: What am I missing? Are they being delivered

caddiedrummer
11-14-08, 04:54 PM
My dealer says the cars remain on hold. Scott emails me he has had 2 on site. I call and he tells me both have been sold. I specifically say "you had 2 cars in hand and they have been delivered" He says "yes" and that a dealer in Tx and Cal has taken delivery.

Is my dealer BSing me????

chris1268
11-14-08, 05:15 PM
I would sure tend to believe that the dealer is 'bsing you. I do not think any production saleable cars have left Lancing yet.

caddiedrummer
11-14-08, 05:19 PM
The it ain't my dealer whi is BSing me and I find this disturbing

chris1268
11-14-08, 06:27 PM
What?

caddiedrummer
11-14-08, 07:37 PM
Sorry no spellcheck.

I don't know what to believe. My dealer says NO cars are being delivered whereas a forum dealer is telling me he absolutely delivered 2 cars and says he will post pics here.

I don't want to point fingers but it pi$$es me off when a dealer here tells me the east coast manager for Cadillac says cars are on hold and another dealer is selling them. This is really poor. Dualcams, Tony?????

Dualcams34
11-14-08, 09:38 PM
The cars this dealer had are fleet cars from our pre production run. We had 4 runs of these cars and there were around 100 total. As of yesterday. some V's are in the transit mode, but have not yet been shipped to dealers. Engineers from Detroit are slowing driving every V to make sure issues are corrected. There is one more check to be completed which I heard Monday is the start of the reflash. This will be done out at the shipping yard, then guess what? On to the dealers. Stand by they are on the way soon.

Florian
11-14-08, 09:51 PM
hmmmmm, I dont see 5000 status ANYWHERE......Scotty, what say you? Im calling shenanigans!!!

F

Krug Ford
11-15-08, 03:13 PM
Some cars have been shipped and are marked fleet sold.. They get delivered to dealers.

These are cars that can't be sold to the general public unless GM changes the order from sold retail fleet to SRE..

There has been some other dealerships in Michigan that have received these as well..

I will have 6 more within the next 10 days for sale.. If anyone wants to stop by and take a look at one let me know...

I will have it arranged to show...

Scott

urbanski
11-15-08, 03:19 PM
but if they are fleet, you CANT sell them you just said.

caddiedrummer
11-15-08, 04:23 PM
Some cars have been shipped and are marked fleet sold.. They get delivered to dealers.

These are cars that can't be sold to the general public unless GM changes the order from sold retail fleet to SRE..

There has been some other dealerships in Michigan that have received these as well..

I will have 6 more within the next 10 days for sale.. If anyone wants to stop by and take a look at one let me know...

I will have it arranged to show...

Scott

Fascinating. I wish you had told me this somewhere in the numerous emails and 2 calls we had yesterday when I kept asking you "how is it you have Vs and my dealers says they haven't been released." Thanks for wasting my time.

dqw1
11-15-08, 05:28 PM
:confused:I'm confused.

LV_V
11-15-08, 05:51 PM
:food-snacking:

dqw1
11-15-08, 05:58 PM
Let me attempt to understand this. The fleet cars are bought by a dealership and can't be ordered by a dealership for a buyer. The dealership can then sell the car once it's on the lot, right? I don't know if I have this even halfway correct but why can't they give you a straight answer.
Where's Tony?

CVP33
11-15-08, 06:14 PM
This reminds me of when I ordered my 2004 Impulse Blue GTO with blue interior. Was it built? Was it not? Was it on the ship? Etc. This went on for 6 months. I finally gave up and got the CTS-V. The only encouraging bit of news I've seen on here came from the line worker, can't remember his screen name, who said that QC was "holding" the cars due to some minor issues. The minor issues were characterized as something the end user would never notice. Kind of makes me happy to hear that quality control has not given way to rush these cars to dealers. In the end I'll think we'll all end up with a better product.

urbanski
11-15-08, 06:25 PM
dualcams

Cadillac Tony
11-15-08, 07:22 PM
Where's Tony?

I'm right here. To answer the question posed to me- no. No salable units have been delivered to Dealers from the factory.

What's happened between Scott and Caddiedrummer is between them, therefore I can't comment on it.

caddiedrummer
11-15-08, 07:40 PM
Tony is right. And if I could have reached Dualcams yesterday I could have been saved a lot of BS.

urbanski
11-15-08, 08:17 PM
fortunately dual posts alot of updates here in 09. just watch for them

dqw1
11-15-08, 11:02 PM
I'm right here. To answer the question posed to me- no. No salable units have been delivered to Dealers from the factory.

What's happened between Scott and Caddiedrummer is between them, therefore I can't comment on it.
Sorry, didn't mean to put you on the spot.

Cadillac Tony
11-15-08, 11:27 PM
No worries man, I just try to stay out of conversations about other vendors if I don't have something nice to say or don't have the whole story.

No retail build CTS-Vs have hit Dealers yet, but they will soon.

HPCC
11-16-08, 03:09 AM
...There is one more check to be completed which I heard Monday is the start of the reflash...Hmm...could it be: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=135569

Florian
11-16-08, 12:55 PM
this is 205d from 1st pg.

F