: Looking for good reference material

Dave in Michigan
11-26-08, 10:07 AM
I just joined this group, and I suspect there is a wealth of info out there somewhere. I just aquired a 1974 Fleetwood 75 sedan, and want to get some good reference material and maybe a good repair manual. I won this car at a raffle, and fell in love with it at once. It is in very good shape, but there are little things I need to fix. Where do I look? Thanks

jayoldschool
11-26-08, 01:02 PM
The BEST source of information on your car, and how to fix everything is the Factory Service Manual (known as the "FSM"). You will find originals on ebay for 20-60 bucks, and they are worth every penny...

75sled
11-26-08, 01:08 PM
They offer the Shop manual and the Body manual on ebay resonably priced (about $40) on CD. At first I didn't think I would like it on CD but since I got mine I have printed the entire manual. However, I find myself looking thru them on the computer then reprinting the pages I need for the task at hand. I have a 75 Coupe DeVille that uses the same manuals as the '74 but with additional manuals that cover the differences in the two.

BTW, you must post pics. That sounds like an awesome prize.

Dave in Michigan
11-26-08, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the info. I will look into the CD manual. I will also try to figure out how to post pictures and do that. Thanks again!