anything wrong with that."lol :d

dkozloski
11-29-08, 12:33 AM
It is a knockoff of a prison trend. A lot of inmates lose weight and their pants sag but it is also the sign on a "Punk" in prison, not exactly the message I would want to send, "not that theres anything wrong with that."
Prisoners are not allowed belts and their pants all sag. When they get out, to all the young thugs, the coolest guys are the ex cons and they are imitated. It says something about our youth in general that they all want to look like life's biggest losers. The cons are the dumbest 1% of the dumbest element in society.

The police are all for it because the idiots are easy to catch in a foot chase when they are hobbled by their pants around their ankles.

Night Wolf
11-29-08, 01:37 AM
Dang kids in their early 20's these days.... what the heck is wrong with them and their generation....

....see back in the day...

.... oh wait....

c5 rv
11-29-08, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately, youth have been attracted to styles worn by criminals ever since their pictures have appeared in the media. This is merely the latest trend. It too shall pass.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-29-08, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately, youth have been attracted to styles worn by criminals ever since their pictures have appeared in the media. This is merely the latest trend. It too shall pass.

Speaking of dressing like criminals, why can't we all dress like Capone? That was one sharp-dressed man!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/scrp/SUB26~Al-Capone-Posters.jpg

The same people who buy the BMW 7-series.

Hey now! I almost bought an E38.... :o

http://www.bmwism.com/all_bmw/e38_7series_side.jpg

What will all the plumbers do?

Destroyer
11-29-08, 02:30 PM
Speaking of dressing like criminals, why can't we all dress like Capone? That was one sharp-dressed man!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/scrp/SUB26~Al-Capone-Posters.jpg

He didn't rap

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-29-08, 05:50 PM
We used to have kids do this in my school too. I used to walk by and shove them into the walls and then take off because they could only get about 4 feet before their pants fell down and they tripped and fell. :)

77CDV
11-30-08, 01:39 AM
Last night while I was cruising around, I saw this kid in his early 20s walk out of a building and get into his car - which wasn't in a spot and running. His pants were hanging half way down his but cheeks. He parked his car and started walking back toward this building - and his pants well OFF. All the way off and onto the ground. He picked them up and continued walking on in..

Who are these kids trying to imitate? Who thinks its cool? I've never seen anyone's pants just fall off completely to the floor. Apparently, this kid is used to this and doesn't think anything of it..

Why would anyone want to be this way?

Careful, Sal. Next you'll be puttering in your Town Car to the early bird specials at Dennys. :canttalk:

But, yeah, it really does look silly.

dkozloski
11-30-08, 02:26 AM
Careful, Sal. Next you'll be puttering in your Town Car to the early bird specials at Dennys. :canttalk:

But, yeah, it really does look silly.
Hey! Hey! Let's not be taking Denny's name in vain!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-30-08, 02:35 AM
I hate Denny's. There is a local place around me called Omega that is open 24 hours that has the best meal ever. Its called the Hobo Skillet and is damn near 3/4 pounds of hash browns covered in 3 types of melted cheese and topped with 2 eggs cooked to your preference. It is to die for!

77CDV
11-30-08, 05:43 PM
damn near 3/4 pounds of hash browns covered in 3 types of melted cheese and topped with 2 eggs cooked to your preference. It is to die for!

Literally! Quadruple bypass, anyone?

Destroyer
11-30-08, 06:11 PM
We used to have kids do this in my school too. I used to walk by and shove them into the walls and then take off because they could only get about 4 feet before their pants fell down and they tripped and fell. :)Nice!. Wish they were wearing those when I was in HS. I'd do the same thing. Instead we had parachute pants so we actually had to throw kids wearing them off the roof to see if they worked. They didn't.