: RUBICON!!! Haha, government jobs are great.

Spyder
11-21-08, 01:52 AM
I'm gonna get paid twenty bucks an hour to go run the Rubicon this weekend. Packing right now, taking off at 4am Saturday morning, when I'd normally be clocking in to work.

Lots of pictures, I'm sure, to return to.

Wish us luck and warmth. It's 27 degrees and falling there right now.

93DevilleUSMC
11-22-08, 03:56 PM
I'm gonna get paid twenty bucks an hour to go run the Rubicon this weekend. Packing right now, taking off at 4am Saturday morning, when I'd normally be clocking in to work.

Wish us luck and warmth. It's 27 degrees and falling there right now.

I always knew I liked you, man. However, right now, I am jealous to an extreme. :cool2:

Luck and warmth. Return with your boots, or be spilled from them.

Destroyer
11-24-08, 02:45 AM
I always knew I liked you, man. However, right now, I am jealous Think they'll overturn the gay marriage thing in CA?:confused:

Destroyer
11-24-08, 02:46 AM

Wish us luck and warmth. It's 27 degrees and falling there right now.Sweet!. Sounds like a fun time!. Wish you all the luck and freigin' warmth. Enjoy!:thumbsup:

Spyder
11-24-08, 10:41 AM
Wasn't horrible. We stayed warm. I tested out some new cold weather gear I bought for my Christmas trip. For that one we're taking the truck to Oregon, up in the high desert, where it's about 28 degrees in the daytime and cold at night. Longies are great.

We broke two spring perches on the trail, had to do some "creative" work to get the rear pinion angle back to normal and rewelded in place. Lost three bumpstops and a shock. Other than that, we did amazingly well. Went all the way to Spider Lake, climbed every rock and obstacle there was except for little sluice, which only two of our guys were able to go through anyway.

We met up with the Pirates of the Rubicon and ran with them and partied with them before, during and after...good group of people...

It was actually a work-event. We took shovels and garbage bags and rubber gloves and cleaned up white flowers (which just happen to be little piles of poop that a-holes can't freaking bury like they're supposed to.) and trash along the trial. We got 62 bags worth of poop. One and a half dumpsters full. The run is known as the "POR POO RUN. A Shitty Event!" (POR = Pirates of the Rubicon) Good times. :) I'll get pics up one of these days, left the camera at the other guys house so he could do his first, and I'll get them today sometime.

93DevilleUSMC
11-24-08, 06:11 PM
Think they'll overturn the gay marriage thing in CA?:confused:

Get a job.

93DevilleUSMC
11-24-08, 06:15 PM
Wasn't horrible. We stayed warm. I tested out some new cold weather gear I bought for my Christmas trip. For that one we're taking the truck to Oregon, up in the high desert, where it's about 28 degrees in the daytime and cold at night. Longies are great.

We broke two spring perches on the trail, had to do some "creative" work to get the rear pinion angle back to normal and rewelded in place. Lost three bumpstops and a shock. Other than that, we did amazingly well. Went all the way to Spider Lake, climbed every rock and obstacle there was except for little sluice, which only two of our guys were able to go through anyway.

We met up with the Pirates of the Rubicon and ran with them and partied with them before, during and after...good group of people...

It was actually a work-event. We took shovels and garbage bags and rubber gloves and cleaned up white flowers (which just happen to be little piles of poop that a-holes can't freaking bury like they're supposed to.) and trash along the trial. We got 62 bags worth of poop. One and a half dumpsters full. The run is known as the "POR POO RUN. A Shitty Event!" (POR = Pirates of the Rubicon) Good times. :) I'll get pics up one of these days, left the camera at the other guys house so he could do his first, and I'll get them today sometime.

62 bags of crap? You can have that part, man. What kind of cold weather gear was it? I need some for Frostbite `09. I'm thinking about UnderArmour Tactical Coldgear.

Spyder
11-24-08, 07:39 PM
Ha, it was only about an hour and a half worth of work. There was quite a few of us. Well worth it to keep the trail open, plus the club got paid (not much, but something) by the forest service as a cleanup crew, and we got special access to areas that normally aren't open to Rubicon'ers, such as "I-5."

Cold weather gear included some midweight thermals from body glove, some heavy socks and good columbia boots, a good columbia jacket, blue jeans, an extra undershirt and a beanie and a boonie hat. For sleeping in cold, I wear a balaclava as well. Keeps the face warm and the ice forms on it instead of your facial hair. Jim Beam helps keep you warm as well. And wear a good glove on your beer drinking hand so it doesn't freeze your fingers.

93DevilleUSMC
11-24-08, 10:12 PM
Ha, it was only about an hour and a half worth of work. There was quite a few of us. Well worth it to keep the trail open, plus the club got paid (not much, but something) by the forest service as a cleanup crew, and we got special access to areas that normally aren't open to Rubicon'ers, such as "I-5."

Cold weather gear included some midweight thermals from body glove, some heavy socks and good columbia boots, a good columbia jacket, blue jeans, an extra undershirt and a beanie and a boonie hat. For sleeping in cold, I wear a balaclava as well. Keeps the face warm and the ice forms on it instead of your facial hair. Jim Beam helps keep you warm as well. And wear a good glove on your beer drinking hand so it doesn't freeze your fingers.

I'll look into those brands! For boots, I personally recommend Magnum Storms with Rocky sole inserts. It'll feel like Cadillac did a suspension for your feet.

Spyder
11-25-08, 02:05 AM
Yea, but do they make 'em in a size Squatchy? Aka, 17?

AlBundy
11-25-08, 02:33 AM
Think they'll overturn the gay marriage thing in CA?:confused:

Destroyer, some of your post makes my day as I always await a reponse.:alchi:

93DevilleUSMC
11-25-08, 06:45 AM
Yea, but do they make 'em in a size Squatchy? Aka, 17?

I'm pretty sure they do.