: Ex-Evo owner thinking of CTS-V

gsx-lex
11-25-08, 02:56 PM
Gentlemen, I am new to these forums, and I am new to the world of V8 power. After ALOT of unwanted attention, I've decided to get rid of my Evo VIII and Will start looking for a CTS-V. My family has always been a "Cadillac" family, and I'm seriously considering keeping the tradition. As will all my big purchases, I like to do research before spending money, so I've registered here in order to get a feel for what these cars are and what to look for in a used one. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks
-Lex

Lord Cadillac
11-25-08, 03:34 PM
Welcome aboard, Lex.. Thank you for signing up.. I think I know what you mean about the unwanted attention.. When I had my Vette, I couldn't stop at ANY light without people wanting to race me. That got old.. Is that what you mean? Otherwise, the CTS-V is a great car. Which year are you looking to buy?

gsx-lex
11-25-08, 03:42 PM
Well I'm not sure what the differences are between the different years. I'm looking at the 2004-2007 body style. Any suggestions?

CIWS
11-26-08, 12:07 AM
Well I'm not sure what the differences are between the different years. I'm looking at the 2004-2007 body style. Any suggestions?

04 and 05 have the LS6 engine. 06 and 07 have the LS2.

Black and silver paint in all years. Redline changed to Infrared in 06, and Stealth Gray to Thunder Gray in 07. Late 05s thru 07 have the digital packages standard for Onstar/XM.

All questions can probably be answered in the 04-07 CTS-V forum :) :welcome: