: bad time as it is, ebay driving sellers out of business

yourgmsolutions
11-15-08, 12:54 PM
We all know what time we are living in. You do everything and anything trying to survive. and then some damb f'k corporate genius trying to take away your last hope.
According to the new rules proposed, 40 PERCENT of the Top 20 Worldwide Ebay Sellers (as of August 26th, 2008) will be SUSPENDED from selling, or on the verge of being suspended...
I am already suspended. even I have 100% positive feedback with no complaints from buyers. and I've been a seller from 2001
this is all about new DSR rules
http://www.infinitydj.com/ebay/dsrcrap.htm
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=510004386&tstart=0&mod=1219850991172

No merry Christmas for eBay
http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/10/15/no-merry-christmas-for-ebay/

Sometimes I think that somebody injected a virus into the heads of American big Corporation executives. they intend to do stupid fatal mistakes, that drives companies out of business with hundreds of thousands unemployed people left behined. and they don't even seems to care.
And You dont see that with corporations from Japan/Korea/China/EU
they my have a hard time, but they can survive the storm.

My personal opinion about our BIG 3 that are in trouble is this:

Instead of giving them 25 billions for help. Give those Money to Toyota and Honda to buy out those stupid big 3. So they can reorginized that mess, give people their jobs back, and send those corporate dumb f'ks to hell

gary88
11-15-08, 01:19 PM
www.amazon.com :yup:

yourgmsolutions
11-15-08, 01:25 PM
^You right.
ebay is trying to compete with amazon, but doing it so wrong. it's shooting it self in the foot.

Spittin Game
11-15-08, 05:51 PM
Can someone give me the cliffs notes on why this is happening? WAY too much reading for me.

Rolex
11-15-08, 05:57 PM
I have been saying for the past 2 years that Ebay will see to its own undoing. With all the rip offs and their UNBELIEVABLE policies I grow weary of shopping on Ebay.

Spyder
11-15-08, 06:01 PM
I still find a lot of good stuff on there, but the prices aren't what they used to be, and the policies blow. It's more convenient than savings now. Although I did score some dirt cheap silver bullion the other day.

dkozloski
11-15-08, 07:15 PM
Ebay has become little more than a thieves market. 1/2 of what's for sale is hot and the other 1/2 is misrepresented. Google "stolen merchandise Ebay" for a jillion hits and stories.

ejguillot
11-16-08, 09:16 AM
Ebay really isn't what it used to be, and I remember when it was good (I signed up nearly 11 years ago). Now I rarely look at auctions that are outside my local area, so I can just pick up and pay cash. And I sold some stuff on ebay for years, but I really don't plan on ever listing on eBay again, it's too expensive and a pain in the ass.

Craigslist FTW!

dkozloski
11-16-08, 03:50 PM
Ebay really isn't what it used to be, and I remember when it was good (I signed up nearly 11 years ago). Now I rarely look at auctions that are outside my local area, so I can just pick up and pay cash. And I sold some stuff on ebay for years, but I really don't plan on ever listing on eBay again, it's too expensive and a pain in the ass.

Craigslist FTW!
You can find a better class of people than those selling stuff on Ebay, hanging around the liquor store and in the alley behind the pool hall. They have better stuff and you get to inspect it. The warranty sucks.

yourgmsolutions
11-16-08, 08:59 PM
anyway, I guess good things never last. eBay was a good idea at the begining, then it was ruin by a morons. and since eBay bought out PayPal, they ruined them as well. I am pissed, but i am over it. Now I feel very good to give my money to Google/Yahoo/Amazon

yourgmsolutions
11-16-08, 09:10 PM
You can find a better class of people than those selling stuff on Ebay, hanging around the liquor store and in the alley behind the pool hall. They have better stuff and you get to inspect it. The warranty sucks.

In California we have SwapMeets, so we don't have to hang arount Liquor Stores or behined Pool Hall.
The warranty sucks, but you can always come back and kick his a$$. and sometimes he kick your a$$

Jesda
11-17-08, 11:37 AM
Amazon is worse for sellers than eBay. These new eBay policies are the adoption of Amazon's policies, geared toward the buyer at the great expense of the seller.