: Installing new CD player in 1999 Cadillac Deville

booty900
11-24-08, 08:50 PM
I am 17 and have a 1999 Cadillac Deville. It has the factory stereo installed and that is just a cassette player.

I took the car to Circuit City to have it installed but they said they could not do it. They said they would have to rewire the whole car because the factory stereo is connected to a computer thing that helps the car run. They said that other places could do it but would cost over $500. So I went online and found out that I could buy an adapter that tricks the car in to thinking that the factory stereo is installed. I found a site called installer. They gave me a whole page for the 1999 Deville. I would post links to the site but I am not allowed.

What do I need to install a CD player in my car. The two adapters they have are the GMOS-06 and the GMRC-03

I don't know what one I need. I don't have on star and it is not a Bose system. So which one do I need? Also what else do I need? I know I need a dash kit and an antenna adapter but do I need anything else? Thanks.

CadillacSTS42005
11-24-08, 09:45 PM
gmrc-03

if your by Pittsburgh pa ill install it for you

booty900
11-24-08, 09:58 PM
I just read on these forums that the GMRC-03 has problems with the 99 Deville. It is something to do with going into sleep mode? Should I buy the GMOS-06 instead? thanks

CadillacSTS42005
11-24-08, 10:11 PM
yea
if you have an amp and bose buy it
since you dont no it wont work

what CC said is the only way to fix it you must relocate the stock hu into the trunk
get tied on, this isnt a 80s Caviler

booty900
11-24-08, 10:16 PM
OK thanks for your help. I think I am just going to stick with my FM transmitter and an Ipod.

chumly.fernando
06-12-10, 11:19 PM
Hi, my family bought a 1998 Deville in August, 2008 and it is by far our favorite car. The ride is brilliant and the car has great acceleration, but we've had our engine overheat twice since then, most recently yesterday. The first time it overheated was last December where the engine got so hot the mechanic said that the gaskets had been pulled apart, or something to that effect; the car had then begun to leak coolant into the engine and it would shutter when we started which is when the problem came to our attention and had to get it replaced. Yesterday the car had a "Engine Overheat - Pull over and idle" error and when we went to put coolant in the car it needed an extra 1 1/2 gallons! It had given us a check coolant alarm ONCE 2 weeks ago and we had checked and there was no coolant problem. When we took it to our mechanic, they checked out the engine and thankfully there was not such problem this time and supposedly everything is fine. Our car now has only about 77k miles on it and I was wondering, how best would we be able to extend the life of our car. My dad bought it for my birthday and it broke down both times in HIS care. We usually replace coolant and oil ourselves. Our "new" engine has a 12k mile warrenty so we have about 9k left. Thanks

SPreston2001
06-14-10, 05:09 AM
Chumly your posting in the wrong section. This is the AUDIO section. For engine problems post in the Deville or Northstar Performance section.

chumly.fernando
07-25-10, 02:34 AM
My apologies, I don't understand how I miss read that title, sorry for the inconvenience.