: Cts-v Discount !

Vedder
06-23-04, 03:34 PM
Dealer just refused my G.M. employee discount. They said it is not elgible.:want:

Is this true?:hmm: HELP!! I want to go pick it up today!

MISCREANT, do you have an answer?

DgtalPimp
06-23-04, 03:40 PM
I was given the same info when I went to get the car. Not sure of the reasoning, but they had people lined up and basically told me I could buy it, or the next person could.

Dgtal

GNSCOTT
06-23-04, 04:48 PM
Are talking GM employee discount or an "in the driveway" or supplier discount? Did you ask the dealership if they would honor it before you ordered or did you just walk in and try to buy one of the floor? Last I saw the CTSV was elligable but it is up to the dealership to deceide to accept it or not.

miscreant
06-23-04, 05:34 PM
Dealer just refused my G.M. employee discount. They said it is not elgible.:want:

Is this true?:hmm: HELP!! I want to go pick it up today!

MISCREANT, do you have an answer?
The CTS-V is "eligble", but the rules of GMS allow it to be the choice of the dealer to honor it or not.

How far away from OKC are you :D ?

StealthV
06-23-04, 06:36 PM

One of the local dealers here said the same thing. They still have their V sitting on the showroom floor for over three months now. Guess they didn't want to sell it to me too badly.

msheri01
06-23-04, 07:00 PM
The cars are eligible. Did the dealer not quote the pricing and give you a purchase agreement when the vehicle was ordered? On the early 05's, we did not have pricing, so the selling price was listed as applicable GMS or supplier pricing, once known(not an exact quote, but the general idea). Then, when we got the pricing, that was communicated to the customer. On the 04's, the pricing was known before the first car was built, and the first purchaser placed his order for the car almost a year before production started, with pricing agreed to be GMS, whatever it was once the car was built.

Suffice it to say that there are dealers who sell at GMS, they just seem to be in the minority, from what I have been told.

Wienk
06-24-04, 12:18 AM
I can testify that msheri01 speaks the truth! I took delivery of the first '05 that their dealership received, at GM Supplier pricing, and BTW, their service was first class throughout the transaction. My local dealer denied that the GM Supplier was applicable on the "limited production" CTS-V, confirming our belief that not all dealers are honest. Fact is, GM does not require that their dealer has to honor the GM Supplier discount, it is the dealer's option, but let's be honest about that, Mr. Dealer!

:worship:Fortunately for me, I found one that happens to be honest, professional, and extremely competent.

rotdog
06-24-04, 03:01 AM
The GMS discount is optional for any dealer to participate, but all passenger cars & light trucks are elgible that includes the V:) Dealers will give you all kinds of B.S. about not being able to give you the discount it's a flat out lie!!! If they wont give you the GMS price it is because they don't want to. There is a difference between the supplier discount and GMS also. I'm in Wisconsin near Illinois and all but one Dealer had no problems letting me use my GMS discount.

msheri01
06-24-04, 07:25 AM
The only Cadillac at this time that is excluded by GM is the XLR. The few used ones have a 2 year retention requirement for the few PEP cars, and they are only available to certain employees, according to the information the dealers were given. On this vehicle, the exclusion is true.

Rotdog, the reason I asked about the original purchase agreement was because of some disturbing information on a seperate thread regarding forced 2900.00 paint protection to get GMS. Also, was curious about the manner of the original sales agreement when the car was ordered. The purchase price is generally agreed on, be it sticker, a specified discount, GMS, supplier, etc. when the car is ordered with pricing not released yet. I am assuming that Vedder ordered an 05, since the 04 pricing has been out for some time.