: Won't have to wait long...for that Corsa sound

HPCC
11-18-08, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the interest in CORSA Performance!!!

Yes, we are working with Cadillac to develop a performance exhaust system for these new CTS V’s! They are trying to get us a car here very soon.

Titanium would be nice, but the cost of Titanium would put this system into a price range that would be pretty cost prohibitive…

We may build it from 321 stainless steel, as this is what we build our Corvette Z06 and ZR1 systems from. 321 is stronger and we can use a thinner gauge to make the system lighter too!

I would guess that it will be the first of next year before we have a system out in production.

Thanks,

Jim Browning Jr.
CORSA Performance/GIL Marine

Flyboy
11-18-08, 01:09 AM
I had your Corsa system on my 05 "V" Quality was superb.........sound even better........C Ya'

urbanski
11-18-08, 06:36 AM
they're a vendor here, too.
GRP.

caddiedrummer
11-18-08, 08:24 AM
They tell us they are trying to get us a car "soon" as well. You may get yours first, then we will all have exhausts before we have cars.

On a serious "note", I have had Corsa exhausts on 4 Vipers and 2 Vettes. IMHO, they are the best. They are also easy to deal with and will return emails, calls and not hide. I had a minor issue with one system that was replaced virtually overnight.

CIWS
11-18-08, 08:55 AM
Just be aware they also spoke about developing one for the STS-V to be out by 08 and never went forward with actually making it. So companies plans change, and depending upon what happens with GM/Cadillac it may not come to fruition as they have changed their minds about it before.

bruff1977
11-18-08, 02:11 PM
Mr. Browning, if for some unforseen reason you cannot get a V2 to conduct your R&D, I would like to submit my V2 once I take delivery. It it possible you could pick up from the dealer after I receive the keys?

NormV
11-18-08, 09:12 PM
Give Jim Jr a call the day you pick your car up. I0am sure he'll be happy to give you a good deal on a full system. Helps to bring donuts to the sales department too. :)

Norm

Mr. Browning, if for some unforseen reason you cannot get a V2 to conduct your R&D, I would like to submit my V2 once I take delivery. It it possible you could pick up from the dealer after I receive the keys?

Florian
11-18-08, 10:36 PM
Cmon Jim, were still waiting for the STSv system...you know my car is available!!!

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
11-18-08, 10:49 PM
Whats up with the STS-V version???? I won't be buying any CORSA until you deliver on a STS-V version first...

Kadonny
11-19-08, 10:42 AM
Whats up with the STS-V version???? I won't be buying any CORSA until you deliver on a STS-V version first...

I just wonder what the demand is for the STS-V system. That's why I think then never made it.

LITTLEELVISDAN
11-19-08, 10:48 AM
I just wonder what the demand is for the STS-V system. That's why I think then never made it.I plan on owning both the STS-V and getting the new CTS-V coupe. Both of which will have stock exhaust or the same after market exhaust. If thats Corsa, or Borla, its up to who makes both for me. Either they get 2 sales out of me or 0 its up to them.

Nutz
11-19-08, 12:03 PM
I feel obligated to let everybody know here. I just got off the phone with Jim Browning Jr. from Corsa.

This thread started here is a COPY OF AN EMAIL REPLY SENT FROM JIM JR.
Although it appears so (based on the name at the bottom of the post), Forum member HPCC above is not Jim Browning Jr. :suspect:

No need to reply in this thread as though Corsa is in collaboration here.

Attention forum member HPCC, please be more clear about who you are in discussion here to avoid confusion here.

Finally. For those interested, I am a friend of Jim Jr., and when the 09 V already slated for r&d sets tire on Corsa property I will have extensive pics and video here for which to drool on. Watch for updates in a new thread.

bruff1977
11-19-08, 01:21 PM
Thanks Nutz. Have you and Mr. Browning discussed what will be used for the system? (304, just titanium tips, etc.) Can you share that info?

Nutz
11-19-08, 01:39 PM
Thanks Nutz. Have you and Mr. Browning discussed what will be used for the system? (304, just titanium tips, etc.) Can you share that info?

As mentioned in the 1st thread (email), it will probably be in 321. The tips will probably be in the same quality design as in the past with maybe a choice of having the "acid etched" Corsa name displayed on the tip. The rear diffuser on the new v doesn't leave a lot of room for changes. In fact, the stock tips strongly resemble Corsa tips.

LITTLEELVISDAN
11-19-08, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the update. Now tell jim jr to get off his arse and get a sts-v set designed please

Florian
11-19-08, 04:48 PM
+1

f

CIWS
11-19-08, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the update. Now tell jim jr to get off his arse and get a sts-v set designed please

Too late for me, I got tired of waiting on empty promises and bought the GM exhaust.

silverws6ta
11-19-08, 09:23 PM
:yawn: Same here -- and considering I spent less than $1k on it I am very pleased; even though it is only T-304 stainless --

Florian
11-20-08, 11:38 AM
bought the GM exhaust.

Borla

F

thefred
11-20-08, 12:50 PM
+1

f

+2

tf

HPCC
11-21-08, 01:16 AM
I apologize to the forum and Mr. Browning. I Didn't mean to mis-represent. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way I can edit my original post.

Thanks for the interest in CORSA Performance!!!

Yes, we are working with Cadillac to develop a performance exhaust system for these new CTS V’s! They are trying to get us a car here very soon.

Titanium would be nice, but the cost of Titanium would put this system into a price range that would be pretty cost prohibitive…

We may build it from 321 stainless steel, as this is what we build our Corvette Z06 and ZR1 systems from. 321 is stronger and we can use a thinner gauge to make the system lighter too!

I would guess that it will be the first of next year before we have a system out in production.

Thanks,

Jim Browning Jr.
CORSA Performance/GIL Marine

Seattle CTS-V
11-22-08, 04:06 AM
I plan on owning both the STS-V and getting the new CTS-V coupe. Both of which will have stock exhaust or the same after market exhaust. If thats Corsa, or Borla, its up to who makes both for me. Either they get 2 sales out of me or 0 its up to them.

Sounds like you'll be rollin' stock for some time to come then...:thepan:

Dr Chill
11-22-08, 04:16 PM
I plan on owning both the STS-V and getting the new CTS-V coupe. Both of which will have stock exhaust or the same after market exhaust. If thats Corsa, or Borla, its up to who makes both for me. Either they get 2 sales out of me or 0 its up to them.

So what you are saying is, if Borla makes an exhaust for both STS-V and CTS-V, and if Corsa makes an even better sounding CTS-V exhaust but none for the STS-V, you'd buy the Borlas for both cars because the two cars must have matching exhausts? Is that like matching "his and her" watches? Will both cars be the same color combo and have the same rims too? IMO Corsa makes a higher quality and better sounding product, so you'd be doing yourself a disservice. Then again, some people may prefer Borla to Corsa but I'm not one of them.

Buzduz74
03-28-09, 10:22 AM
My 09 Corsa is on the floor waiting for the 09 to come in next week.
Can't wait
Buzduz74

GM-4-LIFE
03-28-09, 02:57 PM
My 09 Corsa is on the floor waiting for the 09 to come in next week.
Can't wait
Buzduz74

Where did you get yours from and how much did you get it for?

SG

Stingray23
03-28-09, 03:26 PM
yea,details please

Buzduz74
03-28-09, 08:24 PM
Called the factory and ordered one. No big deal. Had one on my 06 V. Good people
Buzz