: 1993 Cadillac Eldorado about to replace my sound system

Eldorado192
11-27-08, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone, i have a 93 Eldorado ETC Northstar. It currently has Bose Delco.

Well the Delco Bose Shit itself. i wanna get a complete new headunit but i have a rough idea on the wiring. its so confusing. how am i gonna hide all the new wires for the amp and how am i gonna power the amp.

creeker
12-02-08, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone, i have a 93 Eldorado ETC Northstar. It currently has Bose Delco.

Well the Delco Bose Shit itself. i wanna get a complete new headunit but i have a rough idea on the wiring. its so confusing. how am i gonna hide all the new wires for the amp and how am i gonna power the amp.

I went through this about 5 years ago with my 92 eldo.,after much research and asking questions I decided to start form scratch and replace
everything with a new after market unit,this way everything is built in (amp.) and all you have to do is run the speaker wires. (new speakers).
It's the best way in the long run.

Eldorado192
12-06-08, 03:57 PM
Creeker i took your advice, theres no way in hell i can use the old wiring or anything. well this is what i did, walmart has a snyale with so xplode with the headunit, and 4 speakers. well for the headunit i cut the cigarette lighter 12v wire and then i hooked it up to the headunit, it is keeping memory and everything. today i just finished putting the rear speakers and wow it wasnt easy but with some mods it got in there RIGHT! now, im taking a break since i basically crawled all over my car today, I NEED HELP WITH THE FRONT SPEAKERS. how am i gonna get the wires through the door?

creeker
12-06-08, 07:00 PM
Creeker i took your advice, theres no way in hell i can use the old wiring or anything. well this is what i did, walmart has a snyale with so xplode with the headunit, and 4 speakers. well for the headunit i cut the cigarette lighter 12v wire and then i hooked it up to the headunit, it is keeping memory and everything. today i just finished putting the rear speakers and wow it wasnt easy but with some mods it got in there RIGHT! now, im taking a break since i basically crawled all over my car today, I NEED HELP WITH THE FRONT SPEAKERS. how am i gonna get the wires through the door?

I'm going back 5 years,but as I remember when I did mine ,you use the original access holes that were factory installed,when you take speaker covers off,you can see where the orig,wires were fed through the door,I think I surfaced mounted new wires under dash board and then fed new wires through factory access,you have to poke around (coat hangar wire or something) under dash on side panel,might be easier to try and feed
wire from inside door through pillar and then through wall of side panel,open door wide and you should see a sheeth or some kind of conduit
this is where the wires are housed. Good luck,you can do it.

creeker
12-06-08, 07:07 PM
I think I would go for feeding coat hangar wire through the door access
conduit,you probably will have to drill a small hole in side wall,up from where your foot would rest,the big break through is to get the coat hanger wire through side wall,and then tape new wire to it, and pull it back,I think I even cut the accordian type sheeth to find the wires,it's
picky but it can be done.

Eldorado192
12-06-08, 08:09 PM
thanks ill remember that, the back ones didnt take much but it takes patience, modding.

gostlrs
12-07-08, 03:17 AM
they make a harness that will jumper the amp..cost 15 bucks and saves u all the time...

Eldorado192
12-07-08, 08:23 AM
i would rather not use any of the old wiring. one little mistake in wiring and its hell as i hear for the stupid computer. so sure it will take some time to do the new wiring but its deffiently worth it. i absolutely hate bose and i dont understand why they cant be simple. of course they make it difficult for people. its alot easier to put a new system then trying to make good with old wiring.

creeker
12-07-08, 12:02 PM
i would rather not use any of the old wiring. one little mistake in wiring and its hell as i hear for the stupid computer. so sure it will take some time to do the new wiring but its deffiently worth it. i absolutely hate bose and i dont understand why they cant be simple. of course they make it difficult for people. its alot easier to put a new system then trying to make good with old wiring.

That's what I suggested,and that's what he's doing.

Eldorado192
12-07-08, 02:52 PM
Creeker, everything was a sucess, it took me 3 days, probably could have been shortened to a day if it wasnt so cold out.

Day one- was headunit powering
Day two- Rear 6 x 9 mounting and wiring
Day three front 6' 1/2 in the front and wiring, clean up and jam!

Creeker i would like to thank you alot. it surely took some time but its completely done.

So if anyone is reading, if you have a crappy bose and you wanna upgrade it is possible. all you have to do is rewire. its not hard but it takes some thinking in which ways you wanna go.

This was only a 90 dollar job. (the sony Xplode bundle) Head unit, 300watt rear 6 x 9 and 190watt 6-1/2. and it came with remote, Hat, and aux cable

creeker
12-07-08, 03:22 PM
Creeker, everything was a sucess, it took me 3 days, probably could have been shortened to a day if it wasnt so cold out.

Day one- was headunit powering
Day two- Rear 6 x 9 mounting and wiring
Day three front 6' 1/2 in the front and wiring, clean up and jam!

Creeker i would like to thank you alot. it surely took some time but its completely done.

So if anyone is reading, if you have a crappy bose and you wanna upgrade it is possible. all you have to do is rewire. its not hard but it takes some thinking in which ways you wanna go.

This was only a 90 dollar job. (the sony Xplode bundle) Head unit, 300watt rear 6 x 9 and 190watt 6-1/2. and it came with remote, Hat, and aux cable

Your welcome,glad it turned out o.k.,where do you live,I'll cruise down and you can buy me a beer.

Eldorado192
12-07-08, 03:38 PM
good old Pennsylvania. ill get some pictures.

creeker
12-07-08, 03:51 PM
good old Pennsylvania. ill get some pictures.

Wow! $90.00, good deal.It'll be awhile (probably never) that I would be down your way,quite a ways from my place.

Eldorado192
12-07-08, 04:46 PM
Creeker, you can buy it from walmart. i dont know if there is a walmart around there in canada, i could imagine. hah

go on walmarts website. it is one hell of a deal. the only thing im not liking is the front 190 watt 6-1/2 im gonna put my 220watt ones in and see if there are a difference.