11-24-08, 09:45 AM
I tried to install my 05 touchscreen saterday while Waiting for the guy who was meeting me with my new bumper. The thing locked me out quicker then an amish girl. The screen said theft lock activated. I called around to the dealers to get a price to unlock (between $50 and $90) but they told me I had to have the radio in the car. So I just went out, put it back in, and it works like a charm. It is very interesting that it went from locked to unlock after the first install.
11-24-08, 11:50 AM
To TEMPORARILY bypass theftlock do the following
1) Turn key to ACC position ( not run)
2) Wait for "theftlock" screen to appear
3) Pull radio fuse
4) Put radio fuse back in
5) Radio will work as normal until key is turned off or vehicle is started
11-24-08, 11:51 AM
Document ID# 1275527
Radio Setup (With RPO UM8)
Radio Theftlock Clear Procedure
Complete the following procedure, using a scan tool, in order to properly set up communication:
1. At the Main Menu screen, select: Diagnostics.
2. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following options:
* Model Year
* LD Trk, MPV, Incomplete
3. At the System Selection Menu screen, select: Body
4. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following:
* Appropriate model
* Appropriate Air Conditioning
* Navigation Radio
5. At the Body Screen, select: Navigation Radio.
6. At the Radio screen, select: Special Functions.
7. At the Special Functions screen, select: VIN Relearn.
8. At the VIN Relearn screen, the scan tool will display "Do you want to clear radio theft information?"
9. To begin clearing, press the soft touch key on the top right of the scan tool. The scan tool will display "Clearing Radio Theft in Progress."
10. Press EXIT on the scan tool and cycle the ignition.
Important: The radio theft will learn the VIN. Without learning the VIN, the radio will display a locked message (LOC or LOCKED).
11-24-08, 04:23 PM
My good fortune was short lived. The next time I started the truck, the theftlock came on. I took it to a local gm dealer who cleared it for $30. It works great now, but the Nav thinks I am in canada, near detroit, when I am in Florida.
11-24-08, 04:45 PM
Push config button and make sure the zone ( Area ) is set correctly.
11-25-08, 04:29 PM
I did the config the other day, but what I didnt realize was I had to physically move the curser to my location, then point the arrow the way my car was facing. It now works perfect without putting a nav antenna in.