: who will wait for the 2010 V2?

afterdigital
11-19-08, 07:28 PM
alright already! so it's coming and sh*t i can't stop thinking about it! But then in reading through peoples opinion's i'm considering waiting for the 2010 to roll around - when many of the "fixes" will be implemented.

Hard to wait another year- for the world's fastest sedan!!!

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

chris1268
11-19-08, 07:32 PM
I can't wait. Part of the great thing about this car is being the enthusist. I get such a rush out of driving my V1, I can only imagine the smile it will bring to my face everyday to drive the V2. Hell, at the current pace of GM the 2010 V2 may not even exist.

offsight204
11-19-08, 11:01 PM
Do you think the V2 will still be the worlds fastest sedan in 2010

lawfive
11-20-08, 02:35 AM
Waiting here.

BLACK_CTSV
11-21-08, 10:57 PM
I got tired of waiting for the '09, so I bought a Z06. I'll check them out next summer.

CSX
11-22-08, 04:01 AM
Waiting here as well. I simply don't buy first year models. That's not to say the V2 will have any problems, but it's hard to deny that many new models (of any make) typically tend to have first-year bugs.

thefred
11-22-08, 05:21 PM
I'm not done with my STS-V so timing-wise, I not interested now. But, by 2010..maybe or maybe 2011....

Razorecko
11-23-08, 10:38 PM
I'm betting that the only issues the cts-v will have might be with the new auto trans...Heck it is the first gen high hp applicable auto trans they have made....its bound to have some quirks.

CVP33
11-23-08, 11:20 PM
I predict that the V series will be going away. I fear that 2010 may be the last chance if even they make it that far.

Razorecko
11-24-08, 01:06 AM
^ agreed, especially with heavy emissions restrictions coming into play, this will be the last moment to scoop up some good ole' hardcore american muscle before it turns into enviro-crap.

Karaya Eins
11-24-08, 08:50 AM
^ agreed, especially with heavy emissions restrictions coming into play, this will be the last moment to scoop up some good ole' hardcore american muscle before it turns into enviro-crap.

We heard that before in the 70's. :thepan:

JEM
11-24-08, 07:56 PM
We heard that before in the 70's. :thepan:

Yeah, and cars were pretty much screwed up from the time big bumpers came along in 1973 until sometime in the mid '80s, and if you wanted something with more than two doors you had little choice in decent domestic iron until...well, there was the Taurus SHO and...uh...the Lincoln LS eventually (though it really didn't get motor until '03, and never a manual V8) and...the first-gen CTS-V and maybe if you're desperate the Chrysler LX cars.

Luna.
12-02-08, 02:27 AM
The advantage for waiting is....to hope that GM works out any bugs??

I thought that was the whole point of the '09 V---to work out (& improve in many ways) the bugs from the '04-'07 Vs. I can't tell you how excited I will be to not mindlessly worry about the differential

V-Love
12-02-08, 05:13 PM
The advantage for waiting is....to hope that GM works out any bugs??

I thought that was the whole point of the '09 V---to work out (& improve in many ways) the bugs from the '04-'07 Vs. I can't tell you how excited I will be to not mindlessly worry about the differential

Exactly! The car is insane. The only thing I could see people moaning about are headroom, position of the shifter(manual), and all of the chrome accents. Performance wise, the car is solid. Thats why I can't wait to see the mods. Someone is gonna swithch the internals to match the vette. its gonna be great.
The 1/4 mile guys may break a few things. I can't wait to see if they do. This car is at home on the road course. I can see years of track weekends with this one.

afterdigital
12-02-08, 05:29 PM
one mod may be painting the chrome- hmmmmm (wonder what that would look like?)