: Anyone heard of the Mini E?

Night Wolf
11-25-08, 07:45 PM
100% electric car, saw an artical in the newspaper about it. 100-150 mile range, which makes the Volt's 40-mile range look pathetic, but still, a gen 2 EV1 had a 150-mile range.... either way... still interesting.

http://www.miniusa.com/#/learn/minimalism/MINIE-m

* Interesting read here too....

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/jay_leno_garage/4215940.html

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-25-08, 07:49 PM
I think I saw an ad for it somewhere, other than that, it's news to me.

I love Minis though...such a cool compact car...so much personality and charm, along with great build quality and plenty of high end features.

Night Wolf
11-25-08, 08:35 PM
Yeah, the Mini has really grown on me... mostly in part because it is built by BMW and as such, despite being FWD, is said to share many of the same fun-to-drive characteristics as my E30, which I have now come to fully apperciate and enjoy. It's a shame the convertible version dosen't look that good, I don't mind the hardtop, but with avalible convertible.... it would be hard to pass that up. Honestly if I had to buy a brand new car right now, it would be between the Sky Redline and Cooper S.... would have to drive both, Sky would probably win tho. I would like to drive a Cooper S w/ manual trans... who knows what may end up in the driveway one day.

danbuc
11-25-08, 09:23 PM
We've got one down in the workshop up where I work (BMW NA corporate headquarters to be exact). They just set the 3 man support team for them up a few cubicles away..nice guys. Interesting little car, but kind of pointless...might as well drive a diesel.

ted tcb
11-25-08, 10:08 PM
Yeah, except our way, diesel commands a 20 cent per litre premium ... think an extra $1 per gallon!

I would be outraged if I was a VW TDI owner, or trucker.
Its a cheaper fuel to refine, yet the cost at the pump has been kept much higher than regular gas.

Sandy
11-25-08, 10:57 PM
I do not care for the tiny size of it, nor the style of it. What I do abmire about it - is that they offer all of the high line cars optional luxuxy features. Like features on Cadillac, Lincolns, BMWs and Infiniti. To me, that is just great!
So. I like the 'Vert better than the Coupe, so I tried something. I priced out the highest model in MSRLP and then added EVERY OPTION ! Now, if an option was an "and/or .... I added the more expensive option.....so.... the retail list price totaled $46,000. Same price as my 2003 Town Car, with a 5-star safety rating.
:histeric:

Night Wolf
11-25-08, 11:47 PM
Several have mentioned about the Mini having options and features of much more expensive cars..... what are they?

A $46k Mini.... yeah, I don't think there are many of those around.... but with that said... the Town Car has a purpose, and the Mini has a purpose... if one is seeking the driving enjoyment of the Mini, they are not going to shop for Town Cars, if one is seeking the passenger/luggage space of the Town Car, they are not going to shop for Mini's.....

So my stance is... buy used and get both, for much less, which is what I did ;)

Blackout
11-26-08, 06:11 AM
Mini E's can only be had for 1 year leases I believe. On top of which the monthly payment for it is over $900 a month. So screw that!

LS1Mike
11-26-08, 07:42 AM
900 Dollars? Holy Sh*t. I could drive my WS6 with my foot to the floor going EVERYWHERE and not spend that much.

Blackout
11-26-08, 08:15 AM
900 Dollars? Holy Sh*t. I could drive my WS6 with my foot to the floor going EVERYWHERE and not spend that much.

I'm sorry. It was only $850 http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/11/06/mini-e-will-reportedly-cost-850-month-for-one-year-lease/ thanks but no thanks!

LS1Mike
11-26-08, 09:02 AM
Still, 850 bucks a month, hey I care about the trees and saving some gas, but they have to make it worth to me.
I pay 189 bucks a month for my Equinox. I could have four of them and gas money left over.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-26-08, 10:37 AM
Several have mentioned about the Mini having options and features of much more expensive cars..... what are they?

On the Cooper S:

Leather seats, automatic climate control, impeccable fit and finish, xenon headlights, headlight washers, dynamic stability control, a "sport" button that changes throttle and steering calibration, LED lighting, color adjustable ambient lighting, four different choices of interior trim (wood, aluminium, carbon fiber, leather, etc etc), service interval indicator (just like your BMW), the list goes on and on.

It's basically most of the luxuries of a nice BMW, in a compact car.