: Back up Camera Help

mbovinet
11-15-08, 01:41 AM
We just bought a 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum today. We looked at a 05 a few days back that had a back up camera linked up to view out the factory nav screen.

Does anyone know what all I'll need in order to do the same on ours?

Thanks in advance

Mike

mbovinet
11-16-08, 06:46 PM
Somebody's gotta know :banghead:

technobill
11-16-08, 09:04 PM
Greetings,

I've no experience with this application, but have been installing my own car stereos since Pioneer SuperTuners were top shelf. That may or may not give you a frame of reference depending on your age.

If you are looking for substantive input, rather than anonymous experts full of advice until presented with a specific complication :bomb: I highly recommend Crutchfield. You can browse their inventory online to get an idea of your options, there are many, and then call them to get started determining a path best suited to your needs.

Below is a link to one random complete system.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=277650&i=707VTC433R&search=Backup+Camera&tp=83

Below is a link to search results of their site for backup cameras.
http://www.crutchfield.com/g_277650/Rear-view-Cameras.html?search=Backup+Camera&tp=83

When the install hits a snag, you call them, they help you. Lifetime support is included with all their products. :yup:

Lu Scola
11-16-08, 10:52 PM
Im not sure if the 05- or 06 had a back up camera functional with the nav system from the factory.

If not here are your options

#1 You will have to get a Nav-TV converter box

You will have to buy a back up cam. (Boyo makes decent ones)

The nav tv will allow you to view dvd and back up camera on the factory nav unit.

If you need more details let me know.

mbovinet
11-17-08, 12:06 AM
Im not sure if the 05- or 06 had a back up camera functional with the nav system from the factory.

If not here are your options

#1 You will have to get a Nav-TV converter box

You will have to buy a back up cam. (Boyo makes decent ones)

The nav tv will allow you to view dvd and back up camera on the factory nav unit.

If you need more details let me know.

I've looked a few places, I think I know what you mean as far as the converter box now. I just can't find 1 for a 2006. I keep finding ones for a 03-05. Do you know who makes it?

luxurylife33
11-17-08, 12:50 AM
im also interested for my 03... where can i get a converter box for my stock navi?

yourgmsolutions
11-17-08, 01:04 AM
there are to different types of converters (RGB Interface). one for early 2003-2004 models non touch screen Nav Radios, and them 2004-2006 for the touch screen nav Radios. Modification is very easy. top or bottom( don't remember, it's been a long time ago) radio panel needs to be poped out, and then ribon cable from RGB interface needs to be pluged in ( piggy back style) also interface gives you extra audio input for your DVD/Game sources. I my have a few ( for touch screen radios) of those interfaces $150. and for $200 more I can attach a bluetooth phone interface, where you can see callers ID/phone book/etc. on your nav screen when making or recieving phone calls. Bluetooth kit made by Raytel and model# 5000vi

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/gm-geek/Escalade/P1010661.jpg

luxurylife33
11-17-08, 01:07 PM
do you have any left for the 03 non-touchscreens ?

yourgmsolutions
11-17-08, 01:37 PM
I will check, but may be only one i may have

big.eds
02-04-09, 04:29 AM
I will check, but may be only one i may have

i want that please!

shore
02-04-09, 11:15 AM
I need one for the touchscreen...can we get a pic of what it is?

luxurylife33
02-05-09, 01:43 PM
Shore,

You can get one off eBay for about $200. Type in "nav tv escalade". Make sure you get the 05 touchscreen version. I bought one for my 03 ext and I will be doing a write up once I get it.

shore
02-05-09, 08:03 PM
looking forward to reading it...just seems pricey for all the parts.