: Ordered my Blackberry Storm on Saturday

CBVLS6
11-25-08, 01:45 PM
Well with all the hype its no surprise that Verizon had people practically rioting outside their stores when their allotment of Storms sold out, many before the actual stores were even properly open for business. I avoiding this whole fiasco and just ordered it through verizon, I mean it is just another cell phone, how badly do you need it?

Ended up paying $150 for it after VIP discount, whatever that is, and my rebates on my account without extending the contract, which I thought way fairly cheap. Apparently there were so many orders that those who made the order by 12pm last Friday will have their phones shipped by the 25th, those who got their order in after 2pm will get their phones shipped before the 5th of December, and those like myself who ordered their phones on Saturday will have to wait to the 15th of December. My question is how in the hell did Verizon not see this coming after deliberately hyping the phone for over a month? Perhaps this is all part of the game:bigroll:

Coma
11-25-08, 02:50 PM
This phone is interesting to me and I really want to try it out at a store. Since I'm on T-Mobile, I could buy it at Verizon and literally use it on T-Mobile since it has quad band GSM capabilities. Totally cool. Just call Verizon and say I'm gonna be using it overseas, they will unlock it for you. It's only 499 for the phone.

But my trusty Nokia N82 is still working great, just getting old. Nothing can beat it's camera capabilities though!

Let us know how it is!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-25-08, 03:22 PM
This phone is interesting to me and I really want to try it out at a store. Since I'm on T-Mobile, I could buy it at Verizon and literally use it on T-Mobile since it has quad band GSM capabilities.

No you can't because Verizon does not use SIM cards in their phones, but T-Mobile does. I have T-Mobile and I would really like to have a Google phone but the phone itself is expensive and the plan needed to support all its features is even more. A person at work has one and it is freakin sweet. Its like an I-Phone but better because underneath the screen it has an actual keyboard so it is easier to type with.

Coma
11-25-08, 03:38 PM
Actually, the Storm has both CDMA and GSM capabilities. It actually has a SIM card in it, and you can use it on any GSM network.

This has been confirmed working (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1463850) on T-Mobile from a guy on Howard Forums. I've seen other phones on Sprint/Verizon/Alltel that use SIM cards.

gary88
11-25-08, 04:19 PM
:cloud9: iPhone 3G :cloud9:

CBVLS6
11-25-08, 04:23 PM
Actually, the Storm has both CDMA and GSM capabilities. It actually has a SIM card in it, and you can use it on any GSM network.

This has been confirmed working (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1463850) on T-Mobile from a guy on Howard Forums. I've seen other phones on Sprint/Verizon/Alltel that use SIM cards.

^^^ yeah, he's right

The Tony Show
11-25-08, 04:45 PM
Hi-tech phones. :pwn:

All I care about is getting my calls and not having them drop. I already own a camera and computer. It's surprising I feel this way since I'm usually an early adopter of new tech toys (DVD, Blu-Ray, HD TV, etc), but I've played with some co-workers' iPhones and Storms and failed to be "wowed".

thebigjimsho
11-25-08, 08:29 PM
My laptop is on and with me 90% of the time so even though I have an HTC Mogul and find these new phones fascinating, I really don't need them.

nikon
11-25-08, 10:42 PM
I'll stick with my touch pro....windows mobile has had the clicky noise when you touch the screen for years....BB is a little late to the game.

CIWS
11-25-08, 11:12 PM

:yeah:

I had a Samsung international phone through Verizon that was CDMA and had a sim card for use in certain areas. That was a couple of years ago.

hueterm
11-25-08, 11:39 PM
I still like Windows Mobile devices for the seamless Outlook sync -- and the fact that I'll never have to type numbers into a phone again.....