: Help...

SupaFly
06-23-04, 09:52 AM
I need a tow truck. Anyone in the Brooklyn-area know someone that is reasonable? :helpless:

Ralph
06-24-04, 03:59 AM
Thank you for posting your pic again Supa. ;) Don't tell me the car is still out there!?

http://www.towing.com/ny.htm

"Brooklyn Towing and Recovery" Contact Eugene @934-0604 (24 hrs)

The things I do for a pretty lady. :basketcas

Ralph
06-24-04, 04:49 AM
You probably have a phone book for this, but for the COMPLETE listing of towing businesses from the Brooklyn area, go to:

superpages.com

then "yellowpages"

then "automotive"

then "towing"

There are 108 different places that tow in Brooklyn!! I would phone a few and get the lowest price. With that many companies, there should be some competition for a low price.

Roswell256
06-24-04, 10:29 AM
I have AAA and if you get the premium membership for $75 a year they will tow you up to 100 mi for free. I've used it on 3 occasions and trust me. It will pay for itself on the first tow.

I know it doesn't help now... but maybe for future reference.

SupaFly
06-25-04, 04:26 PM
I got it towed using my aunt's AAA but the driver gave me a nice dent which I didn't notice until the next day.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-25-04, 04:33 PM
Your haveing tons of bad luck girl !

dent doesnt look to bad , id pull that peice off and try to pop the dent out by hand , looks like a soft dent with only a couple hard creses at the top of the dent that may show as a couple dimples when done

SupaFly
06-25-04, 04:51 PM
You're right. I could probably smooth it out but it is just aggravating. Plus my car isn't running yet. I had to get up early to move it for street cleaning this morning. My mother was taking pictures like it was the funniest thing. :annoyed:

Ralph
06-26-04, 03:56 AM
I got it towed using my aunt's AAA but the driver gave me a nice dent which I didn't notice until the next day.

As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't stand for that! Can you complain and make them pay? Probably too late. You almost have to walk around the car at the time they deliver it so they can be blamed when you find damage. Personally, I would still phone them and bitch them out anyway. Between the tow truck drivers and your neighbours running into your car, I sympathize with your rotten luck girl.

SupaFly
06-26-04, 01:19 PM
I sent them an e-mail so I guess I just have to see what they say. I can't even be upset about it anymore; I'm just numb.