: Canadian Pricing Specifics Inside

Boostin'
11-21-08, 03:09 PM
Got a call from my local dealer today with pricing specifics on a car I'd spec'd out:

Can $$$

Base: 68,500
Destination: 1,420
Federal A/C Tax: 100
6-speed auto: 1,700 (yes it's extra $$$!)
Recaro Seats: 3,910 (includes "sport" pedals :bigroll: )
Bose 5.1 + Nav: 4,015
Black Raven paint: $0

Grand Total Can$79,645.

Some other options which I didn't spec (prices aprx, memory is shot *L*)

Dual pane sunroof ~1,800
Alcantara steering wheel ~385
Polished wheels ~850

Order banks for Canadians are now open too and as my sales rep said, prices are negotiable :thumbsup:

caddynoob
11-21-08, 04:27 PM
Thanks, very useful and helpful information. Pretty much the same spec as I will order mine. I will go for Alcantara steering wheel for sure, but I am not sure if I will order the 5.1 sound system with navigation.

Razorecko
11-21-08, 09:31 PM
Yea i just got a U.s. Sales consultant detail book from the dealer where i put my deposit in and the manual comes as the standard transmission so the auto is extra $$$$

mgscustomtune
11-21-08, 10:38 PM
Minus my 15% GM Discount plus a little wheeling and Dealing hmmmmm should be able to get them around $55,000.00 My Buddy just picked up a D Max list $76,000.00 with every option for $50,000.00 out the Door remember this is Canadian Prices

tblack
11-22-08, 12:04 AM
$50k? You think so?

I have a GM discount too and my build came around $79k too.

The dealer I spoke with said they wanted full list price less my GM discount.

Do you think you could get one under $60K?

concorso
11-22-08, 12:55 AM
Boostin', Im curious why you got the Recaro's but not the velvety wheel? If it is Alcantara, and you dont trach much, it should last the life of the vehicle! Certainly will offer more grip as well!

Its nice that the stereo is optional. I have no use for one at all. Any pricing on the track brakes? Are the standard wheels silver, or can you get gunmetal? I thought there was mention of gunmetal...

caddynoob
11-22-08, 04:18 AM
$50k? You think so?

I have a GM discount too and my build came around $79k too.

The dealer I spoke with said they wanted full list price less my GM discount.

Do you think you could get one under $60K?

I think 60k + sales tax is more than reasonable. In fact, I think you can get a bit more, especially during the winter months.

They will pretend that this car is very special with limited availability. Don't listen to their BS. Just tell them that:

- You worry that GM will go down. Warranty and parts can become a problem

- It is winter, you can't drive the car anyways. You might want to wait a few month to see if GM gets the bailout and order one in the spring.

The dealer that I spoke to is closing their business early at 6pm for the winter months. That tells you how bad it is for them right now. They don't have the power, it's a buyer's market.

Razorecko
11-22-08, 11:58 AM
I'm guessing you guys are all from the great white north since you're talking higher starting prices than we have here in the u.s. The starting price here is $59,999.99 USD

Boostin'
11-22-08, 12:02 PM
Boostin', Im curious why you got the Recaro's but not the velvety wheel? If it is Alcantara, and you dont trach much, it should last the life of the vehicle! Certainly will offer more grip as well!

Its nice that the stereo is optional. I have no use for one at all. Any pricing on the track brakes? Are the standard wheels silver, or can you get gunmetal? I thought there was mention of gunmetal...

Re the Alcantara wheel, guess I'm just one of the minority who don't like it :) . Plus I've seen it not wear too well on some MB models. No mention of track brakes, either by the dealer or in the brochure I picked up. The wheels are silver or optional polished aluminum only.

I have not actually ordered one - had it narrowed down to this one or an AMG C63. Was on an all expenses paid (by MB Canada) drivers school in Dallas last week and got to extensively drive the C63 around a nice 3.1 mile course, where it impressed me very much I must say. No GM "employee pricing" for me either *L*, so that car will also cost me about 8G less than the CTS-V. Haven't signed on the dotted line for either yet, but that price difference along with the current fiasco surrounding the domestic auto industry and I'm now pretty sure I will go with that C63.

Razorecko
11-22-08, 12:18 PM
^ i've looked at the c63 and suprisingly the interior is very disappointing and reminds me of when Mercedes was involved with chrysler.

Boostin'
11-22-08, 12:44 PM
The interior layout is nice, but I agree the materials aren't the best. But didn't seem to notice it when throwing it around that track :thumbsup: . The seats are amazing though and the overall size (dimensions and weight) is quite a bit less than the CTS-V, and that kinda suits me better too. Both are amazing sedans, but I think now it's going to have to be that C63 for me. Unless I change my mind...again...soon *L*.

caddynoob
11-22-08, 04:15 PM
Honestly, the interior of the C63 is decent. I don't think I can get more than 5% off on the C63. My local Cadillac dealer is much desperate. So, the CTS-V will likely come out a few grands cheaper.