: My first

Sys-Ex
11-24-08, 06:52 AM
Hello,

I just signed up for the forum and wanted to say hi. I just picked up my first ever Cadillac and can't wait to start messing around with it. I haven't actually seen it in person yet, but I feel pretty confident that I've found a good car.

I'm in the USAF currently stationed in Italy. I'll be moving back to the states next month. The car is in Michigan where my family is from, and I'll be driving it from Michigan to Montana in Jan. My dad and unckle went to look at it for me and both say that it's a beautiful car that shouldn't give me any problems on the road trip. I can't wait to see for myself.

The guy I bought it from bought it new in 1970, and has babied it ever since. He said he used to drive it as a daily driver until the late 80's, had it repainted around 1990 and has kept in a pole barn ever since. He only takes it out in the summer on nice days. He needs the extra room in his barn for his tracktor collection, so he let me have it for $2,000.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions when I figure out which direction I want to take the project.

Keith

RightTurn
11-24-08, 09:20 AM
WOW, what a beauty!! Congrats and :welcome: to the forum. Thank you for your service to our country. :salute:

Ranger
11-24-08, 12:14 PM
:welcome:
WOW! Nice car. Sweet deal.

:patriot:
Thanks for your service.

billc83
11-24-08, 12:52 PM
Welcome! That car truly was a steal, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you get back home!

Rolex
11-24-08, 01:51 PM
:shocked2: Holy cow that's a beautiful car! You got it for a steal at 2K too. Nice work man! :cheers:

Jesda
11-24-08, 02:19 PM
WOW! I love it.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-24-08, 03:32 PM
Beauty of a car and a steal as well. :)

orconn
11-24-08, 04:12 PM
My aunt had one just like it back in the mid-eighties. I drove it back and forth from LA to Scottsdale on many occasions. Agreat car for the wide open spaces of the West. Great front seats for comforatble long rides!
Welcome to the Forum!

Kick94sts
11-25-08, 12:35 AM
wow thats a beautiful car!

AlBundy
11-25-08, 01:35 AM
I LOVE it...and BTW

:welcome5::welcomeJimmyH::welcome5:

danbuc
11-25-08, 09:43 AM
Georgeous! Good luck with it, looks like one hell of a ride.:thumbsup: