: Buffer

MEJIA
06-23-04, 12:59 PM
Hello

I wax my truck every Sunday, using Zaino products. Eventhough I am a big fan of hand-waxing my truck, I would like to coinsider an electric buffer.

What are the best buffers out there in the market?
Since I love my truck, the price of such tool is of no importance. I would just like to know from your expert opinions which is the right and best choice of tool.

Thanks in Advance,

Mejia

T_Dogg8
06-23-04, 01:21 PM
meguiars has a couple on their website. the thing i like about buying one from them is you know it won't be so powerful it will damage the paint.

dnyce617
06-23-04, 01:28 PM
There are two different kinds, rotary, and orbital. I think for a amatuer, an orbital buffer makes more sense, as it is more forgiving. The industry standard is the Porter Cable 7424, which I believe can be had for about $150. Check www.autopia.org (http://www.autopia.org) where they have it on sale for $129 and also offer a complete system with multiple pads and a flexible backing plate (safer) for $159.

hcvone
06-23-04, 02:30 PM
Porter Cable is what we used at our shops, very well made and they last. With Zaino there is no advantage to using a buffer, in fact you will use more product up, and you know the shipping costs to Mexico. :crying: :crying: But if you are going to get a buffer get the PC

MEJIA
06-24-04, 07:57 AM
OK I will get my Porter Cable Buffer soon.....

Thanks for your valuable input,

Mejia