: How many of you are holding out for the V2 coupe?

CSX
11-22-08, 04:15 AM
While I'm sure the coupe will be the better performing of the two models (coupe and sedan), as much as I've looked at the CTS coupe concept from all angles, I simply cannot get excited about the design. To me, the rear end looks high and somewhat stodgy. In contrast, I think the sedan's lines are close to perfect. Thus, despite the fact that I don't have a family, nor do I have a particular need to haul people around, I plan on springing for the sedan.

Of course, now that I've said this, when official V2 coupe pictures are released, they'll probably be remarkable and I'll have to eat crow for posting this. http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

tblack
11-22-08, 05:56 AM
I agree.

For the coupe to be perfect they have to do somethig with that rear end styling. It just doesn't look right. I'm pretty torn with waiting for the coupe or getting the sedan

jasaero
11-22-08, 12:01 PM
V wagon ALL THE WAY!! Still have my fingers crossed anyhow and ain't buying nothing until the V Wagon is confirmed one way or another.

concorso
11-22-08, 12:20 PM
CSX, dont judge the car based on pictures. Like any car, you have to see it in person to get an idea for proportions. I thought it looked goofy in pictures from car shows, but I know that most of the photographers at car shows are using wide angle lenses, which means from up close, the lines will be completely thrown off. I wanted the sedan, until I saw the coupe in person at a car show.

Id bet the performance should be almost identical...coupes based off sedans generally are not that much lighter. That being said, a fully loaded sedan with panoramic roof and 6spdauto will probably be about 300+ lbs heavier then a CoupeV with manual and normal roof.

JEM
11-22-08, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't want the coupe even if it looked like a Lotus Elise. Not enough doors, not enough usable space.

If you're going to buy something that's nominally a two-seater, or a two-plus-two, you might as well buy something designed for that role from scratch.

The wagon would be a nice idea, but what I've seen of the CTS wagon thus far doesn't look very promising for general utility.

xwing1
11-22-08, 12:59 PM
I want the Coupe JUST like it is--but with 556hp!!!
It is PERFECT... saw it at Chicago Auto show and...INCREDIBLY beautiful tough class car!
EXACTLY the right number of doors, plenty of usable space (for more, my 13 second GMC 2500HD Duramax Extended Cab Longbed is great).

I am holding out for the 2 door coupe. It will be a little lighter in weight, faster, handle a bit better than the also great 4 door CTS-V, but I just do NOT want the stigma of "4 door family car older guy" yet
:)

Woody_MI
11-24-08, 01:26 AM
Insider news told me they built a few coupes, but with the current state of the General it has been shelved for now...

Jon
11-24-08, 02:08 AM
When I get one, it'll be the sedan. I like it better than the coupe.

CIWS
11-24-08, 10:16 AM
No V wagon, too much alteration to make it worth the cost. V Coupe was supposed to be coming, but with the state of GM right now, it's in serious doubt. Standard coupe is delayed / on hold.

The 09 V sedan may be it folks.

jasaero
11-24-08, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't want the coupe even if it looked like a Lotus Elise. Not enough doors, not enough usable space.

If you're going to buy something that's nominally a two-seater, or a two-plus-two, you might as well buy something designed for that role from scratch.

The wagon would be a nice idea, but what I've seen of the CTS wagon thus far doesn't look very promising for general utility.

The wagon should be way better for general utility than the sedan, JUST by being a wagon. Know what you mean though.

jasaero
11-24-08, 10:43 AM
No V wagon, too much alteration to make it worth the cost. V Coupe was supposed to be coming, but with the state of GM right now, it's in serious doubt. Standard coupe is delayed / on hold.

The 09 V sedan may be it folks.

Doesn't have to happen right away for me. Even if it comes from some chinese owned version of Cadillac!

LITTLEELVISDAN
11-25-08, 11:16 AM
Coupe for me please..... already have a 4 door V I need a 2 door as well in the driveway...:D