: Bad News...NO EMPLOYEE PRICING

readyact
11-20-08, 06:20 PM
Guys & Gals you might want to call your dealer ASAP. I got a call from my dealer informing me that Employee Price is not available on the 09 CTS-V. I was told this has come down from GM. So very dishearten I called another local dealer to confirm the bad news and I was told the same thing that GM said NO EMPLOYEE PRICING on the 09 CTS-V. The second dealer told me he had to make the same bad news call to his customers. I spoke with the dealer for a while and he said usually GM leaves the decision of Employee discounts up to the local dealerships, but this time GM has stepped in and said NO. He suggested I call the other local dealerships to see what they say, but he was sure no one will be able to honor the discount.

Also my dealer told me that when he entered the Automatic option in the pricing system the Gas Guzzler Tax went away which he believes is wrong. I think Tony mentioned this in another post.

Anyway the “consolation prize” is my dealer will give me the GM Supplier discount.

thebigjimsho
11-20-08, 06:37 PM
Such bad, bad news. GM not offering a freebie to poor people looking to buy a new $60G+ sedan...

concorso
11-20-08, 07:04 PM
There should be no employee pricing on this car. No discounts, none of this bs. Discounts imply "Our vehicle isnt good enough. It doesnt matter that we offer more then the M3 for the same price. All that matters is that we offer it cheaper." GM needs the money. Can't afford the V? Buy a Camaro. Or an M5. Oh, wait, about the M5...

Krug Ford
11-20-08, 07:04 PM
Its not available till after January 5th accoriding to the email Bill Mclean sent out to dealers today.

concorso
11-20-08, 07:06 PM
Such bad, bad news. GM not offering a freebie to poor people looking to buy a new $60G+ sedan...Agrees. This is a world class car, arguably the new benchmark. Its allready ridiculously cheap compared to its competitors. If you cant afford it, look elsewhere. Give GM the money they deserve for making a world class car...

Bigron
11-20-08, 07:24 PM
If I were a customer I would just wait a month to take delivery.
From the post I have seen lately most dealers still have first shipment cars available.

Bigron
11-20-08, 07:25 PM
Agrees. This is a world class car, arguably the new benchmark. Its allready ridiculously cheap compared to its competitors. If you cant afford it, look elsewhere. Give GM the money they deserve for making a world class car...

You should turn down the current 2 grand cash allowance as well then.

concorso
11-20-08, 07:33 PM
You should turn down the current 2 grand cash allowance as well then.Im not buying a sedan. Im waiting for the coupe. The M3 coupe was just too small. So Ill drive my CTS until a V coupe arrives.

Im sorrry If I offend people, but I am tired of people selling GM short. This is a great car, so is the CTS, but because its domestic, people expect huge discounts...

The V deserves to be 70k+, but it wouldnt sell very well at all. Incredible...

ansky0007
11-20-08, 08:11 PM
Why should GM give such discounts on 09's when they have too many 08's sitting on lots. Tinkering on bankruptcy I think they need to move inventory before any dealers worry about 09's.

urbanski
11-20-08, 08:15 PM
no 08 Vs

CVP33
11-20-08, 08:23 PM
These are some very funny posts. Let me see if I follow the logic correctly:

Seiko Watch - MSRP $399.99
Seiko Watch - Sale Price $299.99
Good product extra charge - $100
Net Price $399.99

I take it back. These posts are hilarious.

Dr Chill
11-20-08, 09:15 PM
There should be no employee pricing on this car. No discounts, none of this bs. Discounts imply "Our vehicle isnt good enough. It doesnt matter that we offer more then the M3 for the same price. All that matters is that we offer it cheaper." GM needs the money. Can't afford the V? Buy a Camaro. Or an M5. Oh, wait, about the M5...

Sorry, but I think this sentiment is BS. GM employees or their relatives should be able to get a perk like a discount not available to others. It says nothing about the quality or value of the vehicle. Employee discount for all, however, just means that GM is not selling cars and desparately needs to move them. I think everyone buying any vehicle should pay as little as possible, don't you?

After all, the price of the car doesn't mean more than the content of the car when you are looking at quality and performance.

cjwolverine
11-20-08, 10:51 PM
Hmmm.. Now that I think about it, I have really enjoyed my last two cars. I think I'll send audi and volvo a couple grand each. Maybe I paid too little. Great suggestion.

cj

readyact
11-20-08, 11:26 PM
Hmmmmmmm no discount for employees as it would be viewed as a handout or selling GM short, but GM wants a "loan" from the Feds which will not be called a handout or selling out. As seen in this thread if one is counting on an employee discount in order to afford a car then in the view of some they should not purchase. I say if GM needs a "loan" to survive then they need to go under as they can't afford to stay in business. Nice.

Vrocks
11-20-08, 11:36 PM
Im not buying a sedan. Im waiting for the coupe. The M3 coupe was just too small. So Ill drive my CTS until a V coupe arrives.

Im sorrry If I offend people, but I am tired of people selling GM short. This is a great car, so is the CTS, but because its domestic, people expect huge discounts...

The V deserves to be 70k+, but it wouldnt sell very well at all. Incredible...
I'm waiting for the V coupe as well, it's going to own those poor little Ms and AMGs ha ha! Plus, I need to wait and hope things settle with the economy, a bit more...

RightTurn
11-21-08, 12:52 AM
Guys & Gals you might want to call your dealer ASAP. I got a call from my dealer informing me that Employee Price is not available on the 09 CTS-V. I was told this has come down from GM. So very dishearten I called another local dealer to confirm the bad news and I was told the same thing that GM said NO EMPLOYEE PRICING on the 09 CTS-V. The second dealer told me he had to make the same bad news call to his customers. I spoke with the dealer for a while and he said usually GM leaves the decision of Employee discounts up to the local dealerships, but this time GM has stepped in and said NO. He suggested I call the other local dealerships to see what they say, but he was sure no one will be able to honor the discount.

Also my dealer told me that when he entered the Automatic option in the pricing system the Gas Guzzler Tax went away which he believes is wrong. I think Tony mentioned this in another post.

Anyway the “consolation prize” is my dealer will give me the GM Supplier discount.

So, are you saying that GM employees can't get a discount on the car, or that "GM Employee Discount for Everyone" won't be honored? I'm pretty sure that most buyers are NOT GM employees, so what's the big deal?

thebigjimsho
11-21-08, 01:08 AM
So, are you saying that GM employees can't get a discount on the car, or that "GM Employee Discount for Everyone" won't be honored? I'm pretty sure that most buyers are NOT GM employees, so what's the big deal?Thank you!

Look, what some of us are saying is that to call not getting Employee Pricing as "bad news" is ridiculous. Again, the public looking for handouts. And I guess GM's best way out is to sell all these cars at an even bigger loss than what they've already incurred.

It's the sense of entitlement that gets to me. I'm not against getting the best deal you can, but expecting to be handed the moon and stars is dumb...

Knuguy
11-21-08, 02:33 AM
Or maybe GM execs should just make less money and the union not suck so much with ridiculous pension plans, maybe the company would succeed and the cars would be a little less expensive. I just dont get auto maker's strategy, make as many cars as we can, let them sit on lots, then discount'em.....that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Who makes a product knowing they are GOING to discount it, why not price it to sell to begin with...How about, price them a little more aggressive, make fewer of them and keep the supply/demand a little more in line. Cars last longer these days, I can not imagine that more cars are coming off the road (either from wreck or other failure) then what the auto makers are pumping out. They have to realize, by building better cars, they were going to cut their own growth at some point in time.

Jpjr
11-21-08, 02:41 AM
https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/do/vehicle-eligibility

I will call when I have time but the online list for actual GM employees and families has not been changed to reflect anything new.

Given how long it seems to be taking them to get these cars rolling, I could see them prioritizing outstanding retail orders. Believe me GM is not in a position to turn down any sale over $50k in cash at this point. We are in a completely different world than we were even a few months ago...

readyact
11-21-08, 03:08 AM
So, are you saying that GM employees can't get a discount on the car, or that "GM Employee Discount for Everyone" won't be honored? I'm pretty sure that most buyers are NOT GM employees, so what's the big deal?

I am referring to the discount for employees of General Motors. I look at employee discounts as morale boosters, a pat on the back or an incentive for employees not as a handout or freebie as some state. I guess in the end GM employees can continue to take their GM checks and buy non-GM cars or not buy at all. Trust me I know GM is in the business of making money and not helping people buy stuff so it’s all good. Personally I don’t need the discount as I plan to put down a significant amount of money on the car. In the end GM/Cadillac would have gotten any discount money back from me anyway as I was planning to get the extended warranty, the performance Brembo upgrade and other dealer accessories. All in all it’s not a biggie as GM will continue to make money, or at least get a “loan”, and I will continue to buy cars.

JEM
11-21-08, 05:15 AM
Frankly, rather than a bailout, I'd rather just see private buyers who buy vehicles between now and, say, Jan 1 2010 be allowed to depreciate them over seven years for tax purposes.

Kidhummer
11-21-08, 08:51 PM
We know what the employee price is but Can someone tell me what the supplier price is?

mgscustomtune
11-21-08, 11:04 PM
I would wait there will be some big $$$$$ Discounts coming.

concorso
11-22-08, 12:22 AM
Sorry, but I think this sentiment is BS. GM employees or their relatives should be able to get a perk like a discount not available to others. I agree. Im referring to the idea that everyone should get this discount, not just GM Employees.
It says nothing about the quality or value of the vehicle. Employee discount for all, however, just means that GM is not selling cars and desparately needs to move them. I think everyone buying any vehicle should pay as little as possible, don't you?

After all, the price of the car doesn't mean more than the content of the car when you are looking at quality and performance. How can a car thats not fully on the market yet, be moving slowly?

Bigron
11-22-08, 08:32 PM
I am seeing the CTS-V is not eligible for the red tag sale currently going on as well.

readyact
11-22-08, 10:00 PM
I am seeing the CTS-V is not eligible for the red tag sale currently going on as well.

Yep I've seen the CTS commercials with the splat in the lower left corner stating the Red Tag Event is not available on the 2009 CTS-V…It’s all good. The purpose of me creating this post was to inform others who are edible for Employee pricing that it will not be honored. Looks like the $2000 cash back is the only incentive on the car and my particular dealer said he will give me the GM Supplier discount. To be honest I was disappointed in being told early on that I would be able to get the Employee Discount (GMS) and then at the zero hour it was pulled from my grasp. Why not take the largest discount if it’s available? From what I've read and previous conducted research, this IS A GREAT CAR and I am looking forward to taking delivery next week as I am in Ohio. So in conclusion if I offended anyone I truly apologize and look forward to swapping stories in the future with you guys about how great OUR V2 ARE!!!!!

darjae
11-22-08, 11:17 PM
I think the ultimate problem is that no one is truly buying the V based on pricing. If you have the money you're a BMW guy, you buy the M5. I don't think we will have many defectors. This is the ultimate chance for us 'Muscle Car Guys' to finally gloat that it handles better as well (and blows it off the line).... I don't know anyone who is going to buy it simply due to a rebate or employee pricing... This car is targeted to a select few and is a shot across the bow of BMW to let them know that we can kick their ass if we want to. It's priced so much lower because it needs to be to send the message.

darjae
11-22-08, 11:24 PM
...meant to say .... "if you have the money" and "you're a BMW guy"...

to me, money isn't the core issue... with millions, I still get the V :)

qictrk
11-23-08, 02:00 AM
In my area, i have made a couple of offers of $3,000 under MRSP, to two different dealers. They didn't even call me back. Did i insult them? Maybe its to early. I figured they would take it because it would be special ordered and wouldn't have to sit on the floor. I don't want NAV or sun roof. Cecil............:hmm:

HPCC
11-23-08, 05:02 AM
...and my particular dealer said he will give me the GM Supplier discount.Mine too, but still haven't been able to get an authorization code from the website. Can dealers offer it on their own?

Bigron
11-23-08, 09:05 AM
In my area, i have made a couple of offers of $3,000 under MRSP, to two different dealers. They didn't even call me back. Did i insult them? Maybe its to early. I figured they would take it because it would be special ordered and wouldn't have to sit on the floor. I don't want NAV or sun roof. Cecil............:hmm:

There is already 2 grand on the hood, so 3 is not unreasonable offer.
Maybe they don't have any cars coming in with your options, or all the ones they have coming in are sold.

Razorecko
11-23-08, 12:19 PM
^ just get the manual trans- its about $2k cheaper :thumbsup:

fast_with_class
11-26-08, 06:53 AM
Anyone heard or knows of dealerships allowing the military pricing for the V2? Havent heard anything about this yet....

Krug Ford
11-26-08, 02:11 PM
I am doing supplier pricing for anyone that wants one..

readyact
11-26-08, 05:22 PM
Mine too, but still haven't been able to get an authorization code from the website. Can dealers offer it on their own?

I think it's up to the dealer who gets the discount as I never mentioned to my dealer that I work for a GM supplier and he offered me the discount on his own free will.

CadV
11-29-08, 03:28 AM
If your a legit GMS (family member is a gm employee) they will do it on a CTS-V. They are not offering it to people off the street.

I spoke to 2 Caddy dealerships that I have bought from in the past and they both said they will give me GMS. Now I wait to see who gets one first :P.

IRONDOG
11-29-08, 10:39 AM
I've talked to five dealerships. Two say yes to GMS pricing and three say no. The three saying no claim that it is GM that won't allow it. It is frustrating to have so much misinformation.

Jpjr
11-29-08, 01:23 PM
Was able to catch up on this, they did indeed decide to disallow GMS for a period of time to accelerate all non discounted offers due to everything happening with GM. The decision to hold off was just made this past week and in contrast to what we were told during the Fall. (By comparison, the ZR1 was disallowed months before people started taking delivery.) Reading between the lines it appears that the discount will become available in January.

CVP33
11-30-08, 06:16 AM
GMS - $61,696 with every option (auto)
GMS - $53,484 stripper (manual)

atdeneve
11-30-08, 09:32 AM
That's an expensive stripper.

Must be high class.

I like strippers.

MauiV
11-30-08, 03:21 PM
I am eligable for the Ford Z plan (employee plan-retired) and have yet to come across a dealer that will honor it on SVT, Saleens, Roush, Harley or any specialty models so I dont see what the big deal is.

Jpjr
11-30-08, 08:27 PM
I am eligable for the Ford Z plan (employee plan-retired) and have yet to come across a dealer that will honor it on SVT, Saleens, Roush, Harley or any specialty models so I dont see what the big deal is.

It is not a big deal only to the point where the cars are not selling on their own. Only problem is almost none of the specialty vehicles put out by the Big 3 sell on their own for long. It seems quite logical that once finished inventory starts to build up that employees should have their discount honored.

BacDoc
11-30-08, 10:52 PM
Stuff like this and dealer markups make me want to see bankruptcy. :mad:

These guys should be trying to sell everything at near cost to even keep a cash flow coming. The new Colbalt would make a killing if it weren't $25k!

Florian
12-01-08, 12:43 PM

You cant seriously expect to get Z plan on any SVO or specialty car. There are more buyers out there for them than vehicles, so they get top dollar. If not, they zone trade em to dealers that can move them. The Harley-tard F150s sell like hotcakes to the HD lemmings w/Gold cards...its unbelieveable that someone would pay 40+K for a pickup. (disclaimer: I have an F-150). The Halo cars are typically not eligible for discounting. A better strategy is to wait a year or two and have someone take the depreciation hit.

F

trukk
12-02-08, 07:41 PM
If your a legit GMS (family member is a gm employee) they will do it on a CTS-V. They are not offering it to people off the street.

I spoke to 2 Caddy dealerships that I have bought from in the past and they both said they will give me GMS. Now I wait to see who gets one first :P.

It is not a big deal only to the point where the cars are not selling on their own. Only problem is almost none of the specialty vehicles put out by the Big 3 sell on their own for long. It seems quite logical that once finished inventory starts to build up that employees should have their discount honored.

With V1, it took about 1 year before they started honoring GMS.

GMS - $61,696 with every option (auto)
GMS - $53,484 stripper (manual)

FLARK YOU BUDDY.... that is one thing I didn't need to know.

HMMM....

-Chris

g50
12-06-08, 08:33 AM
With V1, it took about 1 year before they started honoring GMS.
-Chris
It was available at the start.

OldDrummer55
12-06-08, 03:09 PM
That's an expensive stripper.

Must be high class.

I like strippers.

That made me blow perfectly good coffee out my nose! :thumbsup:

As a newb, I enjoy reading the insightful comments on this board. Being a drummer, I'm accused of being the first generation of my family tree walking upright and using my thumbs... i.e. not too sharp! My two cents: Doesn't it all boil down to supply and demand? If cars are moving as fast as they can build them, well pilgrims, we'll probably being paying MSRP or higher. I want to buy a V2, but I'm also waiting to see what type of deals may surface. There are already posts from East Coast members indicating dealers have V2s on the lot that are not spoken for yet. I'm also watching the Big 3/Our Fearless Leaders kabuki dance over the requested financial assistance to the industry. Me thinks we are in very uncertain economic times, and I for one will patiently wait.