: CTS-V watch

jeffgtx
06-23-04, 10:11 PM
I will post this here since the CTs-V Watch sub thread isn;t ready yet :)

i got one for christmas, (yes it has taken me 6 months to work up the courage to post)...

mine is silver. don;t they look black in teh picture? anybody else have one? did they know that my V on order was platinum and so they made me a silver one?

just one for curiousity. i dont think wearing the V watch adds any HP so might not be of interest to some...

JJOC
06-23-04, 11:59 PM
Unless the advertising was different when you got yours, there's no way today it should be anything but BLACK. To start with, it's called a Skagen Denmark Black Titanium Watch. Plus, the descriptive copy says it has a "black mesh band" and a "two-tone black" dial. And you're right, it looks black in the picture too. Even if you own a silver V, I don't know how you'd get a silver watch today!

rabid
06-24-04, 06:23 PM
I was thinking about getting the watch, but when I read "Two-Tone Black Dial", I think what they were referring to is the grey corners shown in the picture below. I would not want that then. But, I am not sure; I am just guessing.

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~cascioli/watch_1.JPG

rabid
06-24-04, 06:25 PM
At first I thought it was the angle of the faces, and those two corners gave a different light reflection of black even though the face was one color.

JJOC
06-24-04, 07:01 PM
I've ordered one but haven't received it yet. I expect two of the quadrants are grey also, but I'll let you know when it arrives.

miscreant
06-24-04, 08:01 PM
It's black *titanium* color. Key here is that the black is a descriptor for the tint of the titanium. Black Titanium is a dark bronzish-silver.
http://images.sharperimage.com.edgesuite.net/all/en/images/products/SK975-PIP.JPG

DgtalPimp
06-24-04, 08:08 PM
To steal from cal How many rwhp do you gain by wearing the watch?

Dgtal

soon to V
06-24-04, 08:54 PM
My wife gave me one for Father's day. The off color quadrants only show up in certain light reflections. I actually would like them to show up a little more as they simulate a type of rough nuclear symbol. Suffice it to say this is a nice watch. Wonder if anyone will notice it this weekend at Mid Ohio where the CTS-V's will be running! :) Think the car is a sleeper, this one is really a sleeper! (This "V" is turning me into a brand geek) I also got another gift this week from Cadillac; this one was a small metal calander/picture holder. First gift was some golf time with a PGA Pro. I passed since it would require him to wear a helmet since I'm no golfer! Nice gester though.

Cal
06-24-04, 09:15 PM
You gain a lot of tail looking in the window. Gotta roll the tints down for that though.

jeffgtx
06-24-04, 09:27 PM
I don;t have off color quadrants. i have like a mesh effect. i suppose i need to post a pic now...

i did not gain any RWHP, however i do notive that my shifts are quicker becasue of the aerodynamic face. my other watch has to much drag from 1st to 2nd.

Ralph
06-25-04, 02:42 AM
As long as it's as accurate and reliable as the Lexus watch, I'd buy one. :D

T_Dogg8
06-25-04, 08:06 AM
My wife gave me one for Father's day. The off color quadrants only show up in certain light reflections. I actually would like them to show up a little more as they simulate a type of rough nuclear symbol. Suffice it to say this is a nice watch. Wonder if anyone will notice it this weekend at Mid Ohio where the CTS-V's will be running! :) Think the car is a sleeper, this one is really a sleeper! (This "V" is turning me into a brand geek) I also got another gift this week from Cadillac; this one was a small metal calander/picture holder. First gift was some golf time with a PGA Pro. I passed since it would require him to wear a helmet since I'm no golfer! Nice gester though.
man....you get offered any more rounds with PGA pros or any other gifts you don't want, just send them my way!! :D

thebigjimsho
06-25-04, 07:31 PM
I don't know where everyone has been getting theirs but that little advertised price is WAYYYYYY to much.

I've been meaning to get one off the cadillac.com website for around $100.

rabid
06-25-04, 08:20 PM
I don't know where everyone has been getting theirs but that little advertised price is WAYYYYYY to much.

I've been meaning to get one off the cadillac.com website for around $100.
What little advertised price?

Oooooohhhhhh, the one on the left. Yeah, they want like $170 or something. The one I saw was for $110 from cadillac I think.

06-26-04, 12:41 PM
Be careful; I heard that the voltage supplied to the quartz crystal was wrong....resulting in the wrong reading on the time gauge. We are all anxiously awaiting the software reflash.......

Doug

JJOC
06-26-04, 12:42 PM
My watch arrived yesterday. It is definitely BLACK, both the band and the face. The two-tone is evident only some of the time, depending on how the light is hittiing it. I think it's attractive. Very light weight too, which I particularly like. Too early to tell how well it keeps time.

Not that it's that important, but the watch is not made in Denmark (made in Japan). It's only designed by Skagen Denmark. For $170 I think it's worth it -- and I've noticed my V does seem to go faster when I wear it. Cal was right!

2004ctsv
06-26-04, 12:46 PM
My watch arrived yesterday. It is definitely BLACK, both the band and the face. The two-tone is evident only some of the time, depending on how the light is hittiing it. I think it's attractive. Very light weight too, which I particularly like. Too early to tell how well it keeps time.

Not that it's that important, but the watch is not made in Denmark (made in Japan). It's only designed by Skagen Denmark. For $170 I think it's worth it -- and I've noticed my V does seem to go faster when I wear it. Cal was right!
I hope you weren't timing it with your new watch:D

DgtalPimp
06-26-04, 12:46 PM
-- and I've noticed my V does seem to go faster when I wear it. Cal was right!
Maybe Cadillac put a proximity switch in the car, that allow a little less restrictive breathing if the watch is near.

Dgtal

Katndnvr
06-27-04, 10:54 AM
Where the hell are the women's watchs?
I can't wear that big thing on my little arm...
As James Brown says "Its a man's world but it won't be nothing without a women or a girl":shhh:

Z06CTSV
06-27-04, 11:59 AM
Hi all,

Stupid question. I can't find the Cadillac store?

Thanks,
Joe
New Orleans

StealthV
06-27-04, 12:42 PM
Caddy stuff http://www.cadillaccollection.com/

V specific http://www.cadillaccollection.com/category_display.php?cat=sporting&subcat=V-SERIES

V watch http://www.cadillaccollection.com/display.php?cat=sporting&subcat=V-SERIES&page=2&model=CC2705

Z06CTSV
06-27-04, 02:26 PM
Thanks...