: No power to sig lighters and rear doors do not lock and unlock

1class
11-26-08, 02:34 PM
troubleshooting 04' ESV

no power to sig lighters, also rear doors and back door lock do not work.

I have check fuse for SIG and they are ok, But I am not sure if it missing fuse blocks in the driver side fuse panel. :confused:

Attached are pic, If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks,

93si
11-26-08, 04:42 PM
The fuse you need to check is under the hood fuse panel

whosurpopi
11-26-08, 09:39 PM
My cig lighter did the same thing, fuse under hood was blown.

1class
11-26-08, 10:15 PM
I have checked there also the "sig fuse 15a" it is fine.

Should I be checking another place for the doors? or is it a fuse block maybe?

The pics I posted at the top of this thread, are they showing a missing fuse?

I do not know what needs to be there, I purchased this vehicle that way.

This is driving me :bonkers:

1class
11-29-08, 12:48 PM
No reply on the fuse question :( for inside door panel....?

I double checked and found that I have power inside the console plug :)

1class
11-30-08, 06:07 PM
Hey forum, :alchi:

would anyone be so kind and please take a look at their door fuse panel and let me know if I am missing any fuses.

I have placed pics of mine for reference.

Thank you

Lu Scola
11-30-08, 10:47 PM
Ill try to remember to take a pic of my fuse box and post it tommorrow. I have alot of wiring in there so it may be a little hard to see, but Ill do my best to get a good pic for ya. Im not 100% positive, but I think there are more fuses/blocks in there than what you have pictured above.

1class
12-01-08, 08:38 AM
Lu if you would that would be cool man, this way I may finally figure out what is going on.

Thanks will look for them.

1class
12-04-08, 06:51 PM
Ill try to remember to take a pic of my fuse box and post it tommorrow. I have alot of wiring in there so it may be a little hard to see, but Ill do my best to get a good pic for ya. Im not 100% positive, but I think there are more fuses/blocks in there than what you have pictured above.

Hey Lu did you get a chance to look? I know you run a busy shop and short with time but as you can see you the forum has limitations :rolleyes:

ESCALADOR
12-04-08, 07:21 PM
Whats up 1class....
this is from my 05. If they are the same it looks like you are missing some things...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/jlloyd5666/DSCN0635-1.jpg

1class
12-04-08, 08:44 PM
Hey ESCALADOR

your the man :bows: I had a hunch something was missing but did not know for sure since that is they way it was when I purchased it.

From your pics it looks like I need to pay a visit to the local automotive store and purchase some fuses.

Thanks again man for the responce. :) :thumbsup:

ESCALADOR
12-04-08, 09:01 PM
looks like your missing the 2 blocks... let us know how it goes

1class
12-04-08, 10:35 PM
Just got back from Manasass, visited 3 parts stores and they all told me to go to the dealer :ill: :(

The plan now is to call local GM dealer tomorrow and see what help I can get on tracking down the Fuse or Relays or what ever they are.

I am now wondering why they are missing. Were they taken out to cover something else. :sneaky:

Keep you posted.

Thanks Escalador

ESCALADOR
12-05-08, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I think when I had my Yukon one of those relays went bad and I had to go to a dealer to get a new one. Try Dudley Martin there on Sudley. They have a good service and part center from what I have experienced. Its been awhile but I think those damn things cost around $15 a piece!

1class
12-05-08, 05:56 PM
Well, after a long process,
The local Cadillac and another GM dealer could not confirm the part number for the door locks relays; “since I did not have the originals” :eek:
The manufacture of the vehicle could not confirm what relay I needed. :eek::eek: and double :eek:

I opened the fuse panel in the engine compartment took out a relay that looked close to the pics you sent ESCALADOR and went to the first parts store that said they had some relays. The counter person was kind enough to let me look at all the relays so I matched a five prong unit with one that looked like it would fit. Plugged 2 one for lock and the other for unlock in and they WORK!!!! :thumbsup:

If anyone gives a flying rats A_ _ on what I used it was:
STANDARD part # RY232 $ 24 bucks.
The Dealer relay was $59 each but they could not be certain that it was the right one. :shocked2:

Many thanks ESCALADOR :thumbsup: for helping out, I now have functioning door locks.

ESCALADOR
12-05-08, 06:30 PM
That's interesting that they could not confirm what relays go into there own cars :confused: Sounds more like they didnt feel like working today:alchi:

Anyway glad you got it working...How bout the cig lighter?

1class
12-05-08, 09:48 PM
Hey going to do some preventive maintenance :) tomorrow and planning on checking all the outlets and making sure the all work and see if anything has changed since the install of these relays. Keep you posted.

While I was out running around today, I also purchased Mobile1 75-140 Synthetic Gear Lube to do the front DIF and Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF for the Transfer Case.

Thanks to the sticky by Patrick7997 :cool: at the top of this forum, I think it would be good to do since my ride has 63K on it and I do not know if the oil has been changed.

Thanks, Escalador

1class
12-14-08, 09:31 PM
Update report....all door locks have been working for over a week. it would seem that regular relays have fixed the problem :)

Front sig lighter in ash tray does't work :mad: however inside the CD holder center console it works.

Not sure why one works and the other does not. If anyone has any ideas or has had that happen to them let me know, and how you fixed it.

Thanks.