: I just purchase an o5 touchsreen for my 04 ext

whosurpopi
11-21-08, 06:53 PM
Is there a safe way to remove the plastic trim around the radio? And I am assuming the theft lock will kick in, so how much does a dealer charge to unlock it?

g9s8r
11-22-08, 01:24 PM
which plastic trim? removal of these gm factory decks are really easy IMO. Are you referring to the plastic facia that goes around the gauge cluster, radio and climate control? And I believe, I am not sure but, doesn't the theft lock have to be programed?

whosurpopi
11-22-08, 07:38 PM
I just swapped them out, and the new one went into theft mode. Does anybody know if it is easier for the shops to unlock them installed in the car, or out of the car?

mikracer
11-28-08, 07:00 PM
The unit needs to be installed so the dealer can clear it via their Tech II tool. Most dealers should be able to do assuming they know what they are doing. A Chevy dealer in my town doesnt know how to do it, so they wouldnt do it for me.

ylwjacket
11-28-08, 07:23 PM
can you do that with efi live?

whosurpopi
11-28-08, 11:25 PM
I tried a gmc, cadi, and chevy dealer who all made it sound like brain surgery. I ended up at a buick dealer with a guy that was not the school valedictorian, who fixed it in 30 seconds. I gave the guy a dollar for every second he spent, and we both parted ways very happy.

1class
12-01-08, 06:28 PM
I tried a gmc, cadi, and chevy dealer who all made it sound like brain surgery. I ended up at a buick dealer with a guy that was not the school valedictorian, who fixed it in 30 seconds. I gave the guy a dollar for every second he spent, and we both parted ways very happy.

whosurpopi, you definitely made me chuckle the way you described it. :)

whosurpopi
12-01-08, 07:48 PM
I try.