: iPod interface for '03 STS with Factory NAV, Bose, & No XM

ktraub
11-17-08, 12:10 PM
Hi All,

I have an '03 STS with factory (Denso) Nav, Bose, CD changer, No XM radio and have had the OnStar digital upgrade installed at the dealer.
What I'd like to know is, has anyone gotten an iPod interface to work with this rig yet? I did an analog one by putting a DPDT switch in the line-level audio outs from the CD changer and it works OK but of course it does not display on the HU as the HU still thinks the CD changer is pumping in the audio.
What I'd like is iPod sound and the iPod data info to display on the HU.
Is anything like this availalbe yet?

ktraub
11-18-08, 01:21 PM
CadillacSTS2003, If you're around, are you ware of and iPod interface for this set-up that might work (No FM adapters please)?

Any help would be appreciated?

CadillacSTS42005
11-18-08, 11:47 PM
doesnt exist
i can make a direct aux input via rcas which will display audio and video from an any outside source
but it cannot control the source

ktraub
11-19-08, 09:01 AM
Ugg! I've already got the audio tapped into the CD changer audio (with a DPDT switch) but the HU is still displaying the CD changer disc/track info.
I'm controlling the iPod with an iJet RF remote (fob).
Oh well, thanks anyway.
-Kev

CadillacSTS42005
11-19-08, 11:17 PM
if you had xm it could be done

Cliff8928
11-20-08, 02:15 AM
doesnt exist
i can make a direct aux input via rcas which will display audio and video from an any outside source
but it cannot control the source

Really? Is that nav unit that far different from the one in the XLR? I know there's been success in those with the ipod interfaces.

CadillacSTS42005
11-20-08, 08:33 PM
XLR nav isnt even close do the Sev/Dev
hardware is similar and screen is the same
software and wiring is majorly different

Cliff8928
11-22-08, 01:54 PM
I didn't realze they were that different. I figured GM would've been cheaper than that ;)

I see they have the same 3 connectors on the back, but the older Seville still uses E&C data and Class 2.

They do take the same disc though...

mrgoodbar67
11-27-08, 07:44 PM
ok check this out....soundgate.com.
This is what you need but you must have a stock(with hack) or aftermarket screen in you front dash.
Click on the ipod core intergration link.
i used the one for my zune and connected it to my stock navi with hack that sts2003 made.
it allowed my zune screen to be visible on my screen and be controled through a wired remote from soundgate or a pacswips interface.

i posted pics in a thread...check them out its super smooth and slick.

click on THE link within THIS link.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/129191-factory-nav-system-ready-2-go.html